1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic)

Oooh jeez. Thanks for replying.
Grew up a PSU fan, and for me Parsons is a local boy. But not sounding like a Flores guy at all.
Yeah not good but I think it will come out as not that bad or fairly bad. I think we’ll find out shortly. Could always benefit us a bit like the Laramie tonsil situation even though in my opinion this won’t be is in your face bad. Maybe He’ll drop a bit and we can pick him up later who knows

This is going to be a really tough F/A period with Miami, recently being projected, to have only $24.7M in cap space for 2021. So they'd have to cut a bunch of players to gain some space. Then there's the $11m that's due to be paid to the draft picks, reducing the cap, by said amount. Tough year for 75% of the league. Not sure what Miami is going to be able to other than bargin shop.

But as for the pick: its got to be one of the WR whether its at #3 or #18 remains to be seen. I think its almost a safe bet it'll be Devonta Smith, somewhere in the top 3-7 picks.

I want Devonta Smith, his skills are hall of fame like. and I want Najee, could he be a more athletic Henry? Now that I have broken the rules, I will go with if I still can Fitzmagic.

You can join the other fan bases "Fitzmagic" has left and remember the good times, always forgetting the worst of times.

You Fitzpatrick guys are a broken record.

Zaven Collins, OLB/Edge, 6'4" 260 lbs, Tulsa. His positional flexibility is almost as fluid as his hips. In Miami's multiple defensive front he could be utilized/deployed in a multitude of ways. He's somewhat reminiscent of Kyle Van Noy except younger, bigger, faster, more athletic, maybe stronger and definitely cheaper. With Fitzpatrick's likely departure, KVN will be the team's elder statesman and having a ready made replacement for him in-house who could learn by his side for a year or two would be close to ideal. Also, unlike the consensus top rated draftable LB, there are no character concerns with this young man who is highly intelligent and hyper focused. He may be there at #36, but I tend to doubt it.

I wish they would do something bold. Draft Chase or Smith at 3 and then draft another, Smith or Chase with a trade up from 18 and another pick.

How do they rationalize Thuney when they have Flowers who is uncuttable and Kindley, who is the other starter? They cannot afford Thuney.
Flowers isn’t Uncuttable by any means. Ideally we keep him next year and then cut him for no dead cap. But we could cut him this offseason and have a dead cap hit of 5 million this year and next. But save 5 million

I'm going with Harris, we need a HB to take pressure off Tua. We were 22nd in rush yards that number needs to improve next year if we want to take the offense to the next level as well as help the defense.

Joe Thuney, need to shore the guard positions.
A RB success is also on the OL and a D respect of the pass.

Zaven Collins, OLB/Edge, 6'4" 260 lbs, Tulsa. His positional flexibility is almost as fluid as his hips. In Miami's multiple defensive front he could be utilized/deployed in a multitude of ways. He's somewhat reminiscent of Kyle Van Noy except younger, bigger, faster, more athletic, maybe stronger and definitely cheaper. With Fitzpatrick's likely departure, KVN will be the team's elder statesman and having a ready made replacement for him in-house who could learn by his side for a year or two would be close to ideal. Also, unlike the consensus top rated draftable LB, there are no character concerns with this young man who is highly intelligent and hyper focused. He may be there at #36, but I tend to doubt it.

I've been hearing a lot of good about that kid...interesting prospect and looks like a football player

As for free agents, I'd like to see Miami pursue one of several DL coming off rookie contracts that teams, especially cap-strapped ones in this coming shrinking salary cap year, cannot afford. Among them are Leonard Williams (NYG), but signing him will likely require a king's ransom, Sheldon Rankins (NO), Dalvin Tomlinson (NYG), Larry Ogunjobi (CLE), or maybe resign Davon Godchaux. One other interesting name to consider is Solomon Thomas, a former high first round pick of San Francisco who underachieved, one may even say flamed out, prior to this season's ACL injury. It's obvious the man has considerable talent, but for whatever reason (perhaps being outshined by San Fran's other four former first rounders along the DL) things never panned out in the Bay area.

Back
Top Bottom