this would have been tannehill's breakout season | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

this would have been tannehill's breakout season

There's noise about Luck wanting out of Indy.

Miami should go get him. I'd give up a lot for him. Multiple picks. Easy.

That "noise" started out as a crazy question by Greenberg on Mike & Mike, he asked something along the lines would Luck ever want to distance himself from Indy and move on to a new team, was just a question they were discussing and afterwards reporters, agent responding, etc.. ran with it. As long as that pill head owns that team, Luck is pretty much there because even if he does agree to trade Luck, you are probably looking at demands of like 2 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, 1 3rd round pick, a player, and random demand of access to trading teams cheerleader's dressing room.

If every team without a top 10 QB should have a legit QB completion every year, how come we don't see 22 of them every season? BECAUSE THAT IS NOT HOW THE LEAGUE WORKS. IT NEVER HAS.

It the league jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge too?

It the league jumped off a bridge would you jump off a bridge too?

You are grasping at straws trying to defend an indefensible position. Good luck with that. Actually, there is a team that took the ridiculous approach that was suggested. Cleveland. Every team should emulate the Browns. LOL.

You pick your team building strategies the same way you pick your head coaches.

Yes, so Luck can come here and get rocked behind our solid offensive line...

Tannehill and Luck suffer from the same problems, Luck is just a more fragile version of Tannehill...
Luck is better than Tannehill and it's not close. Luck took a team with zero talent to the AFC title game, Tannehill will never sniff playing in a game like that. He's mediocre.

I think it comes down to do you think Tannehill is a top 10 QB on the Dolphins right now.

I think yes he is. So, you look towards 2018 and hope for the best w Cutler.

He's never been top 10 and likely never will be. Give me Lamar Jackson in the draft, him with Gase can be a match made in heaven
Lamar isnt ready for the nfl. I am a cardinals fan and live in Louisville so im not talking crap. He is a good college QB but we see far to often QBs that play his style fizzle out in the NFL. The players are far to strong and fast for him to have longevity in the nfl.

Tannehill is the best QB we have had since Dan Marino. I hope he comes back better then ever next year. I know he is a competitor and will work harder then most. Looking forward to seeing him next year. Fins up!!!

I think it comes down to do you think Tannehill is a top 10 QB on the Dolphins right now.

No way. He's not even top 15.

Thill17 is best choice for now. We can not say he is getting better every yr. that sound like rookie talk. the dolphins need up grade that position in 2 to 3 yr or else thill17 plays light out football...they need add real younger good qb to mix as well. I would like see Adams get his QB for future as well.

Last edited:
You gotta love these threads, they always seem to grow the most because trying to prove to someone else why you or the other person loves or hates Tannehill is a never ending vicious cycle. No ones going to change anyone's mind on him. It's like beating a dead horse who's already six feet under with a fire stick and gasoline.

It comes down, in my opinion, to whether you're likely to find a QB who gives you a significantly better chance of winning, and you aren't.

Tannehill could be the 16th-best QB in the league (precisely the middle of the road), and you'd still be unlikely to find someone who gives you a significantly better chance of winning.

Again, the problem in the league right now is that the rules favor the passing game so heavily that it's almost impossible to compete at a high level with a QB who isn't at least average. The poorer QBs give you almost no likelihood of competing at a high level.

The problem as well is that you're just as unlikely to amass the talent around an average QB necessary to compete at a high level, and so the Dolphins are stuck in that quandary like a lot of other teams.

Such is the current-day NFL. It won't change unless they change the rules again (unlikely), or until the increased demand for high-quality QBs in the NFL stimulates the development of higher-quality QBs at the lower levels of football, thus making them available to the NFL in greater quantities.

Kids need to start emulating Aaron Rodgers, much like they emulated Michael Jordan.

You gotta love these threads, they always seem to grow the most because trying to prove to someone else why you or the other person loves or hates Tannehill is a never ending vicious cycle. No ones going to change anyone's mind on him. It's like beating a dead horse who's already six feet under with a fire stick and gasoline.

Interesting how these threads all but vanished when the Dolphins were coming back from a 1- 4 start and making the playoffs. Very very few of the doubters had the guts to stand their ground. Instead, they wait until he is injured to reappear. Next season, they will disappear again.

Yes he does, but then again, that's contributed to a dynasty, which is relatively rare.

Surely you aren't arguing that if the Dolphins surround Ryan Tannehill with the requisite talent, they'll have a dynasty?

If he doesn't want to argue this, I will.

Back
Top Bottom