Time to move on from Matt Moore..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to move on from Matt Moore.....

If Gase is this QB guru that people say he is, stick with Fales.

But since he has never actually developed a QB and only made reasonable QB's serviceable thru schematics and strategy, I am more inclined to believe he is more of an offensive coordinator with playcalling skills. So we'll probably hang on to the one who is only good at hanging on to a clipboard - Moore.

I get that Fales had a good preseason game, but he has looked pretty bad for the rest of camp and preseason. I still trust Matt Moore to win an actual NFL game far more than I trust Fales.

Put another way, if Moore gets cut someone would swoop him up....Fales I don't think so.

sure, because the teams who are picking up QB's after the final cuts are usually desperate at the position be it due to production or injury. those teams rather get a veteran borderline starter over an unsure thing.

Tom Brady couldn't win the starting job at Michigan...there is no set law regarding QB development.

For every 1 Tom Brady there are thousands of QBs that reach their ceiling. If I was a betting man I'd be betting on the odds that Fales or Doughty won't be the next Tom Brady. Fales and Doughty are probably close to their respective ceiling now.

Look this thread is like deja vu. Right or wrong every year at final cut down finheaven wants to cut matt Moore and he never gets cut. Most years it's because of his salary this is it is not. It's fun to talk about, I guess, but it's a waste of time because just like every other year it won't happen.

He actually won big games on the road against the Jets and Bills. Yes we lost against the Pats and Steelers. We wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs with Fales at QB. You are correct, it will be hard to beat good teams with Moore as a starter and that is why Cutler was brought in. We won't beat the good teams or the mediocre teams with Fales IMHO. At least Moore can get you a few games if Cutler is dinged up but not out!
Wow, he beet the jets 5-11 and the bills 7-9. That's not that great of an accomplishment.
I'd flip a coin at this point between the two.

We gotta go w Fales - he hit a 99-yard TD. Not even Dan Marino did that when he was here.

I'll just chime in and say that Fales has impressed me in the limited time I've seen him play. I'd rather role with him and see what you've got instead of rolling with Moore again. Let's face it, neither one is going to win us a playoff game, so why not roll with the young, unproven QB in hopes of striking gold.

Ps. I hope this is all moot and that Tannehill is our starter for the next several years, but there's a lot of uncertainty in the air these days.

He actually won big games on the road against the Jets and Bills. Yes we lost against the Pats and Steelers. We wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs with Fales at QB. You are correct, it will be hard to beat good teams with Moore as a starter and that is why Cutler was brought in. We won't beat the good teams or the mediocre teams with Fales IMHO. At least Moore can get you a few games if Cutler is dinged up but not out!

Jets and the Bills?....you mean the two division pattycakes that should be easy wins?

Don't agree...this kid was highly regarded as a college prospect and offers the potential to actually win big games in the future.

Matt Moore is not going to win a big playoff game...he's not even going to beat good teams...too limited.
This is interesting - I have to believe the coaches think we are in "win now" mode which favors Moore (lover, hater or neutral he went 3-1 or 2-1 with a save last year to lead us to the playoffs) as he is a veteran w experience. However, I also agree that he's not going to bring you the necessary playoff wins required to compete for a championship either. The Pitt game was a great window into understanding what Moore is and isn't. Statistically he tore it up with like 14 or 15 consecutive completions, showed toughness (never seen a guy hit like that and come back into the game) but also carelessness w the ball in key situations (the fumbles). In a nutshell that is Matt Moore - he can play great and still make crucial mistakes all in the same game. But he gives your team a good chance of pushing through a short term injury to your stater etc. If the coaches were in rebuilding mode I'd like to see what Fales offers. It would be great to have a young QB around that is being groomed. I just don't think Gase and Co are thinking about anything other than trying to win a SB THIS year.

Back
Top Bottom