01 canes vs 08 gators | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

01 canes vs 08 gators

No doubt about it 2001 Canes. Real champions go undefeated. 04 Trojans are better too.

I always thought the 03 Trojans were better than their 04 counterparts, but both teams were excellent.

I think this argument will actually be a real one when it comes to '09 Gators vs. '01 Canes.

Ah... NOPE! :sidelol:

Thought this should be brought back up again just for arguments sake, or lack there of.

Ha ha ha ha, ooh ho ho :lol: man I needed a good laugh.

Ah... NOPE! :sidelol:

Thought this should be brought back up again just for arguments sake, or lack there of.

Ha ha ha ha, ooh ho ho :lol: man I needed a good laugh.

dude you are completely obsessed with the gators - you and almost every other cane fan on this board. i don't get it - it's a florida team that's not even a rival - and you guys usually beat us when we play. i could care less about the canes personally - i even almost liked them when they were good - but now that their irrelevant they've pretty much dropped off my radar.

please explain this bizarre florida thing you've got going on - and other canes feel free to chime in. it just doesn't make any sense to me. and don't use the tired thug UF thing - you guys did it first and didn't care either b/c they were bringing you titles.

i don't care either way - but it's just creepy how far every cane fan here goes out of their way to talk **** about the gators in every single thread involving college football. bumping up a thread a year old just to say something that wasn't even funny - really? i would think you'd support a non rival (fugg FSU) florida team - but that's just me.

dude you are completely obsessed with the gators - you and almost every other cane fan on this board. i don't get it - it's a florida team that's not even a rival - and you guys usually beat us when we play. i could care less about the canes personally - i even almost liked them when they were good - but now that their irrelevant they've pretty much dropped off my radar.

please explain this bizarre florida thing you've got going on - and other canes feel free to chime in. it just doesn't make any sense to me. and don't use the tired thug UF thing - you guys did it first and didn't care either b/c they were bringing you titles.

i don't care either way - but it's just creepy how far every cane fan here goes out of their way to talk **** about the gators in every single thread involving college football. bumping up a thread a year old just to say something that wasn't even funny - really? i would think you'd support a non rival (fugg FSU) florida team - but that's just me.

Just beat the crap out of Cincy....represent the SEC well.
I'll be pulling for you,as well as all the other SEC teams.

Just beat the crap out of Cincy....represent the SEC well.
I'll be pulling for you,as well as all the other SEC teams.

that goes without saying. cincy's gonna get crushed. do the same to texas - which i'm sure bama will without too much of a problem.

CANES!!!...

Team was stacked..Best college football team ever hands down..

Ed Reed. Willis..Portis..Vince Wilfork..Bryant Mckinney..Andre Johnson..Frank Gore...Dj Williams...Jon Vilma...Phil Buccanan(Bust)...Mike Rumph(Bust)...Shockey...

Team was just redic..

It's in the blood man . . . Gators are just a slimy team.

Gator Flop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Uzu-wPFmc

Throw in the Gators dropping the Canes from the schedule once they saw the Canes becomming dominant . . . and this is why this is a HEATED RIVAL. How can u say this is not a Rival? They have played like 50 something times, would be more if the Gators had any balls to play us every year.

It's in the blood man . . . Gators are just a slimy team.

Gator Flop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Uzu-wPFmc

Throw in the Gators dropping the Canes from the schedule once they saw the Canes becomming dominant . . . and this is why this is a HEATED RIVAL. How can u say this is not a Rival? They have played like 50 something times, would be more if the Gators had any balls to play us every year.

in the blood ... slimy ... i need a little bit more than that. and i don't think it was once they saw you were becoming dominant thing at all - i think it was more of a lot to lose and not a whole lot to gain kind of thing. if you guys were that dominant force that you used to be we'd be jumping all over the chance to play you once again. just my 2 cents.

rivalry's a word that gets thrown out there too much these days IMO. it used to be a decent rivalry i suppose - an all time 28-26 edge going to the canes. but when i think rivalry i think UM vs FSU or UF vs FSU or something along those lines. the gators biggest 'rivals' are FSU, UGA, LSU, and UT - how many rivals can the gators have? i get the in-state thing and all that - but i just don't know.

i also don't know why you guys would want to play us so badly either. sure, you guys would have a ton to gain by beating us - but with how wishy washy the ACC's been over the last decade - you guys would have a ton to lose as well. if i were a canes fan, i'd sure as hell want to wait until i was confident they were 'back' until i put a team like florida on the schedule - knowing very well that loss could be the one that kept us out of a possible ACC championship. maybe i'm just retarded but that's my perspective on the subject.

as i've said before - i don't dislike the canes at all - so maybe my take on the matter is just a little bit too unbiased.

After growing up in So Flo my entire life, I had to move out to Gainesville and lived there 6 months ago for 5 years (my sugar momma was getting her Doctorates). Growing up my hated rival was FSUx, basically because the ga*tors were irrelevant. During my 5 years in G-ville though, Florida won their 2 football NC's. Throw in the fact that I was also manager at the Swamp restaurant and I had to listen to every pompous, arrogant, unknowledgeable young turd rant about God's given ga*tors and you kind of get a hint of where my hatred comes from.

