Tony is New Jets OC (espn.com) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tony is New Jets OC (espn.com)

I don't hate Tony, it sounds like we will have a Sparano/Todd Haley duo running the offense but I hate getting rid of Schottenheimer. It wasn't his fault this year, the OL was awful, the QB took a step back, the WRs weren't good. I hate getting rid of him.

Lol kind of funny how the guy who I once had to hear from a lot of people on this board is the next up and coming coach and better then Rex is now working under him lol. But I digress.

This isnt a bad move. I never had a huge problem with Schotty but I do think Sparano's style of offense from all accounts might be a better fit for what Rex wants his offense to be. I would have rather had Hue Jackson though. It'll be interesting to see if they bring Haley in to.

the way its sounding, schotty got rid of the jets

Do you really think he walked away from $3 mil over the next 2 years?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Hey Jets have fun watching a stone age offense.

He's not a HC, he did call plays fro a pretty good O in Dallas in 2006. Apparently he's going to coordinate the run game while Todd Haley the pass game and Sparano will call plays- I hope he's not FG Tony here though.

I don't hate Tony, it sounds like we will have a Sparano/Todd Haley duo running the offense but I hate getting rid of Schottenheimer. It wasn't his fault this year, the OL was awful, the QB took a step back, the WRs weren't good. I hate getting rid of him.

Tony will fix this for you..He is an O line guru. He just needs to spend around 3 years worth of 1st rounders..

Do you really think he walked away from $3 mil over the next 2 years?

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

He's not a HC, he did call plays fro a pretty good O in Dallas in 2006. Apparently he's going to coordinate the run game while Todd Haley the pass game and Sparano will call plays- I hope he's not FG Tony here though.

Get ready for Fist PUMPS!!..

There is alot of Egos up there with Haley, Rex and Tony and your special teams coord. as well..To me this is formula for a bomb. If there is a bad start **** is gonna hit the fan.

Good, now he can screw up their offense, like he did our whole team. There will be fist-pumping aplenty in NY next year.

Hahahahahaha Jets fans defending this move.

Most successful QB developed by Brian Schottenheimer: Drew Brees (had his breakout season under Schotty)
Most successful QB developed by Tony Sparano: Chad Henne (once played a monster game of breakout in an arcade as a kid)

Brian Schotty did have his own agenda..It seemded that way from outside looking in..He wanted to pass too much..Rex wanted to run to help protect his D..Rex wanted a yes man...I guess Tony is that guy..but Todd Haley does not seem like a yes man to me..I guess thats why Tony will be the play caller...Rex will tell him to run the ball so they will run the ball..I could see the Jets taking a running back really early in the draft...When Miami had Saban and Dom Capers we had a whole lot of blitzing, I am guessing that when Rex and Tony join forces they are gonna have a whole lot of running.

This is so good. That Jets' defense is declining fast. It was not good this year, not good at all. With Tony as the OC they're going to be a 6 win team at best if they don't shore up that defense real aggressively in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom