Team QB Rankings (prepare to wince Bills and Jets fans) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Team QB Rankings (prepare to wince Bills and Jets fans)

FinfanInBuffalo said:
The Vikings (including Daunte Culpepper) have been extremely inconsistent. The entire organization has been a mess:

- Controversy between Dennis Green and the owners
- Departure of Dennis Green
- Sudden retirement of Robert Smith
- Randy Moss hysteria
- Cris Carter/Randy Moss hissy fits
- Unbelievably bad defenses
- Sometimes nonexistent running game
- Running out of time on their first round pick two years in a row
- Love boat scandal
- Whizzinator

The Vikings have been a constant source of distractions.

"Good" QBs don't throw 39 TDs in a season. Only 3 QBs in the history of the NFL have thrown more (and even they didn't do it often).

"Great" QBs make their teams better. Daunte hasn't shown that.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Read it and weep (or laugh)

32. Buffalo
Just a total disaster area. J.P. Losman looked terrible last year, and according to the rookie projection system, no recent first-round pick is less likely to become a productive NFL starter. Backing up Brett Favre is much like being the Maytag repairman, so nobody knows what to expect from Craig Nall. Kelly Holcomb is the other option.

Ouch.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5764156

The QB spot doesnt look good for the Bills. I can envisage that Brady Quinn will be a Bill come 2007.

How'd the Vikings get so much better when Brad Johnson came in?

Here's a similar question.

How'd the Dolphins go from 3-7 to 9-7? QB play didn't suddenly get better, the Dolphins running game and defense started to step up, just like in Minny. Teams jell Bills fans, and Culpepper is easily better than Gus, whom the Phins went 9-7 with. Do you understand why we're so excited?

Kinzua said:
"Great" QBs make their teams better. Daunte hasn't shown that.

his team would never have hit .500 with their lousy defense all those years if he wasn't playing.

watch Minny this year....6-10 is my prediction.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I don't have a problem with that.

I'll admit...Tom Brady, IMO, is the 2nd best QB in the NFL. He's great.

But, as a team overall, we have cought you, New England. On a talent standpoint, and a coaching staff standpoint.

It's true. We only finished one game behind you in the AFC East standings last year. And the game in Miami, which you won, was lost by us on one single drop.
If Randy Mac catches that pass before halftime, we AT LEAST go up 10-0.

And don't bring up the injury excuse. You lost a bunch of clutch players while we gained talent at crucial positions in the offseason.

Like I said, Tom Brady is great. But Daunte Culpepper is a top 7 QB in the NFL too.
And when you add that production at the QB spot to the rest of our team, you better look out.

It'll be a good race. Good luck.
I'm so glad you feel so good about the Fins. But your bragging about only being one game behind is something you should take a longer look at. Patriots played with out the starting O-Tackles ,and Center for most of the Season. The Starting RB and his backup where injured most of the season. The DBs where a group held together with bubble gum and paper clips. The LBs took most of the Season to get close to healthy. You are not as close as you think you are.

Dolfan984 said:
How'd the Vikings get so much better when Brad Johnson came in?

Here's a similar question.

How'd the Dolphins go from 3-7 to 9-7? QB play didn't suddenly get better, the Dolphins running game and defense started to step up, just like in Minny. Teams jell Bills fans, and Culpepper is easily better than Gus, whom the Phins went 9-7 with. Do you understand why we're so excited?

Seeing we know how they got to 9-7.... by playing starters vs the Pats bench in week 17 so in reality your question should read how did they go from 3-7 to 8-8. :D

All anyone wants to talk about is Culpepper's reconstructed Knee but I'd like to know if he still has fumblitis. Man he had a couple of seasons where he looked like a keystone QB. :confused:

The Myth said:
I'm so glad you feel so good about the Fins. But your bragging about only being one game behind is something you should take a longer look at. Patriots played with out the starting O-Tackles ,and Center for most of the Season. The Starting RB and his backup where injured most of the season. The DBs where a group held together with bubble gum and paper clips. The LBs took most of the Season to get close to healthy. You are not as close as you think you are.

Way to avoid what I said in the first two sentences.

I said Tom Brady is one of the top two QBs in the league.

I don't care what injuries you had last year. We have cought you on a talent level. Period. It's time to admit that. I'm not saying we'll win the AFC East, just because Tom Brady is that good, but we certainly have a GREAT shot. Because we now have a Pro Bowl QB to go along with the rest of our talent and a great coaching staff.

It'll be a good race. Admit that.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Way to avoid what I said in the first two sentences.

I said Tom Brady is one of the top two QBs in the league.

I don't care what injuries you had last year. We have cought you on a talent level. Period. It's time to admit that. I'm not saying we'll win the AFC East, just because Tom Brady is that good, but we certainly have a GREAT shot. Because we now have a Pro Bowl QB to go along with the rest of our talent and a great coaching staff.

It'll be a good race. Admit that.

The Fins have not "cought" (fyi -- the past tense of catch is "caught" not "cought") NE on a "talent level". NE is solid, if not great, at just about every position except kicker where they drafted a young guy to compete with Grammatica. At some positions, particularly QB, they are great. Brady isn't "one of the top two QBs in the league"; he's the best. He's proven it by winning clutch games over and over and over. Peyton Manning may have the stats but Brady has the rings.

