What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry?

I don't understand what these peoples who hate on Landry except. He averages 10 yards a catch has 400 hundred catches and 4000 yards. The most productive player in history at his position yet some how he isn't a number 1 because he plays the slot. It's mind boggling. A first down every time you catch the ball on average and yet he isn't good enough. Makes no sense no matter how you soon it in your heads to let him walk

People are hung up the the 8 YPC. because it was last year. We had a ham and egger at QB, that number was 12 with Ryan Tannehill in 2016 who will be the starter next year.

i like Landry and i would love to see him stay (not at 14mm though).. but if he goes i would spend the $$ on some LBers

What is it about the Dolphins that make us hype up slot receivers? Put together a half decent OL and the boundary and seam receivers will come into play. A catching threat out of the back field is far more dangerous than a slot receiver with good hands.

Boy does this place exaggerate. I took a a look at Landry vs Adams for 2016 when they both had there real starting QB's for the full season and here is what I found. Also remember Adams had Rodgers for 16 games, who is regarded as the very best in the game, Landry had Tannehill for 12 (who many will agree isn't on the same planet as Rodgers) and Moore for 3 (who many will agree sucks). Here is what I found out.

Receptions
Landry 94
Adams 74

YPC
Adams 13.3 (but he's a down the field WR lol)
Landry 12.1

Yards per game
Adams 62.3
Landry 71.0

TD's
Landry 4
Adams 12

20+ yard receptions
Landry 16
Adams 17

40+ yard receptions
Landry 3
Adams 4

1st downs
Landry 52
Adams 45

Is the TD difference, which Jarvis showed us he can do in 2017, really what separates the 2 players from earning close to the same salary? Landry pretty much put up Adams number with Adams playing with the best QB in the NFL to some. Will Rodgers value be downplayed to make a case? My guess is yes!!! Can anyone argue that Tannemoore is better than Rodgers?

Even in 2017 the numbers were close other than that YPC where Adams had 12.0 to Landry's 8.8 which I attribute to Jay Cutler who only completed 27 20+ yard throws and 2 40+ yard throws. Not Landry's fault.

Landry had more catches, yards and 1st down receptions in 2017 with one less TD and again close to the same 20+ and 40+ yard receptions.

After doing this I see no reason why Landry wouldn't command close to what Adams is paid other than Adams is light years better with the best QB in the game because I said so.

When did Landry morph in this can’t live without and must pay him whatever he wants phenomen? Like seriously?

Some guys just don't understand football. Take a look at this chart https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-intended-yards
What you are looking at is the average yards that the ball is in the air when a guy is targeted. Landry has the 4th highest for receivers. The guys in front of him are Tate, Cobb and Wilson. Cobb had 92 targets, Wilson had 62. Reasonable for slot guys and clearly not the number 1 targets so that AIY is acceptable. Tate had 120 targets. 41 less targets than Landry and yet he had 16 more yards than Landry, clearly more dynamic than Landry at RAC and yet I bet people here would rather have Landry than Tate because of his receptions. You would easily argue that every receiver that is high on that list is not worth 15 million per year but because we throw the ball to Landry 161 times per year, thus inflating his reception totals it makes people think he is a superstar on the level of Julio Jones and AJ Green. Landry averaged 6 yards per target. 6 YARDS PER TARGET. that is not acceptable for a number one receiver making 15 million dollars.

So were just going to ignore his 2016 season when he had 8.54 yards per target better than 2017 A.J Green had at 7.57, 2017 Tate at 8.13, 2017 Hopkins at 7.87, the dynamic 2017 Adams at 7.44. Maybe just maybe Cutler sucks and because of that it affected the play of Landry and the offense as a whole.

Maybe just maybe Cutler sucks and because of that it affected the play of Landry and the offense as a whole.

That is it. Anyone who watched this season should KNOW this. It was obvious! Landry was way more productive with Tannehill.

Boy does this place exaggerate. I took a a look at Landry vs Adams for 2016 when they both had there real starting QB's for the full season and here is what I found. Also remember Adams had Rodgers for 16 games, who is regarded as the very best in the game, Landry had Tannehill for 12 (who many will agree isn't on the same planet as Rodgers) and Moore for 3 (who many will agree sucks). Here is what I found out.

Receptions
Landry 94
Adams 74

YPC
Adams 13.3 (but he's a down the field WR lol)
Landry 12.1

Yards per game
Adams 62.3
Landry 71.0

TD's
Landry 4
Adams 12

20+ yard receptions
Landry 16
Adams 17

40+ yard receptions
Landry 3
Adams 4

1st downs
Landry 52
Adams 45

Is the TD difference, which Jarvis showed us he can do in 2017, really what separates the 2 players from earning close to the same salary? Landry pretty much put up Adams number with Adams playing with the best QB in the NFL to some. Will Rodgers value be downplayed to make a case? My guess is yes!!! Can anyone argue that Tannemoore is better than Rodgers?

Even in 2017 the numbers were close other than that YPC where Adams had 12.0 to Landry's 8.8 which I attribute to Jay Cutler who only completed 27 20+ yard throws and 2 40+ yard throws. Not Landry's fault.

Landry had more catches, yards and 1st down receptions in 2017 with one less TD and again close to the same 20+ and 40+ yard receptions.

After doing this I see no reason why Landry wouldn't command close to what Adams is paid other than Adams is light years better with the best QB in the game because I said so.
2016- Adams produced 3X Tds on less targets and your argument is... It's the QB...
2017- The numbers are close despite the fact Landry was targeted 43+ times... Landry's average target was 6.4 yards deep, even Cutler can throw accurately for 6 yards.

Lol Davante Adams got exactly that in his extension with the Packers, and Landry has been more productive over the last 4 years, so how do you figure?

Landry is getting at least that. Get real.
Agree - either we are not willing to pay because we blew our wad on Alonso an Branch or Gase doesn’t want him. If the latter I’m starting to feel Gase has caught a little Philbinitis in terms of dealing w “personalities”. Hope that’s not the case. Jarvis is the best football player on the team - period. You pay him.

Davante scored 10 TDs this season(117 targets), where Rodgers played 6.5 games... And no, he didnt score all of them when Rodgers was the starter...
I would trade our Devante for their Devante

Agree - either we are not willing to pay because we blew our wad on Alonso an Branch or Gase doesn’t want him. If the latter I’m starting to feel Gase has caught a little Philbinitis in terms of dealing w “personalities”. Hope that’s not the case. Jarvis is the best football player on the team - period. You pay him.
Best player on the team... Landry only has 100 yards from scrimmage more than Kenyan Drake who was on the bench for the first 9 games FFS..

Best player on the team... Landry only has 100 yards from scrimmage more than Kenyan Drake who was on the bench for the first 9 games FFS..
? I don’t follow - how are you defining best? Yards from scrimmage, yards, TDs, what their market value is? I don’t care about the stats of a RB vs a WR vs Cam’s 10.5 sacks. We all watch the games. He’s the most clutch player on the team and most all around talented IMO. Name another player who is as durable, reliable, can catch, run, block, return kicks as well. Heck his QBR going 0-1 this year wasn’t far off from Cutler’s... He’s going to get $13-$15mil and no one else on our team would get that if they all hit the open market tomorrow so, yeah, I think that paints a pretty good case for BPOT.

Having the best player on the team be the slot receiver goes a long way towards explaining why this Dolphins team is going nowhere fast— whether or not he stays.

Last year Stills resigned because he thought we were building something in Miami. Love Landry's fire, but tired of his lack if discipline.
Use money to add competition to oline.

Back
Top Bottom