why i think we should let welker go... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why i think we should let welker go...

Well we can already see that your power of "guessing" is completely out of wack anyways with the Welker thing so yeh, I can see why you would think I was 9, like a nine year old would know who John Offerdahl was...moron.And for the record since you seemed the need to attack me, Welker is staying put, he doesn't do anything EXTREMELY well, but he's GOOD at doing so many different things, and he has so many upside factors that it would be hard to let him go, unless something really nice came along. Horse man.

Well, if you are not 9...you sure have the mind of one...

Replacing Welker with Curtis is a NO BRAINER!!! :confused:

Being a great receiver is not about being a so called speedster, it is about how you respond when the ball is thrown to you
1. (Welker rarely drops a ball well thrown or not)...

How well does he run his pattern, can he get open?
2. (he has proven to be extremely tough to cover, because of his great cutting ability)....

Can you also make the tough catch?
3. (See #1 again).....

How does he handle pressure
4. (He is our best 3rd down WR, and also is a KR/PR)...

And finally is he able to get extra yards after the catch?
(very rare to tackle him after a catch, unless as a defender you are all over him, give him just a little room, he could get a good amount of yards)

he is not fast, but he is consistent, has more heart then any of the other receivers on the Dolphins, and size/speed aside, he get the job done with mediocre QBs...imagine how he could be with a consistent QB, and a better coordinator.

Hey :goof: ...no one mentioned if he was or wasnt a good receiver....

the subject here is UPGRADING and FILLING A NEED that WELKER doesnt FILL...THE SPEEDSTER....WHICH WE NEED....duh :confused:

He is one of the best true football players on our team and you wan't to replace him because he isn't a top speed burner?? :shakeno:

Some people have no clue when it comes to football. I guess you want to replace Zach Thomas too he isn't a track star either. :tantrum:

Maybe we can get troy williamson for you. He is hella fast and can drop the ball with the best of them once he beats deep coverage. :lol:

I guess you must be that cheerleader on your sig....because you must be infatuated with him....he doesnt fill our NEED!

I guess you must also be one of those who still LIKE Joey Harrington? :lol:

Ok so Vick needs a chance to see what he can do in a real game. To prove he has what it takes Welker has had a chance and we need someone faster, Vick is faster lets test him out and see how he does.

Finally, an adult and non "i like boys" guy has entered the thead...:cooldude:

What do you have against Welker anyways...All he did was make plays and catch 3rd downs...all season...And he doesnt need to be a speedster because he is extremely elusive and quick...All you guys who talk about getting rid of Welker are nuts...He was the biggest playmaker on our offense this year

:confused: wow! you really must be blinded by your "perverted infatuations"...

never said i had anything "against" the guy...

I said we need an UPGRADE and a NEED FILLED: SPEEDSTER!

Should be nuff said?

Curtis to replace Welker is a NO BRAINER :cooldude:

what we need are five main spots to upgrade: LT, WR, CB, NT, and OLB.

we have the #9 pick in the draft with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

we need to target Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements via FA. Then, by letting Welker go...we can restructure Booker's contract and sign Kevin Curtis who is a speedster to replace Welker.

Curtis has the ability that Welker doesnt have to play the "outside" when he comes in and then we can move Chambers to the slot with Booker being a reliable possession receiver.

Hagan can back Booker up with Vick becoming our KR/PR.

This would open up our draft options come time for the draft.

We can then have the options to either draft a NT, OLB, or QB to replace Harrington at #9. Or we can trade down. :wink:
other than brown and taylor, letting go of welker would be the worst move in the history of the franchise

Mr.Ed has like 90% of the board against him, but surely he's smarter and knows more about football than ALL of us.

:rolleyes:

get over yourself Mr.Ed.

Welker stays

we have the #9 pick in the draft with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th round picks.

we need to target Eric Steinbach and Nate Clements via FA. Then, by letting Welker go...we can restructure Booker's contract and sign Kevin Curtis who is a speedster to replace Welker.

Curtis has the ability that Welker doesnt have to play the "outside" when he comes in and then we can move Chambers to the slot with Booker being a reliable possession receiver.

We can then have the options to either draft a NT, OLB, or QB to replace Harrington at #9. Or we can trade down. :wink:

How about we cut Marcus Vick and let him coach at Alabama.

Welker is an animal that can do anything he sets his mind to... Hey, you think he'd be willing to coach for a while? :wink:

Hopefully he can "put his mind" into scoring a touchdown off punt and kickoff returns and more than 1 receiving td per year would be nice for the "heart and soul"of our offense.:rolleyes2

One other note as a playmaker 1 td receiving in 2006 and 1 td kick returning in 2004 just doesn't cut.2 touchdowns in the past 3 years:boohoo:

I guess you have proved my post on that only preteens and 9 year olds have responded to re-sign welker apologetics :rolleyes:
I agree with you 100%.This guy has produced 2 touchdowns in 3 years of receiving,punt and kickoff returns is pathetic to say the least.
I like Welker and his huge heart but to get better we have to have better players and they will be available in the draft.Johnnie Lee Higgins would be someone I would take a serious look at as well as Ginn.

Hopefully he can "put his mind" into scoring a touchdown off punt and kickoff returns and more than 1 receiving td per year would be nice for the "heart and soul"of our offense.:rolleyes2

One other note as a playmaker 1 td receiving in 2006 and 1 td kick returning in 2004 just doesn't cut.2 touchdowns in the past 3 years:boohoo:

Yeah because #3 receivers are huge passing threats in the redzone....

sorry but cutting Welker is an assinine idea........ he's easily worth a late rounder dude. The guy is a special teams Ace who is one of the most dependable and productive returners around. He can kick... he makes tackles.... and oh yeah it turns out he's one of the better 3rd/slot WR's in the NFL already. Sure we can cut him and then look for a returner.... and reliable 3rd down WR... who do you have in mind ? Ted Ginn Jr. ?? Sure that'll save us cash.:shakeno: But wait no.... you wanna hand returning over to MArcus Vick ??!!:lol: And sign Kevin Curtis ?? Woah..... Keeping Wes sounds like a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better idea than that.

One of the few players worth anything on the team...and you want to let him go? Brilliant.:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom