Tebow is ridiculous | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tebow is ridiculous

Never seen anything like it. An NFL team is winning games with a QB who can't throw the ball. completion percentage of <45% on the season. It's like I'm watching another awful Disney movie. Air Bud? **** it. Call it Air Tebow.

9/20 for 104 yards. Guy does nothing for 50 minutes, defense makes a few plays, and then they win on the last drive. It's like the guy who doesn't show up to class all semester and then aces the final.

One other thing, can we officially declare The Jets defense overrated?

1zl4ozd-1.jpg

All glory to the Tebow!

Never seen anything like it. An NFL team is winning games with a QB who can't throw the ball. completion percentage of <45% on the season. It's like I'm watching another awful Disney movie. Air Bud? **** it. Call it Air Tebow.

9/20 for 104 yards. Guy does nothing for 50 minutes, defense makes a few plays, and then they win on the last drive. It's like the guy who doesn't show up to class all semester and then aces the final.

It works for now, but it is not a permanent solution for Denver. Right now no one can defend Tebow because they didn't see him coming and there isn't much film on him (in the NFL) for them to study. It will be like the wildcat. No one could defend it at first. But as soon as there was enough film of it, everyone figured it out. Unless Tebow can get comfortable in the pocket, he will just be a flash in the pan just like the wildcat.

That being said, I was a Broncos fan for the night. I don't like Tebow, but my dislike for the Jets out weighed my dislike for Tebow. LOL!

The Denver offense now is a novelty offense. Its usefulness is going to die sooner or later. Its new now, but as film piles up, watch Tebow become less and less effective. Newton is running a legitimate offense. Not even a comparison. If you think a NFL team can be successful in the long term with no passing game, I dont know what to tell you. This aint 1954. Denver really isnt scoring some great number of points now as it is. Tebow has topped 20 once I think. Imagine when people catch up and he has to throw. He just isnt going to be successfull long term unless he learns to throw, and if he hasnt learnt that after 4 years at Florida and nearly 2 in the NFL, I cant see him learning now.

Catch up to what? How many option plays did Tebow run all game? I don't know if the spread option would work in the nfl and frankly noone does because they haven't tried it. I'd just like to see someone give it a shot and I hope Denver does.

I do know that no new innovative offense was going to work before it did. The spread passing attack was going to get the QB killed and nobody would be able to run from a single back set.

Catch up to what? How many option plays did Tebow run all game? I don't know if the spread option would work in the nfl and frankly noone does because they haven't tried it. I'd just like to see someone give it a shot and I hope Denver does.I do know that no new innovative offense was going to work before it did. The spread passing attack was going to get the QB killed and nobody would be able to run from a single back set.
All Im saying is they are not going be be successful long term running the ball 100 times a game. Teams are eventually going to slow it down (not that its terribly effective as is) and good luck if they find themselves needing to pass. Its just not an offense thats going to work. Ill be impressed when that offense beats a team that can actually put points on the board.

Why in the world would you, on that Tebow TD run, blitz everyone and only leave a safety to set the edge? Even if that safety stayed in position Tebow probably would have just run over him. Maybe he would have got him down before the goal line but the Ponies would have been inside the 5 with 50 seconds left. They would have run Tebow up the gut until he bulled his way into the endzone. Then the Jets would have had like 8 seconds to do something with after that.

Blitz that safety and leave a LBer to set the edge.

Faced with a tough pass to make on 3rd down, Tebow gave the ball up to Jesus. Jesus gave it back and said, "Run it, moron!"

That last play was weird. The Jets came on a blitz and he takes off running. Denver's WRs that ran to the end zone must've done the best blocking job in history b/c the Jet DB's weren't anywhere to be seen from the 20 yd line to the end zone. When he ran, he could've scored backwards.

I honestly think Jesus was blocking the defense on that play. I don't know how else to describe where the defense was.

I think if Rex Ryan, a defensive master, with corners like Revis who can play one on one with the Denver WR's, can't stop Tebow from winning, who can? I honestly expected this to be the let down game, but he keeps winning, even though he shouldn't? What's his record in the NFL now? Who would have thought that the Broncos would be better off for the playoffs right now than the Jets?

All Im saying is they are not going be be successful long term running the ball 100 times a game. Teams are eventually going to slow it down (not that its terribly effective as is) and good luck if they find themselves needing to pass. Its just not an offense thats going to work. Ill be impressed when that offense beats a team that can actually put points on the board.

How can you judge something you've never seen? I don't understand how everyone knows something cannot work when its never been tried.

Running a traditional offense (which if you watched the game was what they were doing most of the time) isn't going to work with Tebow. I think we can all agree with Fox on that. All I'm saying is let the kid run a spread option like he did in college and see how it goes. They don't need to run it 100 times or try and pass it 28 times....neither makes a whole lotta sense.

How can you judge something you've never seen? I don't understand how everyone knows something cannot work when its never been tried.

Running a traditional offense (which if you watched the game was what they were doing most of the time) isn't going to work with Tebow. I think we can all agree with Fox on that. All I'm saying is let the kid run a spread option like he did in college and see how it goes. They don't need to run it 100 times or try and pass it 28 times....neither makes a whole lotta sense.
Well being a Dolphins fan, as I am sure you are, how long did the Wildcat work until everyone caught on? Right now Denver has to tailor to what works for Tebow, which are option style plays. But unless he can learn to throw on a professional level like every other NFL quarterback out of a "normal" offense, Denver will become one dimensional and defenses will be able to stop them sooner rather than later.

Oh, that's a given. That Broncos defense played a great game and Sanchez gift wrapped them a pick-six.

Sanchez was bad for 60 minutes, while Tebow was completely awful for 55 and then amazing for 5. The Broncos defense deserves most of the credit for giving Tebow a chance to be amazing for 5 minutes (and for that to matter), but let's give Sanchez a little bit of credit here, too. The dude stinks on ice.

Apparently by all the media coverage its not a given Tebow did it all by himself

I think part of what he was saying was that the defense is the same defense Kyle Orton couldn't win with, so it's not just the defense. Perhaps Tebow inspires them?

Well according to TylerDolphins only because Tebow wills him

Using the logic that a gimmick can't work forever b/c eventually teams will figure it out is strange. Teams know what Brady can do, what Rodgers can do, what Manning can do, what Brees can do, what Rapelisberger can do, etc...yet those guys are still successful. It's a weird comparison.

Back
Top Bottom