Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

i may be wrong but wasn't delhomme released to get out of some bad money on his contract??? i seem to recall him having like a $9 mil number or something

Ryan Tannehill had to walk into Mike Sherman's offense and demand to be given more snaps with the 1st unit, prior to the team's final Mini Camp before their 6 weeks off. Because to that point he'd not had a SINGLE ROTATION with the 1st team.

And people want me to believe that the deck has been stacked in Ryan Tannehill's favor this whole time?

LMFAO.

That was minicamp. That was months ago. That was the first time he stepped onto the field for this organization.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

i may be wrong but wasn't delhomme released to get out of some bad money on his contract??? i seem to recall him having like a $9 mil number or something

Jake was old and injured. Fox rode his elbow into the ground.

I talk like Fox wasn't trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust? How did you come to that conclusion? If Fox was trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust, he would have released Moore and kept Jake but that is not what happened. Fox kicked Delhomme to the curb and gave the keys to Moore but unfortunately for everyone in Carolina, Matt couldn't hold up his end of the plan.

eh... I think Fox liked Moore okay but Delhomme was his chosen guy and Carolina had their best years with Jake as the QB. Honestly, Moore was ready to leave Carolina but he played well down the stretch and got them to 8-8 so the Panthers tendered him a 1st and 3rd rounder (which flattered Moore). The GM Marty Hurney LOVED Jimmy Claussen and traded up in the 2nd to get him. If what my cousin in Rocky Mount NC (and he's a Panther fan) said is correct, a huge sticking point between Fox and Hurney was playing Claussen as a rookie. Fox had to when Moore got hurt. I guess Rivera and co last year REALLY wanted Cam Newton but Hurney wanted to give Claussen another chance but ownership overruled the GM.

Oh and the deck was never in Tanny's favor. I look at it as what most successful franchises do and have the young guy earn first team reps, which all of them minus Jonathan Martin have had to do.

I talk like Fox wasn't trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust? How did you come to that conclusion? If Fox was trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust, he would have released Moore and kept Jake but that is not what happened. Fox kicked Delhomme to the curb and gave the keys to Moore but unfortunately for everyone in Carolina, Matt couldn't hold up his end of the plan.

Fox had no choice. Jake's elbow was busted.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

eh... I think Fox liked Moore okay but Delhomme was his chosen guy and Carolina had their best years with Jake as the QB. Honestly, Moore was ready to leave Carolina but he played well down the stretch and got them to 8-8 so the Panthers tendered him a 1st and 3rd rounder (which flattered Moore). The GM Marty Hurney LOVED Jimmy Claussen and traded up in the 2nd to get him. If what my cousin in Rocky Mount NC (and he's a Panther fan) said is correct, a huge sticking point between Fox and Hurney was playing Claussen as a rookie. Fox had to when Moore got hurt. I guess Rivera and co last year REALLY wanted Cam Newton but Hurney wanted to give Claussen another chance but ownership overruled the GM.

Thank you.

i don't believe that the deck was stacked against ryan tannehill...they changed the o to fit what he was familiar with and his strengths after all...to help ryans transition not the other way around

Delhomme signed a 5-year extension worth $42.5 million with $20 million guaranteed after the 2008 season.

Delhomme signed a 5-year extension worth $42.5 million with $20 million guaranteed after the 2008 season.

yeah and his play fell off the table not long after...i think actually the more i recall that they kept him a year that i thought they would let him go despite a $9 mil or some large cap number and the following year they released him and then i think in season resigned him on the cheap for a short while...been a while so maybe i'm off

yeah and his play fell off the table not long after...i think actually the more i recall that they kept him a year that i thought they would let him go despite a $9 mil or some large cap number and the following year they released him and then i think in season resigned him on the cheap for a short while...been a while so maybe i'm off

Delhomme had that 6 interception game against Arizona in the playoffs and never recovered.

I know all that. Delhomme had lost some velocity on his passes because of the elbow injury in 2008. Despite that fact, Carolina still gave him a contract extension with $20 million guaranteed in it.

In any event, for the 2010 season, Carolina hitch their season to Matt Moore and he didn't deliver because he either suffered a concussion or got injured.

I know all that. Delhomme had lost some velocity on his passes because of the elbow injury in 2008. Despite that fact, Carolina still gave him a contract extension with $20 million guaranteed in it.

In any event, for the 2010 season, Carolina hitch their season to Matt Moore and he didn't deliver because he either suffered a concussion or got injured.

Ya, Matt had a concussion in game 1 ... and then torn labrum by game 6-7.

Moore didn't deliver because he sucked, it had nothing to do with injuries.

Why does he need to totally out play moore to win the job, we have a new staff and a new offense. the new staff doesnt owe moore anything, to me the only way he should start is if he totally out plays tanny. Moore isnt a pro bowl player, he hasnt lead this team to a SB, he just a journey men qb just like all the rest of the qbs we signed or traded for since Dan. Moore was going to lose out to DG anyway. luck for him that Dg got hurt other wise he might not even be here in a couple of weeks

It has nothing to do with what the staff owes Moore, it has to do with what the rookie has to prove. Win the job outright. It cannot be handed to him nor should he win it in a push. I am surprised that so many feel Tannehill should simply be given the keys without him totally proving himself.

I want a QB to be the face of the team for ten plus years. Many of you seem to want to be satisfied for the next month. Make the process and competition right so that Tannehill is the guy for a long time.

Play him too early and he falls on his face...awful for the franchise. Play without the respect of the locker room...awful for the franchise. This has to be done right.

We see two different ways to bring a qb along..

It's "perception" to the onlookers as they see him tear it up vs. backups and slowly building his confidence up. They're more catered towards developing Ryan and bringing it out of him as fast as they can than they are developing Moore who's on a 1 year rental. Matt's literally faced the 1's on defense all of camp, primarily with the 2's on offense ..... that was until Garrard went down. I'm still looking for the reason why that is other than to "unbalance" the results.

Patently false.

Back
Top Bottom