Time to move on from Matt Moore..... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to move on from Matt Moore.....

It'd be nice for them to find someone to develop. Matt Moore is what he is at this point and he's off the books after this season. If something happens to Cutler any idea of making noise in the playoffs will be gone anyways. It was awesome getting there last season, but watching us lay a turd in pittsburgh wasn't really doing us any favors.

I said, he can keep your season alive / not **** it up should your starter go down for a 2-3 games. If you are a HC, you like having that luxury. You are saying if making the playoffs hinges on either one of these guys coming off of the bench for 2-3 games against teams you should beat (e.g., last years scenario), you'd be more comfortable throwing Fales in? Cmon. The only part of the program that didn't happen is Tannehill wasn't able to come back for the PO game. But the senario is why you have a vet.
My post was less of an endorsement for Fales than an indictment of Moore. I'm saying we can do better than a guy that is only good for 2 games against inferior teams. You should get that from any back-up. Gase didn't trust Moore late against Buffalo and I don't either.

Okay dude, we can agree to disagree but this just goes to show how silly your argument is becoming. I don't care what year, what the records are, or who the QB is....games against the Jets and Bills,especially on the road have never been easy. Keep up the pipe dream though!

I agree! I know it's never as clear cut as "the QB won and lost the games" but Ryan had been in that same position and we lost the pattycakes of the AFC east with the playoffs on the line.

On here it's Moore best cupcakes to get us to the playoffs.

It wasn't Tannehills fault we lost to the Jets and Bills and missed the playoffs.
J
Can't have it both ways. It's hard to win in the NFL regardless if opponent.

If we keep Fales why would we cut Doughty? False can't go on the practice squad. Under the assumption we go with Cutler. Moore and Fales (3 QBs on the 53-man roster) we still need a PS QB.
I guess we will go with 3 QBs. Doughty released and hoping to clear waivers to be put back on the PS.

I agree! I know it's never as clear cut as "the QB won and lost the games" but Ryan had been in that same position and we lost the pattycakes of the AFC east with the playoffs on the line.

On here it's Moore best cupcakes to get us to the playoffs.

It wasn't Tannehills fault we lost to the Jets and Bills and missed the playoffs.
J
Can't have it both ways. It's hard to win in the NFL regardless if opponent.
That's why I made that comment that by trashing Moore for the wins against the Jets and Bills the guy made a case against Tannehill. :laugh

Problem is Miami hasn't drafted a qb worth a **** since Tannehill. Need to draft one to have one worth a roster spot.

Not a undrafted weaker arm Fales

Moore is a team player and said to be a great guy in locker room/meetings but that also works against him imho. When Tannehill came in and took that starting job from the word GO(no flashbacks on our offense yelling Go.. Go GO!), Matt just seemed okay with it which bothered the hell out of me. The biggest problem was shown this offseason, we pay him that much to come in and pinch hit if something drastic happens but we don't have faith in him on regular basis & had to go out and throw 10 million at Cutler just to lure him to come be a starting QB. If the team is looking for a guy to stand on sidelines and clap, be in team meetings making everybody feel the friendly vibe, I will do it for the vet min.!

Football is a team sport and helps build relationships, I am aware of that but I don't want a guy because he is great at making friends, I want a guy that can go out and win us games on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Moore is a team player and said to be a great guy in locker room/meetings but that also works against him imho. When Tannehill came in and took that starting job from the word GO(no flashbacks on our offense yelling Go.. Go GO!), Matt just seemed okay with it which bothered the hell out of me. The biggest problem was shown this offseason, we pay him that much to come in and pinch hit if something drastic happens but we don't have faith in him on regular basis & had to go out and throw 10 million at Cutler just to lure him to come be a starting QB. If the team is looking for a guy to stand on sidelines and clap, be in team meetings making everybody feel the friendly vibe, I will do it for the vet min.!

Football is a team sport and helps build relationships, I am aware of that but I don't want a guy because he is great at making friends, I want a go that can go out and win us games on a regular basis.
Moore has a good gig with us and we have a good gig with him.
I am not sure what all the fuzz is about. The most stupid reason I always read is that with Moore you can't win a Superbowl - and that is coming from fans of a team who last won the Superbowl in 1973. Between then and now we had over a dozen starting QBs (incl the Great One and incl our current starter) who failed to get us to the promised land.

The second most stupid reason against Moore is that with him we can't win a playoff game - and that is coming from fans of a team whose last playoff victory is some 17 years ago. Between then and now we had plenty of QB who failed to get us to the playoffs in the first place much less win a playoff game when we actually made it.

And the third most stupid reason is that Moore is not a starter. Gee whiz. How many starters are backups? If they are starters they start or go to a place where they can start or have a chance to start.

