Time to move on from Matt Moore..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to move on from Matt Moore.....

Well we better start grooming one cause that is ridiculous that the Dolphins have been so short sighted on the most important position on the field. You sure Fales is not being groomed for the future?

Absolutely sure, he lacks the arm strength and locks on to receivers way too much. Actually he reminds me of Moore a lot as he will make a couple of big plays here and there that make you take notice but will also make the bonehead plays that cost you games.

Fales is not an NFL starting QB, not even close!

Who said he was?...He is a young QB who was an outstanding college prospect....who is showing well in Miami and would serve as back up and developmental potential future starter

I don't get the love affair with Matt Moore...who proved last year he won't win big games when they matter...and he has no value as a potential future starter?

Don't agree...this kid was highly regarded as a college prospect and offers the potential to actually win big games in the future.

Matt Moore is not going to win a big playoff game...he's not even going to beat good teams...too limited.
We hear it every year. Camp qb has a couple good passes, then the positive college reviews come afloat. Last year it was Doughty. It's the same merry go round on all NFL teams. If Cutler gets us to playoffs and is hurt, I would much rather have Moore in there than a qb that has never played a meaningful down going up against one of the top coached teams. I guess we will find out in the next 24 hours what the qb guru thinks of Fales. My guess is not much.

I think at least they should keep Fales on the 53 and see how the rest of the roster shapes up. As of right now we only have 5 WR's and 3 RB's who are making the roster so why not keep the kid? I like Moore to a point but we're not going to a super bowl with him. I think it's a good idea to have a young QB on the roster that has some talent. If not him then someone else but we need to groom someone at some point

Ozzy rules!!

I love fans that don't believe quarterbacks can develop.........

Tom Brady couldn't win the starting job at Michigan...there is no set law regarding QB development.

Who said he was?...He is a young QB who was an outstanding college prospect....who is showing well in Miami and would serve as back up and developmental potential future starter

I don't get the love affair with Matt Moore...who proved last year he won't win big games when they matter...and he has no value as a potential future starter?

He actually won big games on the road against the Jets and Bills. Yes we lost against the Pats and Steelers. We wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs with Fales at QB. You are correct, it will be hard to beat good teams with Moore as a starter and that is why Cutler was brought in. We won't beat the good teams or the mediocre teams with Fales IMHO. At least Moore can get you a few games if Cutler is dinged up but not out!

I mean how many back up QBs can go 3.5 and 1 with a 105 QBR, 8 TDs vs 3 ints in the middle of a playoff run with big games against division rivals on the road? He is a very good back up!

Other than one person am I missing something watching his "highlights" and seeing
a very weak throwing arm...NFL secondaries (not 3rd and 4th stringers) will feast on this guy

I love fans that don't believe quarterbacks can develop.........

Tom Brady couldn't win the starting job at Michigan...there is no set law regarding QB development.

I admire you digging your heels in on your view point but you shouldn't get your hopes up. You're right, there's no set law... but there is a point where you don't spend a ridiculous amount of time at every single haystack searching for that needle. The odds aren't in your favor when doing that.

Fales is not better than moore AT THIS POINT and right now is all we care about. You don't keep a development guy as the only back up when you just signed a one year band aid with a history of not being able to play a full season.
Fales will be gone. Sorry

Unless you can get a decent draft pick for him I say keep him. He has the ability to come through in a pinch but not a 16 game slog and he's done well in helping Tannehill mature

Nah dont agree on this one. The only thing we learned about qbs this season is that Doughty isnt even worth a place on the PS

Put another way, if Moore gets cut someone would swoop him up....Fales I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom