Time to move on from Matt Moore..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to move on from Matt Moore.....

How Moore equals win now escapes me....we will win nothing that matters with Matt Moore....hence last season.

The greatest coach ever (Belichek) has QB's with potential growth behind his starter....the Dolphins persist with the outdated idea of the vet QB that might prevail against weak opponents.

I say give me a backup that might one day challenge to start.....!

This is interesting - I have to believe the coaches think we are in "win now" mode which favors Moore (lover, hater or neutral he went 3-1 or 2-1 with a save last year to lead us to the playoffs) as he is a veteran w experience. However, I also agree that he's not going to bring you the necessary playoff wins required to compete for a championship either. The Pitt game was a great window into understanding what Moore is and isn't. Statistically he tore it up with like 14 or 15 consecutive completions, showed toughness (never seen a guy hit like that and come back into the game) but also carelessness w the ball in key situations (the fumbles). In a nutshell that is Matt Moore - he can play great and still make crucial mistakes all in the same game. But he gives your team a good chance of pushing through a short term injury to your stater etc. If the coaches were in rebuilding mode I'd like to see what Fales offers. It would be great to have a young QB around that is being groomed. I just don't think Gase and Co are thinking about anything other than trying to win a SB THIS year.
. Lol......
Win a Superbowl with Matt Moore?.....Really?

Man, you can tell it was preseason game 4 for the 3rd string qb to throw some half way decent balls to a guy that's gonna play in real games to say he can start eventually.

I never understood the overreaction of 3rd string preseason games.

Fales is terrible, he's more than likely always gonna be terrible, that doesn't mean Matt Moore is good cause he's not, but don't advocate for Fales as a replacement for a guy that's proven to be a decent NFL player.

Jets and the Bills?....you mean the two division pattycakes that should be easy wins?

Okay dude, we can agree to disagree but this just goes to show how silly your argument is becoming. I don't care what year, what the records are, or who the QB is....games against the Jets and Bills,especially on the road have never been easy. Keep up the pipe dream though!

Jay Cutler is an out of field wild card move, do we really want to roll the dice with a backup QB who threw for 50% against 2/3's?

Moore will remain because he's reliable in a season full of the unexpected.

How Moore equals win now escapes me....we will win nothing that matters with Matt Moore....hence last season.

The greatest coach ever (Belichek) has QB's with potential growth behind his starter....the Dolphins persist with the outdated idea of the vet QB that might prevail against weak opponents.

. Lol......
Win SB = how Gase and company are thinking. A veteran gives you a better chance to not mess up the season if your starter goes down - like last season. Note - I said Moore isn't going to win you a playoff game. But, he's also the safer option to maintain your good season if something short term happens to your starter.

. Lol......
I don't think you read what I wrote.

If you know Moore won't get you a playoff win, why hang on to him? For a few wins against bottom feeders? Keep rolling the dice until you get a winner. And Belichik isn't doing anything mystical, most of the QBs he's dealt lately have been disappointments elsewhere. But he keeps on looking and churning which will turn up another good one eventually. Maybe Fales is a "gamer" who just doesn't look good in practice games. He certainly looked better than Moore this year.

So sick of Matt Moore on this team
Hell... roll the dice with Fales but in all honesty I would grab McGloin and lose Moore

There's always the possibility of keeping three quarterbacks on the active roster, but that is pretty rare.

I haven't seen the preseason game against Minnesota, but before that I'd say none of the backup quarterbacks have looked very good. Fales' stats from the Vikings game were really good and, by all indications, he has outplayed Dougherty. Is he worth a roster spot? I'm just not sure.

I think the team will have a quarterback on the practice squad, maybe Dougherty or a castoff from another team.

David "Al Dente" Fales has a Chad Pennington arm. Noodle strength but with incredible touch.

Matt Moore is a dead end though.

What I'm suggesting is we follow the Belichek philosophy of having a young developmental QB as a #2 with potential versus an aged Veteran with limited ability and no real chance of advancing this team to the party.

Seems like a waste of time to me...Jimmy put it best..."do you want to be good or do you want to be great?"

What I'm suggesting is we follow the Belichek philosophy of having a young developmental QB as a #2 with potential versus an aged Veteran with limited ability and no real chance of advancing this team to the party.

Seems like a waste of time to me...Jimmy put it best..."do you want to be good or do you want to be great?"

Agree, yet keeping and attempting to develop young talent at QB behind your starter isn't just a "Belichick" philosophy, it's just common sense coaching.

Matt McGloib sucks horribly. Did you watch him in the playoffs last year?

If you know Moore won't get you a playoff win, why hang on to him? For a few wins against bottom feeders? Keep rolling the dice until you get a winner. And Belichik isn't doing anything mystical, most of the QBs he's dealt lately have been disappointments elsewhere. But he keeps on looking and churning which will turn up another good one eventually. Maybe Fales is a "gamer" who just doesn't look good in practice games. He certainly looked better than Moore this year.
I said, he can keep your season alive / not **** it up should your starter go down for a 2-3 games. If you are a HC, you like having that luxury. You are saying if making the playoffs hinges on either one of these guys coming off of the bench for 2-3 games against teams you should beat (e.g., last years scenario), you'd be more comfortable throwing Fales in? Cmon. The only part of the program that didn't happen is Tannehill wasn't able to come back for the PO game. But the senario is why you have a vet.

Back
Top Bottom