That Moore is not starting somewhere else is a big thank you to our current coaches and FO and the past coaches and FO who saw Moore's value as a solid backup and spend the money. He is the best QB there is as a backup and will give you a winning record in relief. Losing against NE is not new to us and many QBs before him have done that and losing in the playoffs in Pittsburgh is no shame either - many great teams lost there.

In retrospect: a coaching staff who feels we are competitive goes out and gets a comparable starting QB when your starting QB is out for the season and keeps a value back QB on its roster who can come in on a dime.

A coaching staff who feels we have no chance whatsoever will do what some fans here want to do - start with inexperienced QBs and tank the season.

TO: Matt Moore

i_love_my_babysitter_clipboard.jpg

Moore's the kind of backup who can be serviceable for part of a game if the starter has to go out for a few drives. He may be OK starting 1 or 2 games, but that's about it. So is the life of a career backup, though. If he was at all reliable as a starter, he would have been a starter at some extended point in his career.

Moore has a good gig with us and we have a good gig with him.
I am not sure what all the fuzz is about. The most stupid reason I always read is that with Moore you can't win a Superbowl - and that is coming from fans of a team who last won the Superbowl in 1973. Between then and now we had over a dozen starting QBs (incl the Great One and incl our current starter) who failed to get us to the promised land.

The second most stupid reason against Moore is that with him we can't win a playoff game - and that is coming from fans of a team whose last playoff victory is some 17 years ago. Between then and now we had plenty of QB who failed to get us to the playoffs in the first place much less win a playoff game when we actually made it.

And the third most stupid reason is that Moore is not a starter. Gee whiz. How many starters are backups? If they are starters they start or go to a place where they can start or have a chance to start.

That Moore is not starting somewhere else is a big thank you to our current coaches and FO and the past coaches and FO who saw Moore's value as a solid backup and spend the money. He is the best QB there is as a backup and will give you a winning record in relief. Losing against NE is not new to us and many QBs before him have done that and losing in the playoffs in Pittsburgh is no shame either - many great teams lost there.

In retrospect: a coaching staff who feels we are competitive goes out and gets a comparable starting QB when your starting QB is out for the season and keeps a value back QB on its roster who can come in on a dime.

A coaching staff who feels we have no chance whatsoever will do what some fans here want to do - start with inexperienced QBs and tank the season.

I am not holding it against Moore, if I was being paid nicely to be doing what he is doing, I would soak it up and ride that horse until it fell over. If you go looking at teams over last decade that win on regular basis(no, making wildcard and getting knocked out doesn't count), they have a starter and their backup is pretty much developed then either let go or shipped out. I give Moore credit, he came in for those two games and got us wins based on FH assuming the game is won and lost by the QB alone =/ when I thought for sure we were done the moment Ryan went down, however at the same time, it baffles me how people buy into coach speak like "Matt is a great player and we can rely on him if it comes to that" yet when reality sets in and we go out and drop 10million in Cutler's lap, people are still happy with Matt on the team.

Not once have I or vast majority of FH wanted them to tank season(handful here and there, but that is always part of goofy fanbases). I've had drinks tonight so will probably come back later on and realize I made no point whatsoever with awful typing.. So with that, I will just say this.. my problem is exactly what I said.. Gase is this QB Whisperer(not saying he isn't) so now more then ever the franchise needs to move on from Moore after this season and develop a QB to come in when needed instead of throwing patchwork millions at a guy to salvage the season.

Gase is this QB Whisperer (not saying he isn't) so now more then ever the franchise needs to move on from Moore after this season and develop a QB to come in when needed instead of throwing patchwork millions at a guy to salvage the season.

This question is for anyone: Name one young QB that Gase has developed.

This question is for anyone: Name one young QB that Gase has developed.

Me personally, just calling him what the masses do. Thinking back on it, I think only young QB he really dealt with that came into a game was Tebow. However, I feel that was more disguising his flaws and mastering a game plan to mask it. I feel he is a great offensive mind, the QB stuff I think just gets tossed in there by media/fans.

Me personally, just calling him what the masses do. Thinking back on it, I think only young QB he really dealt with that came into a game was Tebow. However, I feel that was more disguising his flaws and mastering a game plan to mask it. I feel he is a great offensive mind, the QB stuff I think just gets tossed in there by media/fans.

My sentiments exactly and agree completely here.

And Tebow certainly does not count. If you suck so bad that you're now playing minor league baseball then you never developed into a QB.

I don't want to derail thread but I was just looking back at all jobs Gase has had and the QBs on the rosters, not seeing a whole lot young talent wise that was developed(again not knocking him and saying his label isn't true, just not sure why it gets lumped in with being great offensive mind). I did learn something I didn't know though, he was an offensive assistant under Mike Martz.

Back
Top Bottom