USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA Today - Tannehill a tier 4 QB (below average) NO WAY

National reporters haven't really watched Tannehill play a complete game outside of a few times on prime time, and in most prime time games, his fault or not, he hasn't looked good. I can't really fault them for latching on to the narrative that Tannehill isn't a franchise guy. But if you actually watch every game he plays, he's much better than the common perception of him. His strides last year were significant. If the Dolphins are playoff contenders all year and he performs well in primetime games, that perception will begin to change.

National reporters haven't really watched Tannehill play a complete game outside of a few times on prime time, and in most prime time games, his fault or not, he hasn't looked good. I can't really fault them for latching on to the narrative that Tannehill isn't a franchise guy. But if you actually watch every game he plays, he's much better than the common perception of him. His strides last year were significant. If the Dolphins are playoff contenders all year and he performs well in primetime games, that perception will begin to change.

I completely agree with this. I mean look at some of the prime time games we've had since Ryan has come into the league. 2013 3-0 vs NO and get beat up. Give the Bucs their 1st win of their season a couple years back. The TNF game vs Cincy this past year. Unless it's vs the Jets, we choke. It's like the whole team is an Andy Dalton. Hopefully this year, with the amount of prime time games (plus London) that we have, we can change this.

Tannehill honestly gets very minimal respect outside of Finheaven lol.
Amongst fans, yes. Amongst coaches and front office across the league, I think he has respect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

who is the guy at ESPN who loves Tannehill? Dilfer I think also a guy at NFL network, Warner I think. Point is Tannehill gets respect of you don't choose to ignore the sources...

Tannehill honestly gets very minimal respect outside of Finheaven lol.

Perhaps it is because everyone on Finheaven are fans, and fans will defend their players even when they are not that good. Tannehill will get more respect when he wins playoff games, takes over games, and does things like the truly good quarterbacks do. When a quarterback has an occasional good game, and is not consistent, people that are not fans are not going to be very supportive.

Perhaps it is because everyone on Finheaven are fans, and fans will defend their players even when they are not that good. Tannehill will get more respect when he wins playoff games, takes over games, and does things like the truly good quarterbacks do. When a quarterback has an occasional good game, and is not consistent, people that are not fans are not going to be very supportive.

I'm a Dolphins fan first and my track/post record here speaks for itself that I do not become enamored with a certain player just because he dons our colors. I also have a very good grasp and understanding of the game of football along with the knowledge on how to properly analyze players as a part of the team and as an individual.

Long story short, Tannehill is a very damn good QB and that is in no way shape or form coming from a fan entrenched in bias. A 4th tier ranking for Tannehill is a joke and can only come from someone who doesn't knows jack **** about the game, NFL teams or it's players, and simply has access to publication.

Yet "fans" were knobslobbering over Melty Ice all these years.. and it took him 9 to grow some cajones.. and still slobber of Luck who if in the AFCE would be labeled an abysmal failure. Go figure :idk:

Why don't you list all those 2nd and 3rd tier QBs who have won playoff games, taken over games and do "things" that the truly good QBs do. Why don't you specify what those "things" are.
The overwhelming majority of Finheaven fans that you dismiss have never defended RT as a top 5 elite QB, but take exception to a poorly researched article claiming he's in the bottom quartile of starting QBs.

The thing people need to realize is that Tannehill''s growth was stunted by the Joe Philbin asshole coaching staff. Let the critics say what they want Tannehill will be a top QB for years to come. Mark it down!!!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Dolphins fan first and my track/post record here speaks for itself that I do not become enamored with a certain player just because he dons our colors. I also have a very good grasp and understanding of the game of football along with the knowledge on how to properly analyze players as a part of the team and as an individual.

Long story short, Tannehill is a very damn good QB and that is in no way shape or form coming from a fan entrenched in bias. A 4th tier ranking for Tannehill is a joke and can only come from someone who doesn't knows jack **** about the game, NFL teams or it's players, and simply has access to publication.

Ha, this is the article I mentioned I was gonna troll with. Took long enough for someone else to post this garbage. I figured this and some of the draft grades would be all some needed to creep out if the shadows for a bit.

Article lost all credibility when I saw where they had Bradford. Tannehill was ballin' during the winning streak, but doesn't get any credit. He needs to play that way for all of '17. Open some peoples eyes

Back
Top Bottom