2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him

This new "QB should say **** you to the coach and run his own plays" talking point is ludicrous. Please name me all the QBs that are doing this. Marino wouldn't have put up with this? He would and did.
While you're at it explain how you know RT didn't voice his desire to have the ball in his hands in those situations.

I’d like to think he’s created this offense because of the shortcomings on offense whether that be the qb or the line. That’s why he wanted Wilson so bad for the quick short dump offs and screens for him to take it to the house. He just doesn’t believe his qb will take over the game or any kind of faith in that shoddy o line. Get rid of the ball quick to the playmakers.

Gase has the body language of a 13 yo Kid who just got kicked off his favorite video game and told to do his homework.

I just read the article and mando has a good point, as did Barry Jacksons tweet from Sunday nite after the game

I don't think Gase would succeed with a Hall of Fame quarterback if he keeps doing what he's doing. Our game plans are horrible and so are adjustments and don't even go to play calling.

Unless that quarterback has balls of stone to question a lot of the crappy calls he'll never succeed in this league as head coach.

correct. Thinking any non-elite QB would ignore the HC and call the play HE wanted is a myth that needs to die. Run the HC's play and fail - it's on the HC. Thumb my nose at a HC and run MY play and fail - the consequences can be quite high.

correct. Thinking any non-elite QB would ignore the HC and call the play HE wanted is a myth that needs to die. Run the HC's play and fail - it's on the HC. Thumb my nose at a HC and run MY play and fail - the consequences can be quite high.

Yeah, only a hand full of QBs in the league could get away with changing the play on their own and everyone one of them are going to be in the HoF one day.

We also won games we had no business winning due to the other team missing fgs, fumbling the ball on our goaline or some other dumb luck play. We could just as easily be a 2 or 3 win team right now. Can’t have it both ways.

Pretty much every bad team can say that. It's been said here every single season for the past 15 years. Good teams win those games. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Pretty much every bad team can say that. It's been said here every single season for the past 15 years. Good teams win those games. Luck has nothing to do with it.

I’m saying we are a bad team and probably much closer to a 3 win team than a 7 win team at this point of the season. I’m saying gase can’t have both ways in saying if only for a couple of plays we’d be 7-4

Great post. That QB would have a hard time finding a job. Rodgers and Brees might be the only guys who could get away with that....sparingly. To think that any QB can just go rogue is just stupid.

I want to see Gase go before Tammy and I am no Tammy fan. Gase and the FO is clearly the problem.

Just a heads up, I'm sure you aware when you do it, but when you marginalize the player by calling him "Tammy" (which I'm not sure why you do, it's not really even funny) you are just making it so you aren't taken seriously in a conversation. Fwiw.

Lots of games come down to a couple of plays but the top teams make enough plays early on so that they don't have to worry about a couple of plays at the end of the game. The ball bounced our way at Indy for the most part and we still lost. That 3-0 start was very misleading. We could have very easily lost two of those games but that happens sometimes. Regardless of the injuries, we're just not a very good team. I don't like to blame the QB for every loss and I don't like to give the QB all the credit when we win. It is a team sport and you need everyone in order to win.

Good comparison. Pretty similar situations with basically the same QBs.

Did you guys know Arron Rodgers is 0-37 in games where the Packers are trailing by one or more points in the 4th quarter against teams with winning records. I heard this today on WEEI Boston. He is a big topic of conversation in New England because there are idiot pundits out there who try to compare him to Brady which quite frankly is laughable right now. Rodgers is never going to be in the discussion with Brady and it needs to end. Nobody gets a bigger pass from the national media than Arron Rodgers because he throws a good ball.

Just a heads up, I'm sure you aware when you do it, but when you marginalize the player by calling him "Tammy" (which I'm not sure why you do, it's not really even funny) you are just making it so you aren't taken seriously in a conversation. Fwiw.
Absolutely. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom