Tannehill starting tonight! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill starting tonight!

I wouldn't say franchise ...... but you have to wonder about QB's who come in as rookies and get routinely blasted because of matador O-lines. They start to develop poor habits and hear phantom foot steps. I saw a report out on Sam Bradford recently talking about this kind of thing.

ok...i can get down with that...i don't see this oline being a turnstyle in pass pro though and tannys a much better move athlete than bradford or david carr

3 teams, 3 different offensive philosophies. Sometimes all someone needs is that little thing called "consistency". Can't achieve that without reps and experience.

The love for Matt Moore I get and understand. What I don't understand is all the excuses some posters keep making for him.

Geoforce you nailed that one. Maybe if Moore would have been a better QB his coaches wouldn't have been fired.

3 teams, 3 different offensive philosophies. Sometimes all someone needs is that little thing called "consistency". Can't achieve that without reps and experience.

matt moores nfl career has been inconsistent...there comes a point where you are labeled in this league...and matt moore has reached that point...his contract with miami reflected it and his upcoming one this offseason will also...

Geoforce you nailed that one. Maybe if Moore would have been a better QB his coaches wouldn't have been fired.

Fox's firing has nothing to do with Moore. Give me a break. There were already rumblings of Fox being a goner after the 2009 season ended. He was one foot out the door before 2010 even began. That whole 2010 squad shut it down, guys started developing a sudden rash of injuries.

Sometimes I wonder about how much football around the league other people actually watch. A lot of opinions are caught in vacuums.

Sounds like more excuses.

Moore had enough reps and experince in Carolina for them to release Delhomme and name Matt the starter going into the 2010 season. Moore's 4th season in Carolina under head coach John Fox.

matt moores nfl career has been inconsistent...there comes a point where you are labeled in this league...and matt moore has reached that point...his contract with miami reflected it and his upcoming one this offseason will also...

That I will give you, as far as inconsistent .... again 3 teams, 3 different offensive philo's and he only had 13-14 starts prior to arriving in Miami. He has a canvas to work with. It would be nice if for once he got "consistency" from a team.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Sounds like more excuses.

Moore had enough reps and experince in Carolina for them to release Delhomme and name Matt the starter going into the 2010 season. Moore's 4th season in Carolina under head coach John Fox.

Delhomme was how old and how injured? C'mon man. You talk like Fox wasn't trying to ride the Delhomme train until bust. Go scour some Panther forums, I've seen many of their fans talking about Fox's unwillingness to bench Jake until he was forced to with the injury.

enigmatics you can say matt moores a victim of circumstance or that he hasn't gotten a fair shake both of which i'd disagree with but the bottom line is in league circles your boy is labeled...

I think he'll get a more extensive audition than that. They're trying to figure out who's going to start next week and therefore start the season. Rotating series in this game would produce a higher overall # of snaps with the first team for Moore than Tannehill in live game action. Moore played, what? 15 or so snaps with the first team last week? I think they'll work to even that out (say, by playing Tannehill the entire first quarter), and then rotating things after that.

Not sure I agree with that math. Offenses generally get about 10 to 12 series in a game. If Tannehill gets 2, then Moore gets 2, then Tannehill gets another 2, then Moore gets another 2, then they'll have combined for 8 series (4 a piece) and the remaining 2 to 4 series could go to Pat Devlin.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

This is not being handled correctly.

You've got TWO guys, not just one .... who need to get snaps in vs. starters. Moore needs it because this is his first time under Sherman's system and Tanny needs it because he's a rookie who has been outplaying backups and we need to see if it's fool's gold. To have Tanny play the entire half is not kosher to me though. Especially with Moore coming back to Carolina, I mean you want a gut check game where want to see if Moore can step it up? I know it's the preseason, but that franchise shat all over him and cast him aside like yesterday's garbage. While it's a new system/coach, most of the players are the same .... players Matt worked with last year and earned the team MVP moniker. A little respect is due here for him and to relegate him to 2nd half status vs. UPS drivers is an insult.

