Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Dwyane Wade surpass Dan Marino as Miami Sports Icon?

Roman529 said:
You guys have been sipping too much of the D Wade koolaid the past 24 hours. He is a great player but not many people really care that much about the NBA anymore.....it is nowhere close to the NFL in popularity,,,same with baseball and hockey....it's yesterday's news.

just because you dont like the sports and South Florida is a horrible sports market(though it is a great city) filled with spoiled football fans doesnt mean that Fenway and Wrigley Field...or the United Center isnt filled everynight during the regular season

Firts things firts

My friends, somebody know if he will finish his carrer in Miami?
with that in mind Dan is the man. :cooldude:
:dolphins: :dolphins:

DolfanLourdes said:
I TOTALLY disagree... I know they can do it without Shaq.....

and they will do it when shaq retires....wade has 3 more fingers to fill...bank on it...with AND without Shaq

pigskinguy said:
No offense, but that's one of the dumbest things I have read on this site in while.....

yeah its a shame its the truth.

pigskinguy said:
Whatever.....:rolleyes2

i love the dolphins but...they are the only franchise that hasnt been to the show in in since the birth of the other franchises

I'm probably repeating someones reply here, but the NFL is 'hands-down' the country's national past-time. That said, Marino remains the face of Miami pro sports, save the Isotoner and Maroone ads. Most importantly, Dan has built an Empire of Giving, donating millions to the community. I don't really see D Wade doing this according to the culture of selfishness pervasive in the NBA. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong!:dolphins:

SQuinn17 said:
if dwade keeps playin the way he does and a couple more rings he'll overtake marino.

he will never take over marino town...sad to say...but this town will never make way for another hero unless he puts on a face mask

toe2ner said:
I'm probably repeating someones reply here, but the NFL is 'hands-down' the country's national past-time. That said, Marino remains the face of Miami pro sports, save the Isotoner and Maroone ads. Most importantly, Dan has built an Empire of Giving, donating millions to the community. I don't really see D Wade doing this according to the culture of selfishness pervasive in the NBA. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong!:dolphins:

because he was PROBABLY the first notable millionare in sports(player)..since pro sports got pay increases...and if you havent noticed...D Wade isnt selfish..on or off the court

PhinSoldia said:
he will never take over marino town...sad to say...but this town will never make way for another hero unless he puts on a face mask
u live in the bahamas how would u know something like that? i was running around the steets of biscayne blvd last night.

SkapePhin said:
He DID bring a Championship to the city..

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, this should not be discussed in the Main Forum. It's already littered with enough trash. Why has it lasted this long?

SQuinn17 said:
u live in the bahamas how would u know something like that? i was running around the steets of biscayne blvd last night.

i am from the bahamas...i represent the 242 till i die...my parents have a home in Miami...i spend christmas and thanksgiving there...and my GF lives there...and i go to school in alabama...so i hope you had fun dancing on biscayne and hope you danced enough for us...because i got drunk and danced in here in north bama

themole said:
My thoughts are, this should not be discussed in the Main Forum. It's already littered with enough trash. Why has it lasted this long?

because technically it has to do with the dolphins...so it really doesnt go against TOS

just had to open my big mouth+

Back
Top Bottom