The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Fumble: Tannehill Checked Out of a Run Play

Do you think Tannehill should've changed the play to a pass?

• Total voters
Unless instructed not to audible, then yes. Are you suggesting that Sherman instructed him not to audible, and Tannehill disobeyed him? What exactly are you saying? Philbin already confirmed it was the right call, yet you continue to doubt it.
So you believe that if he hadn't changed the play, Philbin and company would've believed it was the wrong thing to do? Do you really think Sherman called the play believing the Bills wouldn't be defending the run as they were? Do you think he called a run on 2nd and 8, thinking he'd surprise the Bills who would be defending a pass?

Unless instructed not to audible, then yes. Are you suggesting that Sherman instructed him not to audible, and Tannehill disobeyed him? What exactly are you saying? Philbin already confirmed it was the right call, yet you continue to doubt it.

Exactly. If they planned to run no matter what, then you don't line up in that formation and you don't call that play. Some people are acting like there was under a minute to play and a couple of runs kills the clock. There was 3 minutes to play. They were running their normal offense. Blame the coaches for leaving Clabo alone. If you don't trust your RT to run your offense, then he should be on the bench.

Exactly. If they planned to run no matter what, then you don't line up in that formation and you don't call that play. Some people are acting like there was under a minute to play and a couple of runs kills the clock. There was 3 minutes to play. They were running their normal offense. Blame the coaches for leaving Clabo alone. If you don't trust your RT to run your offense, then he should be on the bench.
...or have a more restricted range of situations in which he's permitted to audible.

So you believe that if he hadn't changed the play, Philbin and company would've believed it was the wrong thing to do? Do you really think Sherman called the play believing the Bills wouldn't be defending the run as they were? Do you think he called a run on 2nd and 8, thinking he'd surprise the Bills who would be defending a pass?

I really don't think you understand how audibles work, or even how plays are called in to the QB. For me to have a serious conversation with you, you will need to understand how some of the most trivial things work, but you really only believe what you want. Your ignorance is extremely annoying.

I really don't think you understand how audibles work, or even how plays are called in to the QB. For me to have a serious conversation with you, you will need to understand how some of the most trivial things work, but you really only believe what you want. Your ignorance is extremely annoying.
Would you like for me to help you understand how to use the ignore list? I'm pretty sure I can do that to your satisfaction. :)

...or have a more restricted range of situations in which he's permitted to audible.

But he didn't have a restrictive range as evidence by Philbin's validation of the play in his presser. I've mentioned to you 3 times already that Philbin himself said it was the right play, but you continue to dismiss it and spin conspiracy theories that Tannehill wasn't supposed to call that play but did anyway.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Would you like for me to help you understand how to use the ignore list? I'm pretty sure I can do that to your satisfaction. :)

I dont ignore people that need help, sorry.

But he didn't have a restrictive range as evidence by Philbin's validation of the play in his presser. I've mentioned to you 3 times already that Philbin himself said it was the right play, but you continue to dismiss it and spin conspiracy theories that Tannehill wasn't supposed to call that play but did anyway.
I haven't said that at all. I've wondered whether it rests on Tannehill's judgment at the time whether or not to audible, and whether the coaches would have frowned on it at all if he hadn't audibled in that situation. Philbin may have "approved" of the decision publicly, but he may have also been fine with a non-audible.

I dont ignore people that need help, sorry.
Such the philanthropist. Well, rest assured that if your largesse stops paying sufficient dividends for you, I'll do just fine being ingored. :)

Speaking of which. I am still utterly in awe of how they've refused to utilize Yeatman as a TE on certain passing downs to provide extra pass pro. That kind of stubborn behavior is utter fail.

Hopefully Tannehill learns from this mistake and makes a different call if that same scenario arises.

The 8 men in the box is designed to stack the line and stop the run, not to rush the QB.

How many steps can you drop back with eight men in the box?

I will answer it for you.

Enough to get stripped and sacked!!!!!!

So, you are suggesting he called a running play with fewer blockers than he could have had (2 WRs were in the game) knowing that it would fail? Perhaps the explanation that has already been given is correct. They called a play with a run/pass option that is designed to take what the defense gives.

So, you are suggesting he called a running play with fewer blockers than he could have had (2 WRs were in the game) knowing that it would fail? Perhaps the explanation that has already been given is correct. They called a play with a run/pass option that is designed to take what the defense gives.
I'm going on only the information we have access to, which says Tannehill "checked into a pass play," and which I take to mean that he decided the offense was going to try to pass the ball after it got to the line of scrimmage.

it now appears that, while not fully to blame for yesterday's loss, tannehill is mostly to blame. sucks because i was really encouraged by what i saw to start the season.

it now appears that, while not fully to blame for yesterday's loss, tannehill is mostly to blame. sucks because i was really encouraged by what i saw to start the season.

This game shouldn't change that....he responded after an awful start to put up 3td Passes....response to adversity...he did well.

Back
Top Bottom