This is no "open" competition. Philbin has been angling for Tanny for a while now. Matt's caught in a game of 1 year left on the contract and a #8 pick who the fanbase is giant erection over. Create situations where Tanny looks good and builds confidence, but always have Moore play against the 1st stringer D in camp, while playing with the 2nd string offense. It's pretty obvious.

Well, you're right on that count. They have geared this competition in favor of David Garrard and Matt Moore from the start. Ryan Tannehill has had the odds very much stacked against him the whole time and he's beaten those odds thus far. We'll see if he continues to do so tonight.

Well, you're right on that count. They have geared this competition in favor of David Garrard and Matt Moore from the start. Ryan Tannehill has had the odds very much stacked against him the whole time and he's beaten those odds thus far. We'll see if he continues to do so tonight.

The only open competition was for the right to back up Tannehill in the event that he came around much quicker than expected. Philbin has been pretty sly about this. Only putting Tanny in situations to shine, up until this preseason game. With his knowledge of the offense and the way he showed up on his first day of camp, he should've been tested a lot earlier.

Moore is caught in a "rental" deal. There is no support there. There's not much good intention to keep a guy who wants to start in this league, after you drafted Tanny at #8.

The only open competition was for the right to back up Tannehill in the event that he came around much quicker than expected. Philbin has been pretty sly about this. Only putting Tanny in situations to shine, up until this preseason game. With his knowledge of the offense and the way he showed up on his first day of camp, he should've been tested a lot earlier.

Moore is caught in a "rental" deal. There is no support there. There's not much intention to keep a guy who wants to start in this league, after you drafted Tanny at #8.

I hope you realize, but I don't think you do, that the very idea that Joe Philbin has been stacking the deck in Ryan Tannehill's favor by letting him go up against backups...assumes that Ryan Tannehill is legitimately starter quality.

Matt Moore and David Garrard CLEARLY started at the top and Ryan Tannehill started at the bottom. And if Ryan Tannehill hadn't so thoroughly outperformed the rest of the QBs in both game situations then he would have remained at the bottom and one of those other guys would have started no matter how poorly or how good they did. THAT is stacking the deck AGAINST the rookie.

of course moore is caught in a rental deal...if he wasn't we don't draft a qb with a top 10 pick even though matt moore is in his playing prime...

My head is seriously hurting from the number of correct decisions I've seen this franchise make since hiring Philbin.

I don't even know what to think right now.

:iwantmore:

I am excited as well, but I would hold off at calling all these decisions the right ones at this point till we see how things play......things can change very rapidly....

That I will give you, as far as inconsistent .... again 3 teams, 3 different offensive philo's and he only had 13-14 starts prior to arriving in Miami. He has a canvas to work with. It would be nice if for once he got "consistency" from a team.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Delhomme was how old and how injured? C'mon man. You talk like Fox wasn't trying to ride the Delhomme train until bust. Go scour some Panther forums, I've seen many of their fans talking about Fox's unwillingness to bench Jake until he was forced to with the injury.

I talk like Fox wasn't trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust? How did you come to that conclusion? If Fox was trying to ride the Delhomme train until it bust, he would have released Moore and kept Jake but that is not what happened. Fox kicked Delhomme to the curb and gave the keys to Moore but unfortunately for everyone in Carolina, Matt couldn't hold up his end of the plan.

Ryan Tannehill had to walk into Mike Sherman's offense and demand to be given more snaps with the 1st unit, prior to the team's final Mini Camp before their 6 weeks off. Because to that point he'd not had a SINGLE ROTATION with the 1st team.

And people want me to believe that the deck has been stacked in Ryan Tannehill's favor this whole time?

LMFAO.

I hope you realize, but I don't think you do, that the very idea that Joe Philbin has been stacking the deck in Ryan Tannehill's favor by letting him go up against backups...assumes that Ryan Tannehill is legitimately starter quality.

It's "perception" to the onlookers as they see him tear it up vs. backups and slowly building his confidence up. They're more catered towards developing Ryan and bringing it out of him as fast as they can than they are developing Moore who's on a 1 year rental. Matt's literally faced the 1's on defense all of camp, primarily with the 2's on offense ..... that was until Garrard went down. I'm still looking for the reason why that is other than to "unbalance" the results.

Back
Top Bottom