Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade for Vontae Davis Looking Like a Bust More and More for the Colts

And you werent posting anywhere near when the trade happened, but I guess yuo are going to tell me too that you were here saying it was a good trade from very first day too?

I turned off FH for awhile. It helps sometimes. And when I started posting again, I was on board with it. When it happened, I was on board with it. You don't show up to your job, with a new coach fat and slow. PERIOD. When you do, you show no respect to the person coming in to do their job. I have made this point, several times in several threads. Just because I wasn't here posting for you, doesn't mean it wasn't felt/said.

This offseason, the chicken littles were running rampant here. Its why you take a break from this place. When I did post, I said it several times. And I stand by it. I don't follow the echo chamber here, never have never will.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Well I specifically said "when the trade happened", as in people's initial reaction. Why cant people differentiate between an initial reaction and hindisight a month later? Of course we all agree it was a good trade now, or even a few weeks after, but I was contrasting everyones initial reaction to a month later. I read this forum several times a day. Ive gone back and read the initial reaction threads, and I know what was in there. Go look it up if you dont believe me.

My initial reaction, was as it is today. I don't struggle with reading comprehension.

Just because I wasn't here posting for you, doesn't mean it wasn't felt/said.

Well if you didnt originally post about the Vontae trade then I wasnt talking about you. I am sure there are man many many people who were ok with the trade when it happened, but I was specifically talking about the posters in this community and their initial reactions. If you didnt post then, I wasnt talking about you. Simple as that.

This offseason, the chicken littles were running rampant here. Its why you take a break from this place. When I did post, I said it several times. And I stand by it. I don't follow the echo chamber here, never have never will.

Cant argue with this statement. I'm usually the one going against the grain here. Probably time for me to vacation from this site too.

Vontae who. Sean Smith clearly outperforms him on the reg

Good move Ireland.

You see value in trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd several years later? I don't. I will give him credit for cutting his losses though.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

I see value in realizing that a play didn't develop and being able to extract a 2nd round pick out of him. That's what matters. Yes, in a perfect world, we don't miss with that 1st rounder but considering the past... I'd take it. We didn't get a pick for goddamn Jason Allen

Well I specifically said "when the trade happened", as in people's initial reaction. Why cant people differentiate between an initial reaction and hindisight a month later? Of course we all agree it was a good trade now, or even a few weeks after, but I was contrasting everyones initial reaction to a month later. I read this forum several times a day. Ive gone back and read the initial reaction threads, and I know what was in there. Go look it up if you dont believe me.

I found my very first post when I reacted. I was political haha. I said "if Coyle said okay then Davis must be done. Wow. Great value, too"

Looks like everyone on this board including myself was wrong, and Ireland was right. Getting a 2nd round pick and conditional 6th rounder was a steal for Vontae Davis.
, I

Ummmm, I thought that it was a good trade from day one...

, I

Ummmm, I thought that it was a good trade from day one...

Thats nice, except you completely forgot to mention that when the trade happened. Like I said in a few posts in this thread already, Im talking about the reactions people posted when the trade happened. You did not post your reaction to the trade when it happened, thereofore I'm not taling about you....at all. It feels like groundhog day trying to explains this simple point....

Are you checking the post history of everyone who said "Not me!" ??

You see value in trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd several years later? I don't. I will give him credit for cutting his losses though.

Vontae is a FA in 2014. The 2nd rounder Miami drafts won't be a FA until 2017. That's value for a guy who isn't a starter in the team's backfield. I'm not saying Miami should make trades like this all time, but if you aren't going to resign a guy you might as well get the most you can out of him.

Id love it if someone found this clip...............

I noticed no one even talked about it on here. But, after Vontae got beat in the first week by Alshon Jeffery for that TD(that was mentioned) he had ran all the way back to the wall. As he turned around and tried to start walking back, he trips and falls flat on his face. Hillarious. I think he may have tripped on the netting for the FGs or something, Im not sure because I only saw it a couple of times. Would like to see it again.

It pretty much sums up Vontae.

what about the time he broke up a pass, proceeded to do his celebration, strained something, then had to sit out the next play

or better than Donald Thomas or Henne or or or EVERY pick so far outside of Sean Smith.

If you dont _____ Get off the pot!!!

VD all the talent very unmotivated - disaster for a rookie HC

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

thats nice, except you completely forgot to mention that when the trade happened. Like i said in a few posts in this thread already, im talking about the reactions people posted when the trade happened. You did not post your reaction to the trade when it happened, thereofore i'm not taling about you....at all. It feels like groundhog day trying to explains this simple point....

i did!

You can go back to the Vontae Davis threads.....there were very few people who stood up for the trade. Sorry, it doesnt look like you were one of them.

I thought it was a good trade, but I am a nobody so I don't blame you for forgetting.

My main issue was (and still is) the same one I had with the Marshall trade. Another hole was made without trying to fill it. Richard Marshall is absolutely a liability at CB and there's no coincidence, in my mind at least, that our pass defense completely turned around when Nolan Carroll (who definitely surprised me Sunday but has always had near elite physical tools) took his place. The value we got for Vontae was great.

Also, Clay Matthews would still be on the team. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom