Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tennenbaum, Landry and friends speak about negotiations

The only logic I can make out of this is that both Ajayi and Landry were problematic to Gase. Ajayi is gone, Landry could easily be next. I think we were idiots the way we mishandled the Ajayi situation and now this clueless FO is playing hardball with the best draft choice they've made in ages. The key is that Landry isn't Gase's pick so it's easier to move on from him. We gave Cutler Landry's money, does that make anybody happy?

NE won those SBs without paying their receivers a huge amount of money... Meanwhile, Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit won "0" paying top 5 money to WRS...

Can't really compare teams with Brady and Brllicheck to teams without them.

Interesting thing about the Spotrac market value. None of the comparable Receivers to Landry made the playoffs. Paying that much for a single position probably not a good thing....

Interesting thing about the Spotrac market value. None of the comparable Receivers to Landry made the playoffs. Paying that much for a single position probably not a good thing....
I fully believe Hopkins would have had Watson not got injured. Also don't think it's fair to those wr's to be compared to Landry.

Can't really compare teams with Brady and Brllicheck to teams without them.
I didnt chose the team to be compared, was replying to someone who did...

Keenan Allen did, and I fully believe Hopkins would have had Watson not got injured. Also don't think it's fair to those wr's to be compared to Landry.

True, forgot about Watson going down. Houston would have taken one of those playoff spots if he didn't get dinged.

I think he’s more than just a slot receiver. He’s the best player on the team. He can catch, run, block, play ST and has intangible play making abilities. He can get deep down the hashes too. The pats won two SBs in the last 3 years w all “slot receivers” so I don’t understand the negative connotation associted. Meanwhile Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit w Calvin Johnson etc won “0” w these big all or nothing alpha guys.
the patriots also don't pay there slot receivers 10+ million. He isn't an outside receiver at all.

I think he’s more than just a slot receiver. He’s the best player on the team. He can catch, run, block, play ST and has intangible play making abilities. He can get deep down the hashes too. The pats won two SBs in the last 3 years w all “slot receivers” so I don’t understand the negative connotation associted. Meanwhile Dallas, Atlanta, Giants, Detroit w Calvin Johnson etc won “0” w these big all or nothing alpha guys.
Sure, they won the Super Bowl with all slot receivers. What percentage of their cap did they spend on the position when they did so?

I think the departure with Landry will signal that Gase/T-Bum are going to seriously invest in the tight end and pass catching RB areas either in the draft or in free agency. They will try to remake the passing game to deemphasize the overused slot position and focus on yards out of the backfield/splitting the RB’s wide, and attacking the seams.

Unless you have been apart of a team this may be difficult to digest. This lack of understanding comes out clear when guys post about numbers on the field and a slot receiver is replaceable.

Jarvis Landry plays football in a way that shows the sheer determination to win. Miami fans want a winner and he is a centerpiece to this organization. To let this guy walk away is a huge mistake. The money is not ours to spend, so I don't give a **** about how much Ross pays out to keep Landry. Yes I understand the cap, and there is room to cut other players. FOR EXAMPLE. Devante Parker is the Anti Juice Landry. I would trade this scrub in a minute, he doesn't make the effort we need and always has an ailment.

This will haunt this organization for a long time if we let him go. He is what helps keep the fire burning for this team which may not always mean raw numbers!

Don't make Landry suffer for the other poor personnel decisions made by this organization.
Tannehill in 1st round
Timmons
Billy Turner
Jamar Fletcher
Dion Jordan
John Avery
Jason Allen
Ted Ginn Jr
Jared Odrick - decent player-nothing better

on and on and on

Or taking Culpepper over Bress. Or as a matter of fact taking Bress instead of Jamar Flectcher.

We always bring in washed up over the hill players. LETS KEEP ONE THAT HAS A TRUE GRIT AND PASSION FOR THE GAME.

Back
Top Bottom