With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

kpcane said:
I guess you don't know the history of UF wide receivers. Reply to me when you're ready to talk Reidel Anthony, Travis Taylor, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, and Taylor Jacobs.

One year of coaching isn't going to change a history of mediocrity.
the history for WRs for UF is bad but I don't see what that has to do with future players. they should be judged on a case by case basis. let me ask you something, has UF ever had a WR with the skills of Chad Jackson? he ran a 4.32, has a 38 1/2 inch vertical, is 6 foot 1, has good hands, and runs routes very well. I know he is more impressive than any of those guys

nick1 said:
the history for WRs for UF is bad but I don't see what that has to do with future players. they should be judged on a case by case basis. let me ask you something, has UF ever had a WR with the skills of Chad Jackson? he ran a 4.32, has a 38 1/2 inch vertical, is 6 foot 1, has good hands, and runs routes very well. I know he is more impressive than any of those guys

All of those guys were either first or second rounders (mostly first). They were all rated high, and they all did very well in college. I don't know the exact numbers, maybe if you can find someone who likes to research they can tell you what the exact numbers are. I don't think there's been any indication he'll be that much better than all these guys.

Another thing, what makes you think that Urban Meyer can suddenly turn someone into a good pro? I know it's early, but Alex Smith was awful last year, after thriving in Meyer's spread offense.

kpcane said:
All of those guys were either first or second rounders (mostly first). They were all rated high, and they all did very well in college. I don't know the exact numbers, maybe if you can find someone who likes to research they can tell you what the exact numbers are. I don't think there's been any indication he'll be that much better than all these guys.

Another thing, what makes you think that Urban Meyer can suddenly turn someone into a good pro? I know it's early, but Alex Smith was awful last year, after thriving in Meyer's spread offense.

The Gator faithful is never going to get it.

endorPHINS72 said:
I hate to break it to you but Marino is a Republican as well. So does that mean God is a Republican??? :sidelol:

Most accomplished people are Republicans

Jimmy James said:

If we pick Jackson, I hope he proves me wrong, but as of right now, I don't know why anybody would be so high on a gator WR. You're right...they don't get it.

Jimmy James said:
I have no interest in the Gators, I'm a Canes fan. I just don't beleive in placing any player in a particular group based on the history of a school's position. things change

BTW what does Pofo all-star mean?

nick1 said:
I have no interest in the Gators, I'm a Canes fan. I just don't beleive in placing any player in a particular group based on the history of a school's position. things change

Yeah? Some wise dude took that position when the Texans drafted Gaffney, too. How'd that work out for him?

BTW what does Pofo all-star mean?

It means I'm an all star of the Political/War forum.

Jimmy James said:
Yeah? Some wise dude took that position when the Texans drafted Gaffney, too. How'd that work out for him?

some wise people passed on Larry Johnson because of the history of penn state RBs. Howd that work out? :rolleyes2

definitly gotta agree with Nick on this one, you have to take it case by case, and not group into a bunch of bull

Nappy Roots said:
some wise people passed on Larry Johnson because of the history of penn state RBs. Howd that work out? :rolleyes2

definitly gotta agree with Nick on this one, you have to take it case by case, and not group into a bunch of bull
thank you, finally someone who sees it my way

How'd it work out for Larry Johnson? He was drafted in 2003 and rang up a whole 85 yards and a remark by his coach calling out his maturity (Dick's famous diapers comment). He had 581 yards his second year. This happened behind one of the league's best OLs, too. He finally broke out this year.

I would argue that a lot of his success probably had to do with the fact that he was doubted (even by his own coach) and had to work for his opportunity. That's the difference between him and the other PSU backs. Maybe if enough teams pass on Jackson and his team doesn't treat him like the second coming, he'll be okay as well.

Jimmy James said:
How'd it work out for Larry Johnson? He was drafted in 2003 and rang up a whole 85 yards and a remark by his coach calling out his maturity (Dick's famous diapers comment). He had 581 yards his second year. This happened behind one of the league's best OLs, too. He finally broke out this year.

I would argue that a lot of his success probably had to do with the fact that he was doubted (even by his own coach) and had to work for his opportunity. That's the difference between him and the other PSU backs. Maybe if enough teams pass on Jackson and his team doesn't treat him like the second coming, he'll be okay as well.

not a good arguement man. you show stats from when he was backing up one of the most productive backs in the league at the time. Hes clearly one of the top 5 RBs in the league in his 3rd season.

saying that his success is because he worked his *** off is.....well....is obvious. you cant be a great player in the league without working hard

Back
Top Bottom