1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Sewell is such a great prospect there's a good chance he won't even fall to Miami @3, making the Smith pick relatively easy for us.

If he does fall then I don't think they can go wrong either way as both are such amazing prospects, it's a great spot to be in.

Tua is the only thing that can truly hold this franchise back imo which is why I'm so hard on him.

IF he is truly the prospect that so many of y'all suggest then we will be just fine, but IF Herbert continues to outplay him (excuses be damned) Tua will hold the entire franchise back like he did this season because Fitz who isn't great was clearly the better QB.
You're so "hard" on him because you're still bitter the phins got rid of tanny and you abhor the idea that the next qb coming in might wind up better than him. Everyone has their story

It's surreal to remember that the WR group was considered our biggest strength going in to the 2020 draft.

Even with Wilson coming back and some additions via draft, the group is now our glaring weakness.
What changed? What did change is the team has leveled up in all areas, surpassing the somewhat stagnant WR corp. Everyone else just got better.

That is a testimony to Flores & Grier. It was drafting and coaching, simple as that.

I'm very certain that we will fully address the skill positions this year. It will start with Smith and likely continue with Najee or Etienne.

Teams didn't respect our running game or ability to go deep. Defenses poached the short routes and Chan Gailey continued to call the offensive version of the Prevent Defense.

Playcalling lacked balls.

Gailey appears to have completely depleted his lifetime allotment of testosterone production.

Last edited:
You're so "hard" on him because you're still bitter the phins got rid of tanny and you abhor the idea that the next qb coming in might wind up better than him. Everyone has their story
No he just wasn't very good this season if you're capable of being honest with yourself lol.

Probably would have beat Denver with Fitz, that game changed the whole season as we needed and should have got that W.

Fitz came in to save the day against Denver too right? Too little too late if I remember correctly.

Only reason we had a shot week 17 was because of Fitz saving the day week 16, real Franchise QB's shouldn't need that.

With Marino you knew IMMEDIATELY (With Tua 2 of first 4 games under 100 yards and 3 under 100 this season, compared to Herbert...), but I get the whole injury situation, he just needs to get better and fast.

Last edited:
Sewell is only as good as the weakest link on the OL.

I'll gladly take the best receiver in 2021
That's the point bro. Sewell completes the OL. I could say the same about a WR. He's only as good as his QB and that's at best up in the air for us right now. At least Sewell can help open holes in the running game for us.

An trainer could easily put 10-15 lbs of muscle on this kid. That would put him in the 6-1, 185 range which is what he needs to survive. Can’t wait to see what he runs at thr combine. Bet it’s at least 4.4

Sewell is such a great prospect there's a good chance he won't even fall to Miami @3, making the Smith pick relatively easy for us.

If he does fall then I don't think they can go wrong either way as both are such amazing prospects, it's a great spot to be in.

Tua is the only thing that can truly hold this franchise back imo which is why I'm so hard on him.

IF he is truly the prospect that so many of y'all suggest then we will be just fine, but IF Herbert continues to outplay him (excuses be damned) Tua will hold the entire franchise back like he did this season because Fitz who isn't great was clearly the better QB.
Whoa dude I'm definitely not on the Tua train. You got the wrong poster or something bc I dont think he's the guy either but I'm not going to straight out bash him either. I'm in wait and see mode but I'll be the first to say this first year wasn't super inspiring and before anybody says oh look another shot at Tua no it's not it's just being realistic.

If Cincinnati is sitting there at 4 and Sewell and Smith are still on the board, which one do they pick to do the most good for burrow?

If the Dolphins equally rate Chase and Smith then I can see them trade down a couple of spots, 6th being the most. If there are no trade partners then get Smith/Chase.

If Cincinnati is sitting there at 4 and Sewell and Smith are still on the board, which one do they pick to do the most good for burrow?
Sewell... cinci could use more weapons but after the injury, you really have to focus on protecting burrow

Smith at 3 would be great. We can get by with good Tackles they don't have to be elite. I wouldn't hate drafting Sewell, but we need offenisive weapons in the worst way on this team. Smith is so impressive and Fileds wasn't last night, I wouldn't be surprised if the jets start thinking, "hmmm what would Smith look like with Darnold?"

Everyone is assuming the Fins will be able to trade down from #3 to recoup more picks and still draft Smith. What if we don't have a partner, or what if the partner's offers isn't fair value. Do you take a lesser deal and just hope Smith is there later? What if someone else values him as much as the Fins and they trade up for him after the Fins trade down? What if the Fins have Smith rated way higher than Chase on their board? If he's your guy, don't get cute and pick him at 3. I'm only trading down far enough to ensure either Smith or Chase are definitely on the board when my selection comes around or it's no dice.

Or ATL calls - 'we'll give you #4 and our R3. Should that offer be refused because it isn't 'fair,' or should they take it because they still get the guy they want and, at least, something?

Back
Top Bottom