Tyreek Trade in Retrospect | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Trade in Retrospect

But look at the assets acquired with those picks for Reek, they made their team better. fast forward to the last sentence...

The Chiefs are 7-0 in the playoffs since trading Tyreek Hill

renderTimingPixel.png

The trade sent Hill to the Dolphins in exchange for:
2022 first-round pick, second-round pick, and fourth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick and sixth-round pick
These picks ultimately resulted in the Chiefs getting: Trent McDuffie, Rashee Rice (via trading one of the Dolphins' picks), Skyy Moore, Darian Kinnard, and Keondre Coburn. Source.
Rice and McDuffie are arguably both Pro Bowl-caliber players, and although Skyy Moore has been disappointing this season, he's still young and has the potential to be a passable depth piece. Losing Tyreek also forced Mahomes to learn to take what the defense gives him, and not go for the deep ball every play, which has helped him develop into the QB he is today.
Chiefs fans won't let anyone forget this, it's all woe is me, everyone said Mahomes would take a step back without Hill and now they're like we have 2 rings since trading Hill and Miami has 0 playoff wins.

No offense but you're easily pleased. Were points in the season fun? Sure but there have been fun points across lots of past seasons we didn't really compete.
No there hasn't, the Dolphins offense had been absolutely pathetic before McDaniel got there, we're talking years and years of mediocrity and worse.

it's easy to say right now that you weren't enjoying the season, but I'm sure you are just blocking it out, and being jaded has taken over your perception. I get it, being a Dolphins fan has been rough, but things have been pretty exciting these past two regular seasons, even the Skylar playoff game was a great game, go watch some season highlights if you can't remember

Interesting article…

“The Chiefs maneuvered around the NFL Draft using the draft capital they received in the Hill trade. Following subsequent trades involving those picks, the Chiefs ultimately selected Washington CB Trent McDuffie, Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore, Kentucky IOL Darian Kinnard, SMU WR Rashee Rice, and Texas DT Keondre Coburn and still have a remaining 2024 fifth-rounder they acquired.”

Tyreek is individually phenomenal but the Dolphins took a shortcut to building a perpetual winner through the draft with the Tyreek trade. He only counted $6M and $12M against the cap the past 2 seasons which balloons into $30Ms next two years and then $50+M.

Chiefs didn’t want to pay a WR that much, which Grier did, plus sent a trove of picks that included an All Pro CB and some solid players.

Would you do it over again?
McDuffie was a homerun pick, guy will be a top 10 corner if he's not already.

Rice is decent I guess. When your playing w Mahones you couldn't have an easier job as a WR in the NFL. Now that I think about it, Rice isn't anything that special, solid #2 wr most likley.

All the other guys are Meh, with the exception of Sky Moore who is a bust the size of Dolly Parton.

Naw, I'm just bitter as s*** that we folded like some f****** b****** yet again. I take the s*** too seriously and I know it. Sports are my life and the lolphins make me cry, the team needs to get a lot physically and mentally tougher (practicing TD celebrations is a joke) and that starts with Tua and McDoofus. Hard knocks was so damn cringeworthy and exposed how weak we are mentally, couldn't even finish it and I love my lolphins.
Dude, you need to reallocate some of this passion to another aspect of your life. The Dolphins are a Pandoras Box of pain, don't get lost in it.

The Chiefs don't have a receiver on their roster who is better than Hill but they still managed to win the Super Bowl twice. If Miami can move Hill they should, I believe Tua is way too dependent on him, and even though the tandem is exciting to watch by racking up yards and touchdowns Tua isn't utilizing enough of his personnel on the team and it will continue to hurt us in the long run.
They may not have a Hill but they do have an actual generational, one of a kind QB who is likely going to be the greatest of all time by the time he retires. They also have a top 5 ever TE, the best interior offensive line in the league and one of the greatest ever offensive minds designing and calling plays for those guys.

Miami can't move Hill this year unless they are blowing everything up. It costs Miami salary cap space to trade Hill this season, it's not going to happen.

He choked against Tennessee because Liam Eichenberg let Harold Landry sack him on 4th down? He literally let Landry take a free run at Tua. Blocked him for a second, then just said “ah, screw it, let me find someone else to block” and disengaged.
3 man rush and Tua is moved off his spot at 1.9 seconds after the snap but it's his fault.

I wish people would wake up to how bad that interior OL was and how Miam managed to keep up offensive production with it is a great job by the coach and the QB. The interior OL was on the same level as the Jets, look at their offence compared to Miami's. Look at how the Miami DL dominated them yet Miami neutralised the Jets DL which might be even better than Miami's.

