1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

I think ATL has bigger fish to fry than replacing one of their living legends at WR.

Mr. Ryan is about to be helped out the door. It's time for big changes down there.
I get the cheeky I get it

I get that D Smith is worthy of the third

I support this player at 3 if you want a certain player you don’t trade down

if he is worth 5-7 he is worth 3 for sure

But to scoff about corn over and over and over again - thing is that this team will eventually need to block to pass and rush the ball and we can’t - we don’t do either well it is ludicrous to suggest we can and that is what your posts about the LT have come to Danny because I read most of them

This team doesn’t block so how is that gonna be fixed?

And, ATL will tell Miami who they're taking at #3. There will be no surprise.

I'm surprised some people think it'll be difficult to trade down out of #3. If the jets take Sewell there will be a ton of calls from teams trying to get fields. If the jets take Fields then there will still be a ton of teams trying to get Sewell or Wilson. This team can trade down to 6 and still easily get Smith. Probably down to 8-10 and pick up Waddle or Chase easily as well.

Any way you slice it the Fins have a great option to pick up more picks and still get a top flight WR if that's what they have their heart set on.

I'm conflicted at what to do with #3 tbh, my gut reaction when we it was confirmed was to grab the best LT prospect we've seen in a while because he's a beast, if we couldn't screw the hell out of a team for a big haul in a trade back. The way Smith's stock has risen and the undeniable fact the he is exactly what Tua and this O needs makes trading back a little bit of a gamble as he may well be gone even if just drop back 2 or 3 spots. I originally had Chase as my #1 WR, that's close to flipping based on the season Smith had and Waddle is still a hell of a talent, I also believe that Pitts is a player we need too. I love Harris too and he fills a big need but taking him in round 1 (which we will have to) makes things difficult for us, ideally I would like 2 of those top 4 receivers, Harris stops you from doing that unless we somehow get a third 1st.

Of course this will all be moot when we trade everything for Watson and roll out Grant, Hollins and Ford once again :p

As I've said before: Cannot fathom why many posters would support taking him at #6 or #7, but not at #3.

If he's your guy, pull the trigger and light a cigar. Trading down is great, but only if you are still guaranteed to land Smith. So Atlanta makes sense as a trade partner at #4 so they can block us trading out of #3 to a QB-needy team.

BTW, did you notice Alabama's Left Tackle "lighting it up" last night? No? Neither did I
Left tackles are important, but they just cannot break the game open like a DeVonta Smith can. Ask the Jets and ask Houston

F**k Sewell. Gimme DaVonta Smith
Ideally, Miami could trade down and get more picks. But I agree. If Smith is your guy, go get him.

Can Devonta be had later, like 8?

Also...id like to see video of Devonta vs Surtain in practice. Devonta never faced top CBs
First no he won't be there at 8.

Second why do we need to see practice video vs Surtain? How about just watch real game video of he destroying NFL talent. You do know that Wade for OSU is will go in.the first 2 rounds right? Or how about him destroying Stingley for LSU the last 2 years who is considered one if the best CB prospects in years and will go top 10. Or how about Georgia who have 2 CBs projected to go in the first 3 rounds.

My dream off-season would be to draft Devonta Smith and trade the falcons a 2nd and Devonte Parker for Julio Jones. Falcons gotta go full rebuild.

I'm curious what 40 time smith will run.. I suspect its gonna be much better then a 4.4 to 4.5 nfl draft scout and Walter football estimate him at. That kid is fast as hell
His 40 time is irrelevant besides just curiosity. He has football quickness which is uncoachable. He plays fast when the pads are on.

The Julio idea is a strong one as he is a UFA this year and I think he might take a discount to come and be part of Bama South with Tua, Smith and Harris.

I get the excitement following the game. I'm no college expert at all so can someone give me a pro comparison to Smith? Size and all?
I don't get why people are getting excited over last nights game. I mean if you have watched the kid play all year last night was just same old same old. Kid hasn't been stopped at all all year long. As far as a NFL comparison think Marvin Harrison just gets open in a variety of ways.

I am not as sold on DaVonta Smith as most people on this board. I worry about his size and durability in this very physical league. He doesn't have Desean Jackson speed and he will not be able to dominate NFL CB's the way he has college kids. Sure, he'll be a good WR, but look at the transition for guys like Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, and Laviska Shenault. Jeudy is a phenomenal route runner, Ruggs has elite speed, and Shenault is probably the most like DaVonta Smith ... but none of those guys are overly physical, and none became instant-stars. Contrast that with guys like Chase Claypool and DK Metcalf who are physical guys and have had good success. Running against air always looks good for the fast guys, but once the NFL defenders get their heavy hands on these guys ... the game changes.

IMHO, the best WR prospect in this class is Ja'Marr Chase. We didn't see him this year, but I am confident he will produce if healthy. And, I'm more confident that he can stay healthy.

I'm surprised some people think it'll be difficult to trade down out of #3. If the jets take Sewell there will be a ton of calls from teams trying to get fields. If the jets take Fields then there will still be a ton of teams trying to get Sewell or Wilson. This team can trade down to 6 and still easily get Smith. Probably down to 8-10 and pick up Waddle or Chase easily as well.

Any way you slice it the Fins have a great option to pick up more picks and still get a top flight WR if that's what they have their heart set on.

And if Miami trades down to #9, what's to keep the team at #12 from trading up to #8 and getting Miami's target? Yeah, that means Smith/Chase/waddle go between #4 and #9, but Miami has to consider that. My point is, no one can assume Miami can trade down, but no lower team can trade up.

Cute but we need both.

Jackson is raw, but eventually will be a very effective L-tackle for Miami.

Before the season started, I wanted Hunt to be used at Guard, where he could be a superstar, instead of tackle, where he had problems with speed rushers on the edge...Not only did Hunt not have issues on the edge, he seemed to be getting better each week, finishing as a very promising R-Tackle.

Miami is going to be alright eventually at tackle, the problem is interior linemen...Now receiver is another question.

Get Smith, don't even waste a micro second thinking about it.

And so many posters think that every single team doesn't get at least 1 call. Miami will receive at least 1 offer. So will Jax NYJ Atlanta and so on. It's a matter of whether the compensation is worth the drop. If we can't trade out you take Sewell. If we can't trade out and the Jets take Sewell then yes take the WR.
Sewell will be a great player in the NFL, but Miami taking him, and not taking Smith would be a huge mistake.

Back
Top Bottom