1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

I would like to figure out how to walk away with Smith, Pitts and Harris. Smith at 3, might need to trade up to get Pitts and then hope like hell Harris drops to our 2nd round pick.

If Cincinnati is sitting there at 4 and Sewell and Smith are still on the board, which one do they pick to do the most good for burrow?
Completely different situations. Cincy has 2 WRs that are better then anything Mia has on their roster. One was also a rookie drafted 33 overall last year and the other is only 26. Also Mia just took a LT last year at 18 overall and other OL in the 2nd and 4th rounds last year. So Cincy has nothing to do with what is good for Mia.

I get the cheeky I get it

I get that D Smith is worthy of the third

I support this player at 3 if you want a certain player you don’t trade down

if he is worth 5-7 he is worth 3 for sure

But to scoff about corn over and over and over again - thing is that this team will eventually need to block to pass and rush the ball and we can’t - we don’t do either well it is ludicrous to suggest we can and that is what your posts about the LT have come to Danny because I read most of them

This team doesn’t block so how is that gonna be fixed?
I agree that last year the line could had been alot better. But remember that there are 3 rookies on that line. Hopefully it will be better with a full off-season and all of them getting stronger. We can't just right them because they were not probowlers in their first year.

If we have a chance, i wouldn't mind seeing us take Anthony Schwartz from Auburn. World class speed.

I am not as sold on DaVonta Smith as most people on this board. I worry about his size and durability in this very physical league. He doesn't have Desean Jackson speed and he will not be able to dominate NFL CB's the way he has college kids. Sure, he'll be a good WR, but look at the transition for guys like Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Laviska Shenault. Jeudy is a phenomenal route runner, Ruggs has elite speed, and Shenault is probably the most like DaVonta Smith ... but none of those guys are overly physical, and none became instant-stars. Contrast that with guys like Chase Claypool and DK Metcalf who are physical guys and have had good success. Running against air always looks good for the fast guys, but once the NFL defenders get their heavy hands on these guys ... the game changes.

IMHO, the best WR prospect in this class is Ja'Marr Chase. We didn't see him this year, but I am confident he will produce if healthy. And, I'm more confident that he can stay healthy.
Folks are so absolutely blinded by brand names and hype -- they just ignore other considerations and concerns...
Anyone who thinks Smith is going to do what he's done in college in the Pros may be in for a rude awakening.
I'm not saying the kid isn't a player ------ but he's benefiting IMMENSELY given the situation he's in and
the talent he's surrounded by. The lopsided equation ENDS abruptly at the next level.

I agree Chase looks more NFL to me and less of gamble. But IMO grabbing any WR in this draft at #3
is a serious loss of value. I'd rather take the OT than WR. But that's not the potential grand prize pick...

No. After last night he shot up everyones draft boards like a teenage kids schlong watching a Britney Spears video. ATL is right behind us and Julio is oft injured. They won't hesitate.
They might prefer Chase, and even if they take Smith, taking Chase should not be very upsetting to anyone, including Tua.

I am not as sold on DaVonta Smith as most people on this board. I worry about his size and durability in this very physical league. He doesn't have Desean Jackson speed and he will not be able to dominate NFL CB's the way he has college kids. Sure, he'll be a good WR, but look at the transition for guys like Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Laviska Shenault. Jeudy is a phenomenal route runner, Ruggs has elite speed, and Shenault is probably the most like DaVonta Smith ... but none of those guys are overly physical, and none became instant-stars. Contrast that with guys like Chase Claypool and DK Metcalf who are physical guys and have had good success. Running against air always looks good for the fast guys, but once the NFL defenders get their heavy hands on these guys ... the game changes.

IMHO, the best WR prospect in this class is Ja'Marr Chase. We didn't see him this year, but I am confident he will produce if healthy. And, I'm more confident that he can stay healthy.
If it’s remotely close between Chase and Smith, I choose the guy that played this year

We did the Jake Long thing after our 1-15 season. I’m not sure how that affects the decision, but we could have traded the first pick probably for someone who wanted Matt Ryan and easily picked up Ryan Clady, taken at #12, who I would say would have been on the team a lot longer than Jake Long. And at 1-15 your team needs more picks. Or taken Matt Ryan, a playmaker instead of building our line. There was also two-time Heisman winner Darren McFadden sitting there who didn’t get drafted until #4. I am not a fan of offensive line help that high. Get the playmakers where they deserve to go.

And if Miami trades down to #9, what's to keep the team at #12 from trading up to #8 and getting Miami's target? Yeah, that means Smith/Chase/waddle go between #4 and #9, but Miami has to consider that. My point is, no one can assume Miami can trade down, but no lower team can trade up.
You're not wrong that teams can trade up, but let's be real here. With guys like Sewell, Surtain, Parsons, whoever is a combine sweetheart, and the 3 QBs there will be talented WRs falling out to 9 and beyond.

If somehow there is an unprecedented run on WRs in the top 10 then you still have Bateman and Moore. Point is, with 2 1st Rd picks the Fins can really control their destiny if they're targeting certain players/positions.

If it’s remotely close between Chase and Smith, I choose the guy that played this year
Also, go with the one that has four years of production,under three different OC's,caught passes from three different QB's.....
If you want to go with the one with only one year and he pulled a b**** move this year...
You might post like a idiot.

I love the kid, humble, hard working and highly skilled. The one thing that concerns me, which really showed last night, is Smith that great or is Alabama just playing against terrible defenses?

On all three of his touchdowns OSU completely failed to cover Smith and on the deep TD he was covered by a linebacker!

Smith is gifted but that tiny frame scares the heck out of me against real NFL CB’s, alternatively Chase might just have been a beneficiary of a perfect season storm.

Waddle is the one who really makes me sit up and take notice and seems to be a nice compliment to what we already have.

You're not wrong that teams can trade up, but let's be real here. With guys like Sewell, Surtain, Parsons, whoever is a combine sweetheart, and the 3 QBs there will be talented WRs falling out to 9 and beyond.

If somehow there is an unprecedented run on WRs in the top 10 then you still have Bateman and Moore. Point is, with 2 1st Rd picks the Fins can really control their destiny if they're targeting certain players/positions.

Don't disagree. I know what I'm going to say is nebulous, but, as some say, if Miami has targeted a specific player and think he should be there at, say, #8, a lower team trading up could kill that. If, OTHO, Miami would be happy with any of 4 players, you're right. I'm just noting there is a danger in trading down with the expectation no team will trade up

I love the kid, humble, hard working and highly skilled. The one thing that concerns me, which really showed last night, is Smith that great or is Alabama just playing against terrible defenses?

On all three of his touchdowns OSU completely failed to cover Smith and on the deep TD he was covered by a linebacker!

Smith is gifted but that tiny frame scares the heck out of me against real NFL CB’s, alternatively Chase might just have been a beneficiary of a perfect season storm.

Waddle is the one who really makes me sit up and take notice and seems to be a nice compliment to what we already have.
Are you under the impression that Devonta only did that last night,and not the last FOUR years?

Aside from his receiving skills, route running, and twitch off the line, he seems like a grounded, well raised kid a bit like Tua.

Back
Top Bottom