The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The 2006 Boston Red Sox Thread

Rocky Raccoon said:
must be a Yankees fan :nono:

:yes: I'm a yankees fan but I have to admit that the Yankees are in trouble this season.

culpepper2chambers said:
can youkillis play SS?

Probably, although so could Ortiz I suppose, just not well. :lol:

Nah Youk can't play SS, although he did play some 2nd base last year.

And screw feeling sorry for them, it's the Yankees. You think they were concerned about us last year when we were without Schilling and Foulke basically all year?

I don't expect nor do we deserve any sympathy but we are in alot worse shape injury wise than you were last year. I'm not making excuses, we astill have enough to compete(we'd be alot better off if ARod would help pick up the slack- why couldn't you guys make that trade 2 years ago! then you'd have mr. choker and we'd have schilling and '04 would be erased!

nyjunc said:
I don't expect nor do we deserve any sympathy but we are in alot worse shape injury wise than you were last year. I'm not making excuses, we astill have enough to compete(we'd be alot better off if ARod would help pick up the slack- why couldn't you guys make that trade 2 years ago! then you'd have mr. choker and we'd have schilling and '04 would be erased!

I think that's debatable. Certainly the Yankees have more injuries however the Sox had the top 2 most important pitchers (Schilling and Foulke) hurt for most if not all of last season, yet still managed to win 95 games with I think is amazing. I mean just picture the Yankees without Rivera and Mussina right now.

And no we don't want Arod now or ever :wink:

Ray Finkle said:
I think that's debatable. Certainly the Yankees have more injuries however the Sox had the top 2 most important pitchers (Schilling and Foulke) hurt for most if not all of last season, yet still managed to win 95 games with I think is amazing. I mean just picture the Yankees without Rivera and Mussina right now.

And no we don't want Arod now or ever :wink:

We did that w/ Jeter and Mo in 2003 when they missed almost half the year and we won the division.

Losing Sheff and Matsui and some of the other injuries would be comparable to losing Ortiz or Manny and w/o those 2 you guys would be in BIG trouble.

nyjunc said:
We did that w/ Jeter and Mo in 2003 when they missed almost half the year and we won the division.

Losing Sheff and Matsui and some of the other injuries would be comparable to losing Ortiz or Manny and w/o those 2 you guys would be in BIG trouble.

Good point about Jeter and Mo, I forgot about that.

The Yankees lost Sheff and Matsui but still have Damon, Jeter, Arod, Giambi, Cano and Posada. On paper you guys have enough bats to still win baseball games, whether they hit or not is a different story.

All I'm saying is that pitching wins baseball games and it's a lot harder to win with your ace and closer out basically the whole year.

I agree without Ortiz and Manny we'd be screwed because we'd have to count on Nixon, V-tek and Lowell to pick it up. However without Sheff and Matsui, the Yankees still have 2 Hall of Fame players in their line up (Jeter and Arod) and 4 other at least above average hitters in Giambi, Damon, Cano and Posada.

Red Sox fans...I come bearing gifts

yankessblow4lc-1.jpg

compliments of the outstanding MillerTime...you can use it if you want to :D

Ray Finkle said:
Probably, although so could Ortiz I suppose, just not well. :lol:

Nah Youk can't play SS, although he did play some 2nd base last year.

LOL i would love to see papi at SS

ShuggieOtis said:
nice play Youkalis

Wow. He's actually been playing very well at 1st all year. To give you a feel as to how good he's been the Sox don't put Snow in as a defensive substitute at the end of games.

Back
Top Bottom