Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

I'm sure that had nothing to do with Wade Phillips getting fired. Are you seriously implying Jon Kitna is a better QB than Tony Romo...?

Not at all but the team did play better w/ Kitna. you can blame Wade all you want but Wade has been a good coach at leading teams to the playoffs, he just can't win when he gets there and Romo and the Cowboys were healthy early in the year and they stunk.

No way.

cowgirls_large-1.jpg

Not at all but the team did play better w/ Kitna. you can blame Wade all you want but Wade has been a good coach at leading teams to the playoffs, he just can't win when he gets there and Romo and the Cowboys were healthy early in the year and they stunk.

I have to stop you there. If you saw any Dallas games last year, you would irrefutably agree that the difference between the team under Phillips and Garret was night and day. Trying to downplay the difference tells me you didn't see any of the games outside of highlights. Wade Phillips threw in the towel early last season. His defensive schemes got lazy, he didn't make his team practice in pads, and he seemed dispassionate all year. Tony Romo had nothing to do with their failures in the first half of the season...

I'd have to really think on this. I mean he's 30 years old. I'm not sure I'd trade a first round pick for a 30 year old QB with playoff struggles.

Wade has never been a good coach-the Cowboys won in spite of him not because of him. Same with Norv Turner in San Diego-they are great coordinators, but not great head coaches. The reason Romo will be good here-like he HAS been in Dallas is because we can protect him, our pass blocking was good this year, not our run blocking, and of course I'm talking about when the line was healthy, so don't sight those games when we were playing with scrubs in there. Tony never wins in the playoffs is because of his coaching, plain and simple!

I have to stop you there. If you saw any Dallas games last year, you would irrefutably agree that the difference between the team under Phillips and Garret was night and day. Trying to downplay the difference tells me you didn't see any of the games outside of highlights. Wade Phillips threw in the towel early last season. His defensive schemes got lazy, he didn't make his team practice in pads, and he seemed dispassionate all year. Tony Romo had nothing to do with their failures in the first half of the season...

I understand that but the QB position is about leadership, no matter how big of a buffoon the coach is the QB has to take it upon himself to get his offense ready to play. he didn't do that, Romo was awful prior to getting hurt and I don't blame that on the coach despite the team being better after the coaching change. Wade is the same coach he has always been, he has always been known to go easy on his players- that's not an excuse to play s poorly as Romo did.

I'd have to really think on this. I mean he's 30 years old. I'm not sure I'd trade a first round pick for a 30 year old QB with playoff struggles.

He'll be 31 in less than 2 months AND not only do you give up a 1st rounder you have to pay him top dollar. I think only a desperate team that needs some juice to sell tickets would make a move like this(or Dan Snyder). Miami has a good team, they need better QB play but you are mortgaging the future a bit giving up a 1st rounder and tying all that money into the QB for a guy who is not a great QB and hasn't proven he can play under the bright lights.

Rex confuses Brady- what do you think would happen w/ Romo 2 times a year?

Still waiting on an answer: Who's a better play at pick 15 than Tony Romo? Any ideas, cause I'm listening-change my mind, please!

Romo is a stat QB, he's not a winner. I like him, he comes across as a likeable guy but he just doesn't get it done in big games. QB is about winning, he's been the QB of Dallas full time for Dallas since 2006 and has one playoff win- a WC win at home before getting crushed the next week and in this time period we have heard how talenented Dallas is and they have been a SB favorite every year. Would he be an upgrade over Henne? of course but Romo is not a great QB.

Mike Mayock is that you??????

Oh Jeez... Seriously? Havent we learned our lessons with 1st round RBs? There is no value there. Ingram isn't the next LT or Adrian Peterson... You can find good RBs in the 3rd round.

Back
Top Bottom