The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

I don't like these first 2 innings have gone so far. They had Wright on the rope twice and couldn't come through. They should be pounding him right now.

So 3 out of 4 innings we had Wright on the ropes and we let him off the hook. This is just awful.

Ray Finkle said:
So 3 out of 4 innings we had Wright on the ropes and we let him off the hook. This is just awful.

i cant believe sox have not got a run yet

Pathetic performance tonight, they got no one to blame but themselves. They lost to Jared Wright who just flat out sucks.

The only positive of tonight outside of Manny continuing to crush pitches was seeing Papelbon sit down Jeter and blow it by the roid user that is Gary Sheffield.

Well now they gotta win tomorrow...

FaninPatsyLand said:
Pathetic performance tonight, they got no one to blame but themselves. They lost to Jared Wright who just flat out sucks.

The only positive of tonight outside of Manny continuing to crush pitches was seeing Papelbon sit down Jeter and blow it by the roid user that is Gary Sheffield.

Well, gotta win tomorrow now.

I agree 100% no excuses. This game shouldn't have been close with all the runners we had on base throughout the game. If you can't get 1 run off Wright you don't deserve to win a game.

The only positive as you said was Papelbon who continues to look like the real deal.

Bob Ryan was on Mike and the Mad Dog today and he said Papelbon would be perfectly happy to not start another game ever. He said Papelbon loves his role as the closer and he has the perfect attitude for it.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Bob Ryan was on Mike and the Mad Dog today and he said Papelbon would be perfectly happy to not start another game ever. He said Papelbon loves his role as the closer and he has the perfect attitude for it.

I wouldn't mind him closing however I think he has more value starting due to us having Craig Hansen in the minors. Unless Hansen could become a starter then its a moot point. Reguardless Papelbon isn't moving at all this year.

What happened to the Red Sox tonight? Run out of luck :lol:

FaninPatsyLand said:

Well now they gotta win tomorrow...

What is the point of mentioning "roid user"? as if no Sox(cough*cough* manny, ortiz*cough*cough) used or use steroids. Just focus on the games.

nyjunc said:
What is the point of mentioning "roid user"? as if no Sox(cough*cough* manny, ortiz*cough*cough) used or use steroids. Just focus on the games.

Oh there were definitely roid users on the Red Sox, anyone who says differently is clueless or naive. I think Nixon might have been and possibly Nomar. Kapler comes to mind as well as even Mirabelli. Anyone could have been on roids on any team. The Red Sox are not above the roid thing by any means.

However saying Manny or Ortiz is on roids would be as dumb as saying Jeter and Arod are/were. Their bodies have never changed and they still put up the same monster numbers as they did before the testing started.

Ray Finkle said:
Oh there were definitely roid users on the Red Sox, anyone who says differently is clueless or naive. I think Nixon might have been and possibly Nomar. Kapler comes to mind as well as even Mirabelli. Anyone could have been on roids on any team. The Red Sox are not above the roid thing by any means.

However saying Manny or Ortiz is on roids would be as dumb as saying Jeter and Arod are/were. Their bodies have never changed and they still put up the same monster numbers as they did before the testing started.

We all know the testing is still a joke, there are still undetectable steroids and guys are still using them. Do I know anything for sure? of course not but I have my suspicions, overnight all of a sudden ortiz becomes great. I'm not saying he did use them but I am suspicious but again every team has players who have used and/or are using them now. My eybrows were raised when Giambi came back so strong last year, basically I am suspicious of pretty much all players.

Back
Top Bottom