You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team?

Offer a trade to Pittsburgh for Big Ben, send RT to Pittsburgh and a second round pick. Draft best OL in the first. Sign a veteran RB, draft a Tight End in later rounds. Complete different team if RT can connect with Wallace. Cost us 3 wins. Tampa, Buffalo, Carolina.

Offer a trade to Pittsburgh for Big Ben, send RT to Pittsburgh and a second round pick. Draft best OL in the first. Sign a veteran RB, draft a Tight End in later rounds. Complete different team if RT can connect with Wallace. Cost us 3 wins. Tampa, Buffalo, Carolina.

lol, Tannehill would win a SB within 3 years if he was traded to Pitt...

Very sarcastic comment given the fact that he's rehabbing his leg

Sarcasm aside I believe that Keller was signed to a one year deal.
He tore his ACL, MCL, PCL that is a horrific injury.
He will not be available in the beginning of next year.

For a man that will be 30 years old and depends on speed and agility it is quite possible that he will never play a meaningful down of NFL football again.
It would be bad business to sign him for anything above the league minimum if at all.

Resign Paul and Randy plus Grimes if possible.
Carrol bring back at a modest contract along with McKinny.
Use free agency and the draft to kick start a running game. Depending on what happen in free agency the first 3 rounds of my draft would be based on OL, RB and LB with the emphasis on OL probably based on the talent available. So I would draft a guard and tackle in the first 2 round followed by a linebacker then focus on some in between the tackel runners the rest of the draft and perhaps a speedy wide reciver if available.
Now here is something I would think about too I would consider moving Ellerbee outside too and find a more sturdy inside linebacker. I believe Ellerbee is a little to light in the pants for that position.

**Cut Incognito Draft Groy from Wisconsin to take his place

**Get Rid of Martin & Hope Yeatman can recover to fill his spot

**Give Brenner an honest shot at one of the OG spots

**Fire Turner & Sherman Bring in Darrell Bevell as assistant HC/OC

**use pistol as base formation to take advantage of RT17’s mobility

**Lock up Grimes

**Keep Soliai or Starks not Both

**Hardcore conditioning for Dion Jordan

**Work on Chemistry between Tannehill & Wallace

**Hope Keller & Gibson are 100% by August

**Trade Thomas Draft Blue from LSU & Prosch (FB) from Auburn

Seriously? Big Ben for RT? Big Ben has been a great QB in this league but we're talking of future success and I see brighter days with Ryan Tannehill than with Ben Roethlisberger. Big Ben's style is great but his body has accepted more damage than desired RT has been sacked a lot, but he's young and healthy. Roethlisberger is a few seasons away of retirement.

If you keep thinking Big Ben will have a great season in 2015 or 2016, just stop using that thing. It could cause permanent damage.

**Cut Incognito Draft Groy from Wisconsin to take his place

**Get Rid of Martin & Hope Yeatman can recover to fill his spot

**Give Brenner an honest shot at one of the OG spots

**Fire Turner & Sherman Bring in Darrell Bevell as assistant HC/OC

**use pistol as base formation to take advantage of RT17’s mobility

**Lock up Grimes

**Keep Soliai or Starks not Both

**Hardcore conditioning for Dion Jordan

**Work on Chemistry between Tannehill & Wallace

**Hope Keller & Gibson are 100% by August

**Trade Thomas Draft Blue from LSU & Prosch (FB) from Auburn
These look like the correct answers at the back of the book. Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent response. I hope that someone is taking note. Hint, Jeffery/Dawn/Joe.
I see that you are from Utah. I didn't know that Dolphins could survive in Salt Lake City.

Think outside of the box.

Stop focusing in now, think about next seasons. Wallace-Tannehill chemistry issues will be fixed by the end of the season.
Ireland is a punk but he knows about football. And it's a difficult issue to tune a young passer that's running for his life on every single play behind the worse o-line in the league and trying to connect with a super speeder that requires his QB to adjust his passes to certain conditions. I mean, after watching several times game-day highlights, I think Wallace is failing to run his routes, and Ryan is having to adjust depending on the moment where Wallace can explode his speed.

This week was special because we saw how is progressing this connection. Patience.

During last month with Mexico's soccer team playing All Whites for a World Cup place, a great number of sports clips on New Zealand allowed me to see that rugby leagues have amazing kickers. I mean there was a guy kicking the distance of a whole stadium and another guy was hitting objects from large distances.
If there are better players in New Zealand or Australia with an agent it that area of the world looking for upgrade options, it should be no problem.
I come from Australia and was brought up on Australian rules football and became a huge fan of rugby league when living in Sydney. The skill in rugby and rugby league is kicking to position so that the ball bounces in play and then bounces over the line. Generally, the players who excel at this are small and fast (they kick on the run). One good hit from a big NFL player and they would be dead. In contrast, the NFL punters are only taking a few steps before they kick. Sav Rocca had a long and successful career in AFL before retiring and coming to the NFL and becoming a punter.
BTW - You realize that the balls are different and the rugby and AFL balls are easier to kick longer than the NFL ball (they are also easier to catch).

There should not be a single change on defense. Not one. Sign all existing players and roll with what comes.

It is time for this franchise to TRIPLE DOWN on Offense at ALL positions except QB.

We may not even have the numbers to FIELD A TEAM on OL. We have glaring questions at TE and RB. The team needs two or three SCARY, SICK, NASTY GOOD PLAYMAKERS at a ball-handling position to get over the .500 threshold. A new TE and RB takes pressure off Wallace, Hartline and Miller and let them be the 1A type players they are... the new guys must be 1 players as in potential All-Pro, HOF types... the types that ireland is allergic to.

Bring in lots of better offensive linemen. Resign Grimes, and Starks. Draft Marquise Lee. Draft linemen. Hope some injured players come back, like Keller (doubtful), Gibson, Binns. Oh yeah and draft my boy Carlos Hyde! Beast of a RB. He runs with authority! Daniel Thomas this guy is not. Go Bucks, Michigan sucks.

These look like the correct answers at the back of the book. Thank you for your thoughtful and intelligent response. I hope that someone is taking note. Hint, Jeffery/Dawn/Joe.
I see that you are from Utah. I didn't know that Dolphins could survive in Salt Lake City.

I am from Utah. What gave me away? ROFL. Seriously, its damn tough bring a phins fan in the Mtn time zone.

p.s. I'm sure Dolphins could survive here. We have elephants & monkeys.... at the local zoo

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Bring in lots of better offensive linemen. Resign Grimes, and Starks. Draft Marquise Lee. Draft linemen. Hope some injured players come back, like Keller (doubtful), Gibson, Binns. Oh yeah and draft my boy Carlos Hyde! Beast of a RB. He runs with authority! Daniel Thomas this guy is not. Go Bucks, Michigan sucks.

Go Blue. Crush the nuts!

The only real QB Urban has had was Alex Smith.

Baylor losing last weekend was more of a disappointment than the phins losing.

Back
Top Bottom