Miami going to have the problem that KC avoided...without the rings.
And another problem is installing an offense that doesn't lock onto Reek so often. In reality, it stifles the team as proven by being exposed against good teams.

Then we have a good shot to be a dynasty if we just figure out why we are having more Injuries then all other teams year in, year out.
i wouldn’t say we have a good shot to be a dynasty as we haven’t won a playoff game since payphones were still in use

I think the injuries imo come from a lot of our core guys being undersized Tua, Achane, Hill, Waddle, Smythe etc jmo

No there hasn't, the Dolphins offense had been absolutely pathetic before McDaniel got there, we're talking years and years of mediocrity and worse.

it's easy to say right now that you weren't enjoying the season, but I'm sure you are just blocking it out, and being jaded has taken over your perception. I get it, being a Dolphins fan has been rough, but things have been pretty exciting these past two regular seasons, even the Skylar playoff game was a great game, go watch some season highlights if you can't remember
You didn't enjoy the wildcat and pounding NE? Miami miracle? Ricky running through the snow to beat Buffalo in Buffalo late in the year to make the playoffs? Even Flo had us on a 7 game win streak heading into Tennessee and a potential playoff spot a couple years back which was somewhat entertaining w/ the ameba defense. So this year? Chargers game was nice, Denver game was great. 3-0, whoop! Here we come. Then we got creamed by Buffalo and could only manage wins over the likes of Panthers/Giants/Jets while dropping every MD self proclaimed game of the week starting with the Bills, then to Philly, KC in Germany, Ravens, Bills again, KC again. I never got too high off the cream puff victories which actually got me in a little trouble around here at I wasn't enthusiastic enough when we were temporarily in first place in the division.

In any event, not trying to argue with you but to me we are still in mediocre-ville until proven otherwise. We're just currently one of the better mediocre teams rather than one of the worst ones like we used to be.

We made the playoffs two years in a row which is great particularly for us however neither year did I think we had a real chance in the playoff game which is how it went.

Now there is hope we can actually accomplish something meaningful over the next couple seasons but it's no given and it will require excellent drafting and manipulation of the cap given our meager resources. Hoping for the best.

You didn't enjoy the wildcat and pounding NE? Miami miracle? Ricky running through the snow to beat Buffalo in Buffalo late in the year to make the playoffs? Even Flo had us on a 7 game win streak heading into Tennessee and a potential playoff spot a couple years back which was somewhat entertaining w/ the ameba defense. So this year? Chargers game was nice, Denver game was great. 3-0, whoop! Here we come. Then we got creamed by Buffalo and could only manage wins over the likes of Panthers/Giants/Jets while dropping every MD self proclaimed game of the week starting with the Bills, then to Philly, KC in Germany, Ravens, Bills again, KC again. I never got too high off the cream puff victories which actually got me in a little trouble around here at I wasn't enthusiastic enough when we were temporarily in first place in the division.

In any event, not trying to argue with you but to me we are still in mediocre-ville until proven otherwise. We're just currently one of the better mediocre teams rather than one of the worst ones like we used to be.

We made the playoffs two years in a row which is great particularly for us however neither year did I think we had a real chance in the playoff game which is how it went.

Now there is hope we can actually accomplish something meaningful over the next couple seasons but it's no given and it will require excellent drafting and manipulation of the cap given our meager resources. Hoping for the best.

The wildcat was awesome, but that was 15 years ago and mostly refined to one game against New England. I broke two fingers that day playing football and didn't go to the hospital until Monday, best decision I ever made :) Flo's winning streak didn't nothing for me as I wanted a better draft pick

Minus the games in Buffalo and Baltimore, I liked that we were at least competitive against the better teams this year, some of those could have went either way.

Let's see what the draft / free agency brings.

We all know how he played since the Tenn game. Yes Tyreek dropped too many, but Tua did not play well.
But those drops would be the difference between played well and didn't play well and was clutch and wasn't clutch. You can't have it both ways. He dropped multiple would-be touchdown throws, and those may have made a big difference in the outcomes of those games. There's no doubt that when drops happen and the team begins to fall behind that Tua presses and makes bigger mistakes. Tua can definitely do a lot better, but we need to acknowledge that it's a team-wide thing that needs to improve. There's only one Mahommes in the league and it's not who Tua is. Tua will have to work on his mistakes, but the team overall needs to get better too.

Back
Top Bottom