Virginia will win the ACC this year. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Virginia will win the ACC this year.

you also have to consider that on the Miami defense Wyatt would not do *hit plus Berlin has gottin better since that game too

nick19991 said:
you also have to consider that on the Miami defense Wyatt would not do *hit plus Berlin has gottin better since that game too

Funny...I heard the same about Berlin last year--look what he did in the OB. Berlin just isn't a good QB. The fact of the matter is that both teams have tremendous Defenses, and it comes down to which QB doesn't suck more.

On a side note, Miami had better hope they don't have to play FSU again with Wyatt at QB. If he'd been the QB in the first game Miami would have the L instead of the FSU.

:shakeno:
Good call. Sexton would've shredded Miami's defense in his first college start. Happens all the time. The OB at night is a bit of a different animal than the Carrier Dome vs. Syracuse.

Funny...I heard the same about Berlin last year--look what he did in the OB. Berlin just isn't a good QB. The fact of the matter is that both teams have tremendous Defenses, and it comes down to which QB doesn't suck more.

Stats through the first 5 games

Berlin TD Int.
2003 6 7
2004 8 3

Hmm, no improvement? Look, I'll never be the guy that calls BB a great QB. The fact is, he is light years ahead of where he was last year. The coaches have obviously told Brock to just not lose games for them. He's done that, and also proven that he can carry the team to victory (FSU and 'Ville) if need be. I'm the first guy to call a spade as such. If Brock struggles, I'm not making excuses for him. Last year he was atrocious. This year (to this point) he's been far better. It may or may not last, who knows?

Ross said:
All these Hoo's? I believe I'm the only one here and I didn't say a thing about a national title.

On a side note, Miami had better hope they don't have to play FSU again with Wyatt at QB. If he'd been the QB in the first game Miami would have the L instead of the FSU.

Not much doubt about that considering how ugly the QB play was in that game...

--Ross

i wasn't talking about you in particular, but living in va., all i've heard on the local news and from my hoos friends is that this is the year. yea, aite.

papafin said:
Good call. Sexton would've shredded Miami's defense in his first college start. Happens all the time. The OB at night is a bit of a different animal than the Carrier Dome vs. Syracuse.

It's almost as if you did not watch the game. Rix handed the game to the Canes, literally. He was on his knees praying 'Please let me find a way to lose this game.' And he finally found a Canes player, or two, who was willing to take the gift. Rix may make an outstanding WR in the NFL maybe a good conditioning coach.

I don't think anyone is saying Sexton would have shredded UM's D. There are 10 other players on offense and 11 on D that totally beat UM. The QB was the weak link in that game. Sexton would not have had as much in-game experience and familiarity with the WRs but he also would not have made as many mistakes. That is the story of Rix's career. Brilliant series followed by bonehead plays.

Say what you will about Syracuse, FSU still won that game. Syracuse may be as good as #18 ranked Louisville (freaking Army scored 3 TDs on them). And Louiville totally whooped on Miami in the order of 40 points. On both counts the better team did what it should, win.

Wake Forest scored 2 defensive TDs and on FSU before half time. They only got a field goal the rest of the way and the D almost pitched a shutout the rest of the game.

Unless USC or Oklahoma loses Miami will probably face FSU again in a BCS bowl then we will see who is the best in the state and in the conference.

It's sad though because the BCS and the polls really suck. Oklahoma has been beating tomato cans by a large margin so theyHow in blazes is Georgia still ranked that much higher than Tennessee? Maybe they need to get a better uni.

Notre Dame sux and they are suddenly ranked. Big surprise. :rolleyes: They will finish 7-4 this year and still manage to get a bowl.

Phishstix said:
i wasn't talking about you in particular, but living in va., all i've heard on the local news and from my hoos friends is that this is the year. yea, aite.

Well that was stupid talk until after they had played FSU. What Dips. You don't talk like that until you earn the right to talk like that...

--Ross

papafin said:

Dude he couldn't have played worse QB. The QB was throwing the ball 5 yards into the dirt. Doesn't matter if it would have been his first start. There were opportunities and the QB was never close. You can't even begin to say that was because of great D....

--Ross

There are 10 other players on offense and 11 on D that totally beat UM.

Who wasn't watching the game? Do the link, youngster.
FSU totally outplayed UM
Looks to me as if UM outgained FSU 365-165. Keep spouting that garbage that FSU outplayed UM. It may come to fruition, eventually.

but he also would not have made as many mistakes.
please give me the numbers to the state lotto, oh great Nostradomus. You don't watch very much football.

Syracuse may be as good as #18 ranked Louisville (freaking Army scored 3 TDs on them).
Absolutely. SU is twice the team that Louisville is. Ask anyone who knows a thing about football. Freakin' Rutgers scored 31 on them.

Please make more excuses. I've freely admitted that FSU is a good (top 5 caliber) team. UM is better. They proved it on the field. But I guess I should never expect an FSU fan to admit as much.

You can't even begin to say that was because of great D....
You're right, nowhere near the caliber defense that let a freshmen put 36 on them.

Point is that UM won the game, Period. You guys look sillier and sillier by making all of these excuses. Show me someone who agrees with you (other than FSexcuse fans) on the matter of Sexton winning the UM game. I'll show you a guy who knows nothing about football.

papafin said:
You guys look sillier and sillier by making all of these excuses.

They're typical FSU fans...every time Miami beats them, they always have some excuse and some reason why "we would beat you if we played you later in the year." Except of course last year, when the Canes beat them TWICE. No wonder they're bitter. :roflmao:

papafin said:
Stats through the first 5 games

Berlin TD Int.
2003 6 7
2004 8 3

Hmm, no improvement? Look, I'll never be the guy that calls BB a great QB. The fact is, he is light years ahead of where he was last year. The coaches have obviously told Brock to just not lose games for them. He's done that, and also proven that he can carry the team to victory (FSU and 'Ville) if need be. I'm the first guy to call a spade as such. If Brock struggles, I'm not making excuses for him. Last year he was atrocious. This year (to this point) he's been far better. It may or may not last, who knows?

Instead of a 1.2, it's a 1.6 TD rate through 5 games. So basically, you're telling me that BB is going to score 1 TD more? Sorry, besides the INTs, he isn't improving considering the fact that he hasn't lost Gore, and has a much more matured WR core.

Bling said:
Instead of a 1.2, it's a 1.6 TD rate through 5 games. So basically, you're telling me that BB is going to score 1 TD more? Sorry, besides the INTs, he isn't improving considering the fact that he hasn't lost Gore, and has a much more matured WR core.

look kid! before you speak remember to respect you elders, UM is clearly better then FSU (who had trouble with Forest).

papafin said:
You're right, nowhere near the caliber defense that let a freshmen put 36 on them.

Point is that UM won the game, Period. You guys look sillier and sillier by making all of these excuses. Show me someone who agrees with you (other than FSexcuse fans) on the matter of Sexton winning the UM game. I'll show you a guy who knows nothing about football.

Is sounds ignorant to say that either team played like a top five ball club that night. Both teams sucked in preformance compared to past teams who held that honor.

Show me a guy who thinks they did, and I'll show you a homer who either didn't see the game, or don't know **** about football...

--Ross

nick19991 said:
look kid! before you speak remember to respect you elders, UM is clearly better then FSU (who had trouble with Forest).

Congrats, you're lame--someone that's only a grade over me is bragging about his age.

I'll remember to brag about you guys barely beating an unranked team. You know how many times upsets happen to top 10 teams? At the end of the day, we won. That's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom