01 canes vs 08 gators | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

01 canes vs 08 gators

Florida State actually won 5 of their last 7 after getting beat down by UM.

Washington played @ UM for their last game of the year

Syracuse had won 8 in a row coming into Miami, and after that loss, won 2 straight games after

So I really don't know what you're trying to get at here.

It's not like these teams were all highly ranked towards the middle of the year and then fell off. most of these wins came at the end of the year. VT ended up losing to FSU in the Gator Bowl.

It doesn't matter how many ranked teams UF beat, when the lost at home to Ole Miss.

The '01 Canes are football's definition of a great team & a perfect season. There's no reason this thread should be this long.

It doesn't matter how many ranked teams UF beat, when the lost at home to Ole Miss.

That's the point I've been trying to make in this entire thread. That UF can't be considered the GOAT because they lost at home to Ole Miss.

That's the point I've been trying to make in this entire thread. That UF can't be considered the GOAT because they lost at home to Ole Miss.

Excuse me, but I think the OP of this tread was who would win a game between these two schools.

I don't think the loss to Ole Miss is that relevant since UM also had very close games and every other stat used by you guys (NFL draft class, record) is still up for grabs.

Excuse me, but I think the OP of this tread was who would win a game between these two schools.

I don't think the loss to Ole Miss is that relevant since UM also had very close games and every other stat used by you guys (NFL draft class, record) is still up for grabs.

This thread was a nice idea but in reality doesn't hold the water. Don't kid yourself saying that the loss to Ole Miss is irrelevant. Great teams find a way to win.

BTW, the U's draft class, & records are not up for grabs; they're out of reach. Thug UF has 2 first round draft picks in Harvin and Spikes, everyone else has minimal NFL talent.

A pretty good arguement can be made that Florida doesn't deserve to be in the Nat'l Championship game even if they beat Alabama today. So I don't think they can be considered one of the best teams ever.

The 2001 Canes would make Tim Tebow cry like a little...you get the idea.

The 2001 canes depth chart was INSANE

Vilma might of knocked Tebow out the game . . . seriously we still talking about this?

Ed Reed, John Vilma, DJ Williams, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle . . . UF wouldn't have a chance . . . just too much talent on that defense . . . and them boys were FASTTT . . . Florida's speed on offense would be negated with the athletes ths U had on D.

The 95 Nebraska team is the team that maybe could stop the Hurricanes team, only because Tommy Frazier ran the option better than any other QB in college football history . . . throw in Phillips and Green . . . very dominant. With a tuff azz D to match.

Now if Tebow, Spikes, Harvin . . . if all of them stay (I think Tebow stays . . . doubt Spikes stays . . . Harvin either, but who knows). . . next year they will be even better, and that would be something to watch . . . there still real young . . . they no doubt have great talent.

Regardless . . . this team LOST to Ole Miss @ home . . . and please don't argue the extra point . . . Ole Miss should have never been that close to begin with. They lost at home, to an unranked team . . . I don't care how it happened . . . but that right there is reason enough to end this argument.

Regardless . . . this team LOST to Ole Miss @ home . . . and please don't argue the extra point . . . Ole Miss should have never been that close to begin with. They lost at home, to an unranked team . . . I don't care how it happened . . . but that right there is reason enough to end this argument.
And we should think Miami had a tough road beating up on ACC opponents.

And we should think Miami had a tough road beating up on ACC opponents.

The ACC rated the toughest conference by the Sagarin rankings at the end of the regular season. Don't believe everything the media tells you.

And just to let you know, because this is probably the first year you followed college football, Miami was in the Big East in 2001.

Uf played 9 teams in the Top 25.

Are you talking about end of the season rankings or rankings at the time they played them? Either way, I'm counting 5 and 6 (South Carolina, LSU dropped out, Miss jumped in - OU, Bama, FSU, and UGa being the other 4)

Not even close.

Florida's offense beats teams with speed. Their entire scheme is creating mismatches and taking advantage of fast guy vs slow guy.

And there has never been a faster college defense then the 2001 Hurricanes.

For comparisons sake, the 2001 Cornhuskers ran the option. They were probably the, or close if not the, best option offense since the 95 huskers. An option offense executes off speed.

The result in speed-gimmicky offense vs Hurricanes defense? 0 points before the Canes pulled their starters and let up on the reigns.

Back
Top Bottom