Miami has serious question marks on both sides of the ball. On defense, the secondary is mediocre at best, the line is old (Traylor is 35-36, Taylor's over 30) and Saban's been scrambling unsuccessfully to upgrade the LBs. There's talent, but it's thin. On offense, Miami has upgraded the QB position, but Daunte Culpepper is not anywhere near as good as Brady. The Fins have a nice group of receivers and a good young RB. They don't have Ricky Williams, however, to give them the 1-2 punch they had last year -- and if Ronnie even gets nicked up, the Fins have no running game -- just like 2004. Miami has NOT upgraded its offensive line. Apparently, Seth McKinney has not come back from last year's injury as well as expected, prompting the Fins to move Hadnot to center and to sign Bennie Anderson, a reject from Buffalo's horrible oline of 2005, to compete with McKinney for the left guard spot.

Miami still has too many holes to be a serious contender to NE unless the Pats "fall back" to the pack through injury or bad decisions during free agency (letting Vinatieri go may be a decision that comes back to bite the Patsies in the butt, but nobody knows at this point).

Kinzua said:
Peyton Manning may have the stats but Brady has the rings.

Same tired argument.

Kinzua said:
Miami has serious question marks on both sides of the ball. On defense, the secondary is mediocre at best,

As is NE's

Kinzua said:
the line is old (Traylor is 35-36, Taylor's over 30)

That's why the rotate many people on the line. Taylor looked pretty good last season.

Kinzua said:
and Saban's been scrambling unsuccessfully to upgrade the LBs.

He's been adding depth to an already solid starting core. Thomas is still playing at a high level, Crowder played very well last season, Spragan and Hodge will compete for the third spot.

Kinzua said:
On offense, Miami has upgraded the QB position, but Daunte Culpepper is not anywhere near as good as Brady.

More BS. Brady is better but Culpepper is still a probowl caliber QB.

Kinzua said:
The Fins have a nice group of receivers and a good young RB.

What you meant to say is that Miami has the better RB and receivers.

Kinzua said:
Miami has NOT upgraded its offensive line. Apparently, Seth McKinney has not come back from last year's injury as well as expected, prompting the Fins to move Hadnot to center and to sign Bennie Anderson, a reject from Buffalo's horrible oline of 2005, to compete with McKinney for the left guard spot.

This is bunk. They have upgraded at LT and center. Carey has another year of experience at RT. LG is solid and RG will have a competition with the better player getting the start. Anderson is competing for RIGHT guard (which is where he played before going to Buffalo).

Kinzua said:
Miami still has too many holes to be a serious contender to NE unless the Pats "fall back" to the pack through injury or bad decisions during free agency (letting Vinatieri go may be a decision that comes back to bite the Patsies in the butt, but nobody knows at this point).

Most national publications disagree with you. Most have Miami listed as a serious contender with NE still having a lead.

The facts are that NE finished at 10-6 last season and that is a very realistic goal for the Fins this season.

What you meant to say is that Miami has the better RB and receivers.
No, I think we are even in receivers. Watson may move to the 3rd slot, and Chad Jackson is going to be a star. Tom Brady is falling in love with this rookie receiver from what ESPN has said. CJ likely has the 2nd slot on lock. They still have Deion Branch, and they will have a 1-2 punch RB core from Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney, a running back core we could have matched if Ricky was still here.
Most national publications disagree with you. Most have Miami listed as a serious contender with NE still having a lead.

The facts are that NE finished at 10-6 last season and that is a very realistic goal for the Fins this season.
Sure, we can be contenders IF we mold up quickly. We have yet to play a single game with all these new players added in our roster, so we don't even know yet how good or bad this season may be. Nothing is guaranteed, especially in the most competitive league in the entire planet (thanks to the salary cap and draft).

Also, you shouldn't ignore the fact that though NE finished 10-6, they went through MANY MANY injuries last season, yet Tom Brady still had one of his best statistical seasons.

I hope we crush them, but we shouldn't be surprised if we go either 2-0, 1-1, or 0-2 against NE this season. They still have Brady, and they still have Belicheck.

BwanaZulia said:
Not last year.

The question is, can he come back to what he once was over two years ago?

BZ

What?????? It was January 2005 when he was spanking Farves a$$ in the play offs??????? Thats 18 months...

Kinzua said:
Sorry to rain on the Fins' parade, but there were serious questions about Daunte's leadership, his ability to read defenses, and to make the big play in the clutch -- and this was before he was hurt and before he was traded to Miami. Only time will tell if he can do it.

Ya Know I Agree..Ive never liked DC before and until he can show he's a real leader and stays healthy then I will not jump on the bandwagon..But I hope he does very well while he's in Miami.
But what you said about Marino earlier about him not doing well in the playoffs well look in the Mirror I seem to recall that Jim Kelly led the Bills to 4 straight SB Loses..I Know it wasnt all his fault but still.

Just a side note,I dont care to much for a PLAYERS personal stats,Its a about the team and SB's.Who Cares if Peyton Manning is one of the best all time,HOW MANY RINGS does INDIANAPOLIS have with him-ZERO ?How many does NEW ENGLAND have with Tom Brady-3,Or the VIKES with Daunte-ZERO.

Joey 22 said:
What?????? It was January 2005 when he was spanking Farves a$$ in the play offs??????? Thats 18 months...

That was the 2002 season.

Two years ago was the 2004 season, January 2005.

Both he played well and won in the post season.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Not last year.

The question is, can he come back to what he once was over two years ago?

BZ

I'll be happy if he returns to how he played in his last complete game -

23 out of 31 for 280, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, QB rating of 123

Back
Top Bottom