What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could you spend Landry's $14M a year on instead of Landry?

When did Landry morph in this can’t live without and must pay him whatever he wants phenomen? Like seriously?

We need to bury this dead horse. Stats, supporting players, comparing players. What a waste. It DOESN'T MATTER. Miami WILL make a decision based on $$ whether we like it or not. Arguing about his value serves no purpose except killing time TIL FA

From what I have seen, every year, the average players wage goes up by about 5-8%. Elite players wages go up about 10-12%. What that elite player A gets this year, regardless of who pays, if he signs a 5 year deal, by the end of the third they will want more, because someone else has emerged as a star, and now gets more money than player A. Its a cycle.

Is Landry worth 14mil? personally, no, but I think he is a 12mil a year player, and 60 over 5years, I could see that.

I just dont want to let him walk cause its another spot too fill on the roster.

Having the best player on the team be the slot receiver goes a long way towards explaining why this Dolphins team is going nowhere fast— whether or not he stays.
I think he’s more valuable than just a slot receiver.

2016- Adams produced 3X Tds on less targets and your argument is... It's the QB...
2017- The numbers are close despite the fact Landry was targeted 43+ times... Landry's average target was 6.4 yards deep, even Cutler can throw accurately for 6 yards.

I don't think its crazy to think its the QB. Aaron Rodgers before Adams showed up threw 45 and 39 TD's and 17 in an injury year (30 if u calculate to 16 games). The year he threw 45 Greg Jennings caught 9 td's on 101 targets and 67 catches, he would never approach 9 ever again after leaving. The year he threw 39 td's James Jones caught 14 tds on 98 targets and 64 catches. Than Adams shows up and Rodgers throws 38, 31, and 40.

This is not a situation like Moss with Brady where Brady career high is 28 td's. and than all of sudden throws 50 td's. More likely Rodgers just throws a lot of TD's seemingly with any WR he's ever had. He just makes his good wr's look a lot better. Thats kind of how it works with elite QB's. Dan Marino is far more likely to approach 48 td's without Clayton than Clayton approaching 18 tds without Marino. Same with Rodgers and Adams.

We need to bury this dead horse. Stats, supporting players, comparing players. What a waste. It DOESN'T MATTER. Miami WILL make a decision based on $$ whether we like it or not. Arguing about his value serves no purpose except killing time TIL FA

Look at the teams that made it deep into the playoffs including to the SB. Tell me how many of them have "Landry-like" players making the type of salary he's "supposedly" commanding?

If, There are NO PLAYERS like Landry on those playoff teams then what does that tell you? I know it tells me that's not how you build a team to compete for a championship.

I would spend that $14 million on this nice Epson projector I've had my eye on for some time.

Seriously I would spend all free agent money on the defense and devote most of the draft to fixing the offense. I could add a nice guard, tight end, WR, qb and a pair of backup running backs.

Jarvis had 60 first downs on over 160 targets last year. That isn't a first down every play. That is barely moving the chains in 3 plays. That is why we score 20 points per game on offense. Way too predicable.
I'm talking averages since everyone likes to bring up his ypc averages. It's 10 yards a catch he had 400 catches 4031 yards in four years. That's #1 wr production period no matter what you guys try and say hence why no one has ever done it as far as catches go

I'm talking averages since everyone likes to bring up his ypc averages. It's 10 yards a catch he had 400 catches 4031 yards in four years. That's #1 wr production period no matter what you guys try and say hence why no one has ever done it as far as catches go

10 yards per catch is not very good when compared to true #1
wide receivers

Antonio Brown 13.5 ypc for his career
Julio Jones 15.5 ypc
Keenan Allen 12.4 ypc
DeAndre Hopkins 14.2 ypc
Michael Thomas 12.2 ypc
Tyreek Hill 13.1 ypc
Marvin Jones 15.0 ypc
Brandin Cooks 14.1 ypc
A.J. Green 14.8 ypc
Golden Tate 12.0 ypc
Mike Evans 14.8 ypc
Doug Baldwin 13.4 ypc
T.Y. Hilton 15.8 ypc
Marquise Goodwin 16.6 ypc
Demaryius Thomas 13.8 ypc
Robby Anderson 14.6 ypc
JuJu Smith-Schuster 15.8 ypc
Cooper Kupp 14.0 ypc
Stefon Diggs 12.4 ypc
Dez Bryant 14.0 ypc

The list of receivers just grows and grows
that have a ypc average for their careers
which range from 24% to 66% better than Landry
(and there are many more)

So in fact,10 ypc receiving is NOT #1 WIDE RECEIVER PRODUCTION
FAR FROM IT

2016- Adams produced 3X Tds on less targets and your argument is... It's the QB...
2017- The numbers are close despite the fact Landry was targeted 43+ times... Landry's average target was 6.4 yards deep, even Cutler can throw accurately for 6 yards.

My argument was that folks greatly exaggerated Adams vs Landry without looking. If more TD’s in less receptions is a thing than I guess we both agree Mike Vrabel is the most efficient pass catcher in NFL history?

You have to move the chains to score TD’s and Landry’s shown he can score TD’s this past year.

Also we can’t forgrt who is throwing to Adams and NOT consider that a great advantage unless of course you think Tannemoore is just as good.

If you look at stats I posted and say that’s the difference between an 11 and 13 million dollar WR I think you’re splitting hairs.

I don't think its crazy to think its the QB. Aaron Rodgers before Adams showed up threw 45 and 39 TD's and 17 in an injury year (30 if u calculate to 16 games). The year he threw 45 Greg Jennings caught 9 td's on 101 targets and 67 catches, he would never approach 9 ever again after leaving. The year he threw 39 td's James Jones caught 14 tds on 98 targets and 64 catches. Than Adams shows up and Rodgers throws 38, 31, and 40.

This is not a situation like Moss with Brady where Brady career high is 28 td's. and than all of sudden throws 50 td's. More likely Rodgers just throws a lot of TD's seemingly with any WR he's ever had. He just makes his good wr's look a lot better. Thats kind of how it works with elite QB's. Dan Marino is far more likely to approach 48 td's without Clayton than Clayton approaching 18 tds without Marino. Same with Rodgers and Adams.
This year, Adams scored 5 TDs with Rodgers at QB, and 5 with the backup... Sooooo...

I think we will be fine without Landry. I will miss his toughness and playmaking. I think Landry was the perfect safety valve for Ryan as he developed his game at QB. But Ryan is now very good in the short passing game. Last year he started to take more chances downfield and he excelled with Stills. Less target for Landry and more deep for Stills produced more points. With the extra money I would shore up defense and gets decent guard. And then you have to put Caroo and Grant in and see what they can do.

Wanted also clarify that this isn’t all a Landry stat. Those numbers are reflective of an offense that struggles to get first downs. Also shows QB isn’t hitting receivers in stride and they are getting tackled almost immediately. He may go to a better team and put a first down every 2 targets which is more in line with league averages

Back
Top Bottom