why i think we should let welker go... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why i think we should let welker go...

You want to get rid of the heart and sould of our offense, a guy who has gone farther with less physical talent than anyone on our team, maybe in the NFL?

Talk about selling your soul . . .

I couldn't have said it better myself. We sat here and watch this guy give his blood, sweat, and tears week in and week when he, JT, ZT were among the only people giving their all. It kills me when I read some threads around here...It's almost as if people just throw **** at the wall and hope it sticks.

Welker is dirt cheap and over produces from the slot.

Wanna cut a WR? Look no further then an over-paid, under-achieving.....

welker makes no sense to re-sign. we need a SPEEDSTER!!!!

Vick = Speed
I'd say bye bye Welker, we have someone who can fill his spot and do just as well and potentially better.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day
But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.

I am Mister Ed.

Vick = Speed
I'd say bye bye Welker, we have someone who can fill his spot and do just as well and potentially better.

really...And what to say he doesnt fumble every kick that comes his way??? Has he proven he has good hands in the 2 preseason games he played in???
How do you know he can break tackles better than Wes...I dont think he can..Wes breaks a few tackles everytime someone tries to tackle him

really...And what to say he doesnt fumble every kick that comes his way??? Has he proven he has good handds in the 2 preseason games he played in???

I didn't see the pre-season games he played in I don't care much for what happens in pre-season any way. There a bunch meaningless games to warm-up for the regular season. Vick is fast enough to run through a hole if one opens and he is off I"m sure he'll learn to protect the ball.

I didn't see the pre-season games he played in I don't care much for what happens in pre-season any way. There a bunch meaningless games to warm-up for the regular season.

Ok, they are so meaningless that they are no good for evaluating players like your Vick, huh? And, now I will rephrase the question in regards to what you just said abut the meaningless preseason...Take away the preseason games he was in now (including the kick returns he had, the receptions he has, and the one touchdown pass he caught in the preseason); Now you want to get rid of a playmaker in Wes for someone in Vick who has never toouched an NFL football in a real game and has no idea what a real game-time experience is all about??? I dont understand the reasoning there...Where is the NFL proof that he would be better than Wes???

Also, and if the hole isnt there..which alot of time it isnt ans Wes creates the plays...If this is the future of our countries reasoning capabilities, we are definaltely in trouble

Ok, they are so meaningless that they are no good for evaluating players like your Vick, huh? And, now I will rephrase the question in regards to what you just said abut the meaningless preseason...Take away the preseason games he was in now (including the kick returns he had, the receptions he has, and the one touchdown pass he caught in the preseason); Now you want to get rid of a playmaker in Wes for someone in Vick who has never toouched an NFL football in a real game and has no idea what a real game-time experience is all about??? I dont understand the reasoning there...Where is the NFL proof that he would be better than Wes???

Also, and if the hole isnt there..which alot of time it isnt ans Wes creates the plays...If this is the future of our countries reasoning capabilities, we are definaltely in trouble

Ok so Vick needs a chance to see what he can do in a real game. To prove he has what it takes Welker has had a chance and we need someone faster, Vick is faster lets test him out and see how he does.

Ok so Vick needs a chance to see what he can do in a real game. To prove he has what it takes Welker has had a chance and we need someone faster, Vick is faster lets test him out and see how he does.

Watch the preseason this year and maybe you'll see how good or bad he is. But if he couldnt beat out Welker what makes you think he is any better. Just beacuse someone is fast doesnt mean they are good. What if he speeds by an entire defense but drops passes and fumbles alot or can't break tackles. If he was better than wes this year he would have seen playing time. In the 1 game Vick was active for this year, he never even got on the field (which kinda pissed me off saban)...

He is one of the best true football players on our team and you wan't to replace him because he isn't a top speed burner?? :shakeno:

Some people have no clue when it comes to football. I guess you want to replace Zach Thomas too he isn't a track star either. :tantrum:

Maybe we can get troy williamson for you. He is hella fast and can drop the ball with the best of them once he beats deep coverage. :lol:

Being a great receiver is not about being a so called speedster, it is about how you respond when the ball is thrown to you
1. (Welker rarely drops a ball well thrown or not)...

How well does he run his pattern, can he get open?
2. (he has proven to be extremely tough to cover, because of his great cutting ability)....

Can you also make the tough catch?
3. (See #1 again).....

How does he handle pressure
4. (He is our best 3rd down WR, and also is a KR/PR)...

And finally is he able to get extra yards after the catch?
(very rare to tackle him after a catch, unless as a defender you are all over him, give him just a little room, he could get a good amount of yards)

he is not fast, but he is consistent, has more heart then any of the other receivers on the Dolphins, and size/speed aside, he get the job done with mediocre QBs...imagine how he could be with a consistent QB, and a better coordinator.

Back
Top Bottom