Ten FA's That Fit The Dolphins Future | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ten FA's That Fit The Dolphins Future

OK sell me on Drew Stanton. Aside from his pathetic collection on zero stats. Is he better now compared his MSU days? Has he developed at all?

Zach Miller.

I saw where profootballfocus.com had Fasano included in their top 101 NFL players; although I did read in the Antonio Gates section where the author admits to being biased in favor of TE's who are good blockers.

I just don't see any money going to the TE position this year.

yeah i agree on antwan barnes...and i think the price would be right for his services

Marshal yanda

Deangelo Williams

Vince young

Antwan Barnes

I want those four

OK sell me on Drew Stanton. Aside from his pathetic collection on zero stats. Is he better now compared his MSU days? Has he developed at all?

Well he's actually an NFL quarterback now, so that's a positive step in the right direction, lol.

There's no being "sold" on Drew Stanton or any of these guys, even Carson Palmer who is old with an injury history, questionable motivation and even more questionable recent play.

If you want to know how Drew Stanton plays the game I can tell you what I've seen. I see a guy with kind of a slow hitchy release who ends up a shade late on a lot of his throws as a result. I see a guy with quick feet and the ability to really hurt teams on the run, but a little bit questionable accuracy on the move. The feet are a big advantage. You know how we always seem to get victimized by the QB draw from shotgun on the goal line? He can run that play and run it well. I see a guy with enough arm strength to make things happen on the field, but whose lack of natural arm probably results in high throws and the long delivery, and may figure into his lack of touch. He does lack touch on his short passes and isn't a very good screen thrower, either on the perimeter (where the ball can be placed badly) or to the tailback. On the other hand, his feet give him the promise of being a terrific screen executor to the tailback because he can REALLY draw defenders that extra step toward him and then get the ball to a guy knifing against the grain. If he could improve his touch on screen passes that would be a boon to his game. He's accurate but doesn't have the uncanny accuracy that makes the best who they are. It's tough to say how accurate he is on deep passes based on the number of throws I've seen, but my instincts say not very. Pro Football Focus has him completing 5 of 19 over the last three years at 20+ yard depth. That sounds about right. I see a guy that benefited from Calvin Johnson's presence, which is both good and bad. It's good in that he knew when to find Calvin and trusted him. With 8 seconds remaining in the game against the Buccaneers, with one chance to make a throw and win the game otherwise kick a field goal and go into overtime, he didn't give a rat's arse that Calvin's fade pattern was off the far hash. He threw it and placed the ball well, gave Calvin Johnson the opportunity to do what he does. Just so happens Calvin didn't come down with it, but compare that to when Chad Henne had a choice between a fade to Brandon Marshall or a fade to Brian Hartline in a critical moment in a game, and he chose Hartline because he was closer. Stanton wouldn't have done that.

Actually when watching Stanton, I don't know if it was the route concepts commonly thrown or what, but he reminded me a lot of Chad Henne. A little weaker arm. Not as much accuracy intermediate. Probably the same accuracy deep. Similar ball placement criticisms. Same issues with being a little late, Stanton because of his delivery and Henne because of his relaxed brain. Same kind of patterns being thrown. Henne a little better touch. Stanton way more athletic on his feet, which presents more options in the play calling (stretches, draws, screens, etc).

I think the more you look at the guys out there and available, the more you realize that aside from Carson Palmer, whose availability to us is questionable at best, Vince Young is the only guy out there with a lick of real talent remaining to him. And that's sad, because of the problems in Vince's personality that make him the next Jeff George.

personally i'd rather take a shot at matt flynn of green bay than drew staunton

i thought flynn played pretty solid when rodgers was out that one primetime game...but i also have some aj feeley like feelings there...so its not something i'm excited about

I didn't like Flynn's work in replacement of Rodgers any more than Stanton. Probably less.

The two played each other head to head. Stanton won 7-3. Kind of says it all, don't it?

who did flynn play against in the primetime game and he came out throwing darts til he made a major mistake very late in the game??? can't remember...i thought i saw some talent there and some mobility in the pocket...weird too cause i thought he was a woeful pro prospect coming out

Ya, I agree with the guy who said the QB situation is just a tradgedy. Not to be trite, but it makes me feel like I'm at a funeral for a child.

I really hope they don't waste any picks or major cap space trying to pound square pegs into round holes. Let's wait for the 2012 draft.

I saw this morning where the rumor is Manny Lawson will not be back with the 49ers and they listed the Dolphins as a possible destination . Now there's a guy I'd like to see in a Dolphin uniform for the next six years.

ha ha...yeah all these qbs pretty much are like drinking gasoline...i'm trying to talk myself into guys

meh

I see us breaking bank on Yanda, Tony loves versatility especially at the Oline position. I think we should make a run @ Lawson just to have more depth at OLB and make Misi earn that starting spot. I think cutting Crowder would be a huge mistake, perhaps a trade but def not cut. I hope Edds can replace him and make him expandable, but I might be of the few that like Crowder. We need to find a RB to pair up with Thomas and id love Sproles or Bradshaw.

who did flynn play against in the primetime game and he came out throwing darts til he made a major mistake very late in the game??? can't remember...i thought i saw some talent there and some mobility in the pocket...weird too cause i thought he was a woeful pro prospect coming out

Patriots game I believe. When I looked closer at that game, I just wasn't that impressed with what I saw. And yet that was supposed to be the marquee game that turns a 7th round pick into a guy we bet the franchise on. Just doesn't add up for me. If you want one game, what Caleb Hanie did in the 4th quarter of that NFC Championship Game showed more than what Flynn showed in that Patriots game, mistakes and all.

Back
Top Bottom