Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

Rumor: Buffalo offered a 2nd round pick.

Rumor: A third round pick was on the table.

Doubt the first rumor, believe the latter.
I get not wanting to deal him inside the division somewhat... But a 3rd was insane value for a FA... Wow!

Thats a great example of how you trade a Laundry because you already have a player on the team. Look at what we have done under Tbum and Gase and you can see us moving backwards in player personel. We let the 7th rounder Mathews walk and attempt to replace him with 3 picks including a 3rd, you let Miller walk who was a 5th round pick and replace him with a 3rd in Drake, You let Oliver Vernon walk who was a 3rd round pick and use a 1st round pick Harris and all the corner backs are sent packing prior to Gase and we use 2 picks to get Howard in the high 2nd round last year along with the 3rd on Tank this year. Two of those former dbs are starters on other teams. Point here is we got much better value out of the draft and FA prior to Gase and company and now we are paying premium picks and money to replace that production. Jay Ajayi certainly would have brought a 3rd round pick at least if properly shopped around the league and probably even higher value imo.

I wouldn't trust Tannenbum to negotiate for an hour with a Vegas lounge hooker, let alone the premier slot receiver in the league. Whether Landry's worth $15mil or not - and he's not, "Trader Mike" should just keep his capologist-level trap shut.

Dolphins are truly the definition of CLUELESS! No leadership and it starts at the top... I blame Ross for being stupid enough to put the franchise in the hands of the loser TannenBUM. This new THREE STOOGES running the show continues our grand legacy of sucking! Gase is just as bad as Failbin was! I few more abysmal years before Ross will again be too late to realize anything. Once Cameron Wake retires, Dolphins will be devoid of any pro bowler at all. Besides the overpaid Suh, not one player that was acquired by TannenBUM (during the years 2015-2017) will ever amount to anything but an average player. What remains is a once proud organization completely stripped of everything, including the uniforms and team colors, even those have been trashed!

The Landry situation sure seems like Lamar Miller & Vernon....we will "try" & sign him but that one team will come & overpay & everyone on this board will be mad until the season starts & probably until 2019 season unless Parker or Stills completely breakout next year.

The Landry situation sure seems like Lamar Miller & Vernon....we will "try" & sign him but that one team will come & overpay & everyone on this board will be mad until the season starts & probably until 2019 season unless Parker or Stills completely breakout next year.

Everyone? A lot of people here won't be mad

I always thought the 12m number we heard in the Spring/Summer was going to be the max, don't see him getting 12 plus either. If anything his stock has dropped. There was posturing before season, more posturing, the baby momma, posturing and more posturing and here we set listening to more babble about 14-15 million. Somebody is in for rude awakening next month.
Absolutely, and I think Landry is the one going to get a surprise. I find it hard to believe that any team is going to pay him that including the Bears, 14-15 mill is just too high of an asking price. I hope this doesn't blow up in his face.

Yes, and it will probably be a dumpster fire franchise like Cleveland or Chicago. Well run franchises don’t pay $15 mil for slot receivers.
I think he’s more than just a slot receiver. He’s the best player on the team. He can catch, run, block, play ST and has intangible play making abilities. He can get deep down the hashes too. The pats won two SBs in the last 3 years w all “slot receivers” so I don’t understand the negative connotation associted. Meanwhile Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit w Calvin Johnson etc won “0” w these big all or nothing alpha guys.

I think he’s more than just a slot receiver. He’s the best player on the team. He can catch, run, block, play ST and has intangible play making abilities. He can get deep down the hashes too. The pats won two SBs in the last 3 years w all “slot receivers” so I don’t understand the negative connotation associted. Meanwhile Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit w Calvin Johnson etc won “0” w these big all or nothing alpha guys.
NE won those SBs without paying their receivers a huge amount of money... Meanwhile, Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit won "0" paying top 5 money to WRS...

They can’t resign him now.. he’s to expensive. But why not resign him before the season. When they signed Kenny stills. Stop waiting until the player has all the leverage.
.....because I don't believe that Gase wanted him after this season, I believe Gase intention was to let him walk all along. Think about this for a second, this Dolphins franchise in known to spend money when they want something, even overspending, and we don't lock down Landry (the supposed heart and soul of this team) to a long term contract last year? It's possible Gase believes (IMO) that landry is more trouble than he is worth and is willing to let him walk. In this scenario, the Dolphins get to come to the fan base and say "we made a fair offer but couldn't come to an agreement." The organization saves face and still picks up a third next year, what's the difference between this year and next year?

Spotrac has some pretty cool stats on salaries past and present. The have a new feature called Market value. Landry's is set at 13.8M. Looks like it is the average of the 5 players in there position with the stats closest to what Jarvis put up this last season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/jarvis-landry-14473/market-value/

Just out of curiosity I wanted to know how much Dan Marino made in salary over his career. You can find it out there. He made $51.5M over 17 seasons. Tannehill just surpassed $50M over 6 seasons. Ted Ginn Jr $32M in 11 seasons.

Spotrac has some pretty cool stats on salaries past and present. The have a new feature called Market value. Landry's is set at 13.8M. Looks like it is the average of the 5 players in there position with the stats closest to what Jarvis put up this last season.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/jarvis-landry-14473/market-value/

Just out of curiosity I wanted to know how much Dan Marino made in salary over his career. You can find it out there. He made $51.5M over 17 seasons. Tannehill just surpassed $50M over 6 seasons. Ted Ginn Jr $32M in 11 seasons.
Well yeah I bet Matt Moore probably made about the same this year as Marino did in his first post rookie contract. Gas was under a dollar a gallon in 1986 also.

Back
Top Bottom