With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 16th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

Nappy Roots said:
not a good arguement man. you show stats from when he was backing up one of the most productive backs in the league at the time. Hes clearly one of the top 5 RBs in the league in his 3rd season.

He was backing up a back who was an undrafted free agent, and he was THIRD on the depth chart to Derrick Blaylock as late as last season when Blaylock got dinged up. If Johnson was such a can't miss prospect, he wouldn't have EVER been sitting third on a depth chart.

:shakeno:

Jimmy James said:
He was backing up a back who was an undrafted free agent, and he was THIRD on the depth chart to Derrick Blaylock as late as last season when Blaylock got dinged up. If Johnson was such a can't miss prospect, he wouldn't have EVER been sitting third on a depth chart.

:shakeno:

he was 3rd because of personal problems with vermil. there is no way he was a 2000 yard rusher in college, that just some how relized that he had all the talent in the world in his 3rd season.

Nappy Roots said:
he was 3rd because of personal problems with vermil. there is no way he was a 2000 yard rusher in college, that just some how relized that he had all the talent in the world in his 3rd season.

Who says it was talent? As I mentioned, the Chiefs do run a very RB-friendly system. You don't need a 1st rounder to do what Johnson did -- you can do t with an undrafted free agent.

ETA: In addition, a lot of the PSU RBs have been bad due to injury. That's what bit Enis and Carter, for instance. I know of no similar injury issue with the Gator WRs. They just suck.

Jimmy James said:
Who says it was talent? As I mentioned, the Chiefs do run a very RB-friendly system. You don't need a 1st rounder to do what Johnson did -- you can do t with an undrafted free agent.

ETA: In addition, a lot of the PSU RBs have been bad due to injury. That's what bit Enis and Carter, for instance. I know of no similar injury issue with the Gator WRs. They just suck.
are you kidding me? Johnson is obviously one of the most talented backs in the NFL.

nick1 said:
are you kidding me? Johnson is obviously one of the most talented backs in the NFL.

Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?

Jimmy James said:
Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?
Nappy already told you he had problems with the head coach. if a coach doesn't like you it doesn't matter how talented you are. have you seen Larry Johnson? he's so big and fast, it's almost unbeleivable how good he is

nick1 said:
Nappy already told you he had problems with the head coach. if a coach doesn't like you it doesn't matter how talented you are. have you seen Larry Johnson? he's so big and fast, it's almost unbeleivable how good he is

So, then, I have you on record saying that Larry Johnson is better than Priest and would have been starting instead of him if it weren't for Dick?

Jimmy James said:
So, then, I have you on record saying that Larry Johnson is better than Priest and would have been starting instead of him if it weren't for Dick?
I didn't say that but he definitely would have seen more playing team than he did if Dick didn't dislike him so much at the time. I will say this, Johnson is more physically talented than Holmes is. Holmes was better at that time but only because of having more experience

1st Round Mock Draft w/Projected Trades...What do you guys think?

1st Round Mock Draft with Projected Trades

• Houston Texans: RB-Reggie Bush, USC
  • New York Jets: QB-Matt Leinart, USC (Trade w/NOS)
  • Tennessee Titans: QB-Vince Young, Texas
  • New Orleans Saints: DE-Mario Williams, NC State (Trade w/NYJ)
  • Green Bay Packers: LB-A.J. Hawk, Ohio St
  • San Francisco 49ers: OT-D’Brickshaw Ferguson, Virginia
  • Oakland Raiders: DB-Michael Huff, Texas
  • Buffalo Bills: DT-Haloti Ngata, Oregon
  • Minnesota Vikings: QB-Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt (Trade w/DET)
  • Arizona Cardinals: TE-Vernon Davis, Maryland
  • St. Louis Rams: DB-Jimmy Williams, Virginia Tech
  • Cleveland Browns: DE/LB-Kamerion Wimbley, FSU
  • Baltimore Ravens: OT-Winston Justice, USC
  • Philadelphia Eagles: DT-Brodrick Bunkley, FSU
  • Denver Broncos: WR-Chad Jackson
  • Miami Dolphins: DB-Tye Hill, Clemson
  • Detroit Lions: LB-Ernie Sims, FSU (Trade w/MIN)
  • Dallas Cowboys: WR-Santonio Holmes, Ohio St
  • San Diego Chargers: DB-Donte Whitner, Ohio St
  • Kansas City Chiefs: DB-Jonathan Joseph, S. Carolina
  • New England Patriots: RB-DeAngelo Williams, Memphis
  • Denver Broncos: DE-Tamba Hali, Penn St
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OT-Marcus McNeill, Auburn
  • Cincinnati Bengals: DT-Gabe Watson, Michigan
  • New York Giants: LB-Chad Greenway, Iowa
  • Chicago Bears: DB-Ashton Youboty, Ohio St
  • Carolina Panthers: RB-LenDale White, USC
  • Jacksonville Jaguars: TE-Leonard Pope, Georgia
  • New York Jets: LB-Bobby Carpenter, Ohio St
  • Indianapolis Colts: RB-Laurence Maroney, Minnesota
  • Seattle Seahawks: DE-Mathias Kiwanuka, Boston College
  • Pittsburgh Steelers: WR-Sinorice Moss, Miami
What do you guys think?

Jimmy James said:
The Gator faithful is never going to get it.

:rolleyes2 I can't wait to see Jackson shatter this stupid stereotype.

Jimmy James said:
I'll bet you said the same of Gaffney.

No, I don't think anyone has had the total package like Jackson from Florida in recent memory. He has the size, speed, and the best hands I've seen in a long time. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, its cool, I just think its unfair to doubt him before he even has a chance.

Wow, your knocking Priest and LJ is the same statement. Cause no good players have ever been undrafted free agents if I understand your tone correct.

"Really? If so, why couldn't he displace Blaylock and an undrafted free agent?"

I also will take from your early comments that no good players have ever been third on a depth chart before and then excelled.
If you believe either of your comments I seriously have to doubt what you know about football. I know this not to be true cause I have read many intelligent posts by you in the past but you seem determined to prove your point about Gator Receivers.
On that argument I really don't have an opinion. There have been good gator receivers in the past and lately some failures. Yatil Green I think could have been something good but injuries like Enis and Carter prevented that from happening. I think many of the other receivers from Florida had gaudy stats and this allowed them to propell themselves up draft boards. I feel Jackson has all the tangibles to be a very good pro. I may be wrong and have been in the past.

endorPHINS72 said:
Santonio Holmes

I would love to see us draft Holmes. Imagine this lineup....Culpepper at QB, Chambers and Holmes (our fastest WRs) split wide and Booker in the slot with McMichael at TE (and Campbell as our 4th wideout). That is a potentially very potent passing game!!!!

I know there were some concerns about Holmes keeping weight on, but it appears that was just due to the flu. It appears that we're really interested in him, which I think is awesome! Granted, he's not big, but he's fast (Sub 4.4 speed). I think he compares favorably to Lee Evans and Steve Smith coming out of college.

We do have to add youth and playmakers to the defense, and if Holmes is gone at #16 or if Nick decides to go defense, I think Manny Lawson or Chad Greenway would be great additions to the defense. Also, Winston Justice could be the guy to protect Daunte's blindside for years to come.

I'm psyched about the draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!!

that's right, i would also love to see him taken in the 1st round, that would be an awsome receiver corp for culpepper and would improve our passing game much more as it already is, we can choose defensive players in the 3rd and 4th round to solve our problems...

Back
Top Bottom