Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade a 1st Round Pick for Tony Romo?

There is talk the Cowboys might draft Cam Newton:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/25/cam-newton-to-cowboys-talk-heating-up/

If that is the case, they would probably love to unload Romo for some high picks.

Would you be for such a move?

Only if we feel like Henne won't get it done and we need a veteran to come in and start right away. I think Miami needs to get someone other than Henne to start. Let Henne compete. But I can't honestly go into 2011 with henne as the starter and no one else behind him that I feel good about.

Oh Jeez... Seriously? Havent we learned our lessons with 1st round RBs? There is no value there. Ingram isn't the next LT or Adrian Peterson... You can find good RBs in the 3rd round.

That's correct... he's the next Emmit Smith Smith (you know the NFL's all-time leading rusher)

I agree you can find a good RB (or even QB) in the later rounds but why pass up a GREAT player in the 1st.

Okay, so you think Ingram will be available at 15 and will make us a better team than Romo will? Why?

Ingram should be available at #15 and I don't care who we have at QB (especially ****), I don't see us going anywhere with Hilliard and Sheets at RB or some makeshift RB from the later rounds.

That's correct... he's the next Emmit Smith Smith (you know the NFL's all-time leading rusher)

I agree you can find a good RB (or even QB) in the later rounds but why pass up a GREAT player in the 1st.

Emmitt Smith was a product of one of the greatest O-Line's ever put together...

I can't believe people actually wouldn't want to do this. For me it's a no-brainer. Tony Romo is not perfect, but he's an excellent quarterback. No quarterback is perfect every year. That's what generally has separated Peyton Manning and Tom Brady from the rest of the group, the year to year consistency.

I love this "he's a stats quarterback".

It translates to: "He's a yardage quarterback. And a compleltion quarterback. And a touchdown quarterback. But that's all he is."

The guy makes plays. We'd be lucky to have him. Only concern is he'll be celebrating his 31st birthday soon.

I'd prefer to trade a 1st for Romo than a 2nd (if we got one back) for Kolb or to just sign a dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks injury-prone, insubordinate clubhouse cancer of a headcase

I am confused after several posts, Which is faster, a mili second, a split second or a blink of the eye ?

I would make the trade in half a heart beat. :)

I can't believe people actually wouldn't want to do this. For me it's a no-brainer. Tony Romo is not perfect, but he's an excellent quarterback. No quarterback is perfect every year. That's what generally has separated Peyton Manning and Tom Brady from the rest of the group, the year to year consistency.

I love this "he's a stats quarterback".

It translates to: "He's a yardage quarterback. And a compleltion quarterback. And a touchdown quarterback. But that's all he is."

The guy makes plays. We'd be lucky to have him. Only concern is he'll be celebrating his 31st birthday soon.

And yet with a very talented offense around him, he struggles in big games. Since Romo came onto the scene he has been blessed with a All Pro TE, who IMO bails him out abunch, would have no such security blanket here.

Romo maybe a upgrade over Henne but that isn't saying much.

Not with our 15th pick....NO WAY....

If we traded down to 25 and got more picks.....maybe....I would trade, but only the 25 spot or later...

although it is highly unlikely... Tony Romo would be better then any QB in this draft and free agency

Emmitt Smith was a product of one of the greatest O-Line's ever put together...

Being one of five players in NFL history to amass over 10,000 rushing yards & 400 receptions and the only non-kicker besides Jerry Rice to score over 1000 points isn't just a product of an O-line. Personally I never liked the guy being a Ufelony Gaytor and a Cowgirl but let's not be ignorant here by discrediting one of the NFL's greatest RB's and simply brushing his accomplishments to the side.

Being one of five players in NFL history to amass over 10,000 rushing yards & 400 receptions and the only non-kicker besides Jerry Rice to score over 1000 points isn't just a product of an O-line. Personally I never liked the guy being a Ufelony Gaytor and a Cowgirl but let's not be ignorant here by discrediting one of the NFL's greatest RB's and simply brushing his accomplishments to the side.

These are the facts. He wasn't an exceptional runningback. He was tough, and he had great longevity, but he really didn't have any exceptional skills. If he played in Arizona or some other futile team without an O-Line, he wouldn't have TOUCHED that record.

Barry Sanders was an exceptional talent, Emmit was not. If you put Sanders on that Cowboys team and Emmit on that Lions team, Barry Sanders would be the consensus best player of all-time and Emmitt would be remembered as a good RB, and nothing more.

These are the facts. He wasn't an exceptional runningback. He was tough, and he had great longevity, but he really didn't have any exceptional skills. If he played in Arizona or some other futile team without an O-Line, he wouldn't have TOUCHED that record.

Barry Sanders was an exceptional talent, Emmit was not. If you put Sanders on that Cowboys team and Emmit on that Lions team, Barry Sanders would be the consensus best player of all-time and Emmitt would be remembered as a good RB, and nothing more.

Amen! Barry was the best running back I have ever seen; he also retired unexpectedly. If he plays as long as Emmitt, we don't even mention Emmitt Smith when we talk about the greatest ever

Back
Top Bottom