Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

Hell to the yes.

... Seriously doubt they'd trade him away though.

:bumpus:

Amen! Barry was the best running back I have ever seen; he also retired unexpectedly. If he plays as long as Emmitt, we don't even mention Emmitt Smith when we talk about the greatest ever

Barry played 8 years and had 15000 + yards, Emmit played 20 and barely surpassed 18000

These are the facts. He wasn't an exceptional runningback. He was tough, and he had great longevity, but he really didn't have any exceptional skills. If he played in Arizona or some other futile team without an O-Line, he wouldn't have TOUCHED that record.

Barry Sanders was an exceptional talent, Emmit was not. If you put Sanders on that Cowboys team and Emmit on that Lions team, Barry Sanders would be the consensus best player of all-time and Emmitt would be remembered as a good RB, and nothing more.

Barry was a better talent but people forget Barry had good OLs too, he didn't have the QB, WR and TE to take attention away but he had good OLs. To give all the credit to those Dallas OLs is not fair. How come derrick Lassic averaged 3.6 YPC the first 2 games of '93 when Emmitt was holding out then Emmitt comes back(w/ no training camp) and averages 5.5 YPC his first 2 games and 5.3 for the season? while he was working back those first 2 games Lassic averaged 3.4 YPC in those 2 games. if it was all the OL Lassic would have been able to at least get to 4.0 YPC.

Emmitt was a great RB, yes he was helped by a great OL but when you combine great RB w/ great OL you get the all time leading rusher and a top 5 all time RB.

Barry played 8 years and had 15000 + yards, Emmit played 20 and barely surpassed 18000

Barry played 10, Emmitt played 15. Emmitt didn't tell Barry to quit in his prime or Barry would easily have the record today.

You'll never have to try and convince me that Barry Sanders was the best RB ever. I know that. I would always try and catch the Lions games when I was younger just for the chance to watch Sanders play.

But again referring back to Smith, speculation of what a player would or would not do if he played on another team is futile and pointless. Also saying Smith was not an exceptional running back is ignorant as well. Emmitt had exceptional vision, great balance and leg strength and was one of the best second effort RB's ever. He was also extremely valuable in the passing game as a reliable receiver and an exceptional blocker in pass protection. I don't care who your o-line was or what team you played for, you don't score 175 TD's in the NFL (2nd only to Jerry Rice) without being exceptional.

Getting back to the post: The Cowgirls can keep the aging Romo and I want an exceptional player in Ingram @ #15.

Henne = Romo with less hype

LMAO, hell no. Henne couldn't improvise his way out of a paper bag. Tony Romo can turn bad plays into good ones. Henne hasn't displayed that ability.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

You'll never have to try and convince me that Barry Sanders was the best RB ever. I know that. I would always try and catch the Lions games when I was younger just for the chance to watch Sanders play.

But again referring back to Smith, speculation of what a player would or would not do if he played on another team is futile and pointless. Also saying Smith was not an exceptional running back is ignorant as well. Emmitt had exceptional vision, great balance and leg strength and was one of the best second effort RB's ever. He was also extremely valuable in the passing game as a reliable receiver and an exceptional blocker in pass protection. I don't care who your o-line was or what team you played for, you don't score 175 TD's in the NFL (2nd only to Jerry Rice) without being exceptional.

Getting back to the post: The Cowgirls can keep the aging Romo and I want an exceptional player in Ingram @ #15.

Ingram is not exceptional.

Romo is a stat QB, he's not a winner. I like him, he comes across as a likeable guy but he just doesn't get it done in big games. QB is about winning, he's been the QB of Dallas full time for Dallas since 2006 and has one playoff win- a WC win at home before getting crushed the next week and in this time period we have heard how talenented Dallas is and they have been a SB favorite every year. Would he be an upgrade over Henne? of course but Romo is not a great QB.

This

he has not won, but he is better than henne

I really don't see the Cowboys trading Romo, but if they did, trading our 1st round pick would be an absolutely stupid move on our part.

Yes I would, I don't really love anyone in this draft class and he would definitely be an upgrade over Henne

It is definitely interesting to see the vast differences of opinion on this subject... Looks like Romo's rep really took a hit this past year.

Back
Top Bottom