Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Ireland's Departure May Ultimately Doom This Team

At some point people need to move on. The man has been fired on to the next guy or woman :)

Well just for ****s and giggles. Pouncey, Wake,Fields (sort of), and Long but it gets foggy from there lol

If you're talking about Ireland's draft picks Fields was not one of them...that was Cam Cameron...Wake was of course a free agent signing that Brain Gaine brought down from Canada and it was Parcells that convinced him to sign...if you'll remember Wake had 17 teams interested in him and he worked out for 8 of them. http://www.thephinsider.com/2009/1/18/727632/dolphins-sign-cfl-star-cam.

Jeff Ireland drafted some talent...however a lot of that talent was square pegs for a round hole.

4 of our 6 draft we picked in the top 15 and we have little to show for it. Compare that to the Bengals roster, which I think is loaded with the exception of the QB, who picked in front of us only twice in those 6 years and tell me who's done a better job of getting impact players. Bengals have been to three consecutive playoffs for the first time in forever while we've not been to the playoffs in 5 years now and haven't had a winning season in those 5 years with two different coaches.

Jeff Ireland is very reactive rather than proactive. Last year in Tannehill's rookie season he failed to get Tannehill any viable targets at the WR position. We went into the season HOPING one of the undrafted WRs we had on our roster would step up. The only drafted WR we had was Hartline. The following year he addressed the WR position but failed to address the OL after Long walked and knowing full well that Incognito and Jerry were not fits in the ZBS the coach was trying to employ. Again, behind the curve and not planning ahead.

I could go on but I'm pretty sure I know what we had and I'm glad it's gone.

And because he sucked at drafting he always had to spend big money in FA

Pouncey has never been selected All Pro.

Pro bowl is basically All-Pro. Funny thing is we are actually in really good shape going forward and not in cap hell like alot of teams are right now.

Would you rather be the Cowboys and be 20 million over the cap right now or how about the Steelers who are in the same baot.

Look the man did a bad job but he didnt run us into the ground, some of you sound like jealous ex girlfriends lol

I am reminded of a Joni Mitchell Song

"You Don't Know What You Got Till It's Gone"

For all of Ireland's misdeeds he was our best drafting GM since Jimmy Johnson was here. While noone will argue he was perfect, he was certainly putting talent on the field.

We weren't losing games because of talent deficiencies (maybe on the O-Line but that's what this offseason is about).

Now we'll bring in a new GM who may not want to tie himself to Philbin or Tannehill, then we may have to start all over, just when I believe we were on the precipice of real contention.

I hope all you scapegoating idiots are happy. This may set our franchise back another 5 years.

Patience is a far too rare of a virtue nowadays. And the ugly situation with fans calling for Ireland's head has left me appalled and in serious question of this fan bases IQ.

I sincerely hope everything works out, but I have serious doubts about the direction of this team now. LA Dolphins might be my future favorite team.

How is patience a virtue when Miami hasn't won more than 8 games since 2008?

Pro bowl is basically All-Pro. Funny thing is we are actually in really good shape going forward and not in cap hell like alot of teams are right now.

Would you rather be the Cowboys and be 20 million over the cap right now or how about the Steelers who are in the same baot.

Look the man did a bad job but he didnt run us into the ground, some of you sound like jealous ex girlfriends lol
No it's not. The Pro Bowl is voted on by the fans. The All Pro team is selected by AP writers and is the top honor for active players.

Watch when Jeff gets his next GM job how well he does and we'll be left with some sort of atrocity who undoes all the superb roster building he does here.

You can magnify all the bad moves all you'd like, but fact is noone bats 1000%. Fact is we're stacked at WR, DL, DB, QB, in good shape at LB, and I believe our RBs are fine if we can fix our OLine that already has a centerpiece in Pouncey.

Id love to know what you're basing this on. What has he done to indicate he's going to do well elsewhere?

Ok, there are legit concerns here-

I don't know how many of us really want everything "blown up" so we get two yeas of mediocrity to potentially get back to playoffs etc. We all hope new GM builds on what good we have on this team, and yes a lot of good is here.

Ireland was mediocre, which isn't horrible in the NFL. Mediocre plus a little help gets you playoffs. Mediocre plus a great QB or great coach gets you playoffs. We all hope that the next gm is well above mediocre right? We hope we didn't just trade one mediocre for another.

Personally, I would like to see an OC with talent. Hope the gm and Philbin? pick a good one.

Doom? No, I don't think Ireland leaving will lead to doom, but the right moves have to be made to progress.

i'm pretty sure Aponte is the reason for the good cap

Back
Top Bottom