Maybe the Canes vs ga*tors isn't the rivalry it used to be on the field but that's no one elses fault but Florida's, because especially to us Cane fans it seems that your scared to play us with you guys trying to relinquish and desperately holding on to the last time we played in our down year and finally beat us.

Not to mention the absurd media bias that has come along with the ga*tors and Tim Tebow the past few years. To me, Florida is the NFL equivalent of the Patsies and Tom Brady... draped across every internet sports website and and newstation just waiting for the latest in "breaking news" of how Brady is hooked up with some skinny *** model (save it for ET Weekly) or how Tebow just cut some skin off some lil kids penis. I'm not going to root for Brady and the Patsies just because the come out of the AFC East just like I'm not going to pull for the ga*tors just because they hail from Florida. I'd personally rather watch UCF beat up on some one (like Houston) than see the ga*tors succeed.

BTW, of course you don't find any humor in the post I bumped, your a University of Felons fan. And the whole Thug UF thing is not old. In fact you just renewed that fact the Tuesday before the SECCG with Carlos Dumblap (don't drink and drive and sleep, kids). I remembered this post because I knew at the time Florida would not be able to accomplish what the great '01 Cane team did. Also put in the fact that the "01 Canes team was well behaved and we were the best ever and I couldn't wait to serve up some crow for the disbelievers.

All I've heard the past few years is how the Canes WERE great but that was the past. Well ga*tor fans, everything wonderful that you've accomplished is now in the past so get used to clinging to it. Meanwhile, you'll get to watch the Almighty Canes do it all over again. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane.

C-A-N-E-S Canes Canes Canes!

After growing up in So Flo my entire life, I had to move out to Gainesville and lived there 6 months ago for 5 years (my sugar momma was getting her Doctorates). Growing up my hated rival was FSUx, basically because the ga*tors were irrelevant. During my 5 years in G-ville though, Florida won their 2 football NC's. Throw in the fact that I was also manager at the Swamp restaurant and I had to listen to every pompous, arrogant, unknowledgeable young turd rant about God's given ga*tors and you kind of get a hint of where my hatred comes from.

Maybe the Canes vs ga*tors isn't the rivalry it used to be on the field but that's no one elses fault but Florida's, because especially to us Cane fans it seems that your scared to play us with you guys trying to relinquish and desperately holding on to the last time we played in our down year and finally beat us.

Not to mention the absurd media bias that has come along with the ga*tors and Tim Tebow the past few years. To me, Florida is the NFL equivalent of the Patsies and Tom Brady... draped across every internet sports website and and newstation just waiting for the latest in "breaking news" of how Brady is hooked up with some skinny *** model (save it for ET Weekly) or how Tebow just cut some skin off some lil kids penis. I'm not going to root for Brady and the Patsies just because the come out of the AFC East just like I'm not going to pull for the ga*tors just because they hail from Florida. I'd personally rather watch UCF beat up on some one (like Houston) than see the ga*tors succeed.

BTW, of course you don't find any humor in the post I bumped, your a University of Felons fan. And the whole Thug UF thing is not old. In fact you just renewed that fact the Tuesday before the SECCG with Carlos Dumblap (don't drink and drive and sleep, kids). I remembered this post because I knew at the time Florida would not be able to accomplish what the great '01 Cane team did. Also put in the fact that the "01 Canes team was well behaved and we were the best ever and I couldn't wait to serve up some crow for the disbelievers.

All I've heard the past few years is how the Canes WERE great but that was the past. Well ga*tor fans, everything wonderful that you've accomplished is now in the past so get used to clinging to it. Meanwhile, you'll get to watch the Almighty Canes do it all over again. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane.

C-A-N-E-S Canes Canes Canes!

now THERE is a reason to hate the gators. :up:

you had to work at the swamp with all those retarded frat boys for 5 years? dude, if i had to put up with that **** for that long i'd even start some sort of self loathing thing. that place is as unbearable as it gets as far as gainesville hangouts are concerned.

i also get the gator/tebow - patsy/brady analogy. they kind of have become a bandwagon/fanboy kind of team in the past few years and i can't fugging stand it. have never been a fan of the media and i've hated the non football related attention - third world circumcisions, arrests, *** hair electrolysis - the media has cursed us with the past few years. i obviously love tebow and what he's done for us - and college football for that matter (could there be a better role model for young athletes/fans?) - but there's been more coverage of him off the field than on. not cool.

but you do have to admit the REAL gator fans know football. the most knowledgeable football people i know are gator fans - and they don't like the same **** as either of us. look at the few of us that actually post in this forum - can you really say we don't know what we're talking about? it's obvious we do - and relay that fact pretty well IMO.

you're my favorite gator hater on this board man. always keeping it real - even if the obsession is borderline creepy. :lol:

and just for the record - i also think the '01 team would beat us. i thought our defense this year would match that one - but it didn't. i don't think it would be a blowout or anything - but matching up with that insanely stacked '01 team is just impossible. you guys would probably win that one 7 times out of 10.

2001 canes no doubt probably the best college team ever, they were so deep at almost every position

Reading this thread gave me huge goose bumps....that team was just straight up nasty

Reading this thread gave me huge goose bumps....that team was just straight up nasty

Ed Reed in ANY secondary should give you goose bumps . . . talk about a STEAL in that draft. How he wasn't a top 5 pick still amazes me. All dude did was make plays at the U.

Back
Top Bottom