2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 Losses Turned Season. Both Came Down To This Player. Here’s What Dolphins Think Of Him

This 100% falls at the feet of Gase. Don't give me that crap!

A HC/OC Job is to put his players/team in the best position to WIN!
How? By truly understanding his personnel, by understanding the match-ups, by understanding the game situation and by understanding the down and distance

There is NO ONE on this board that can say in all honesty Gase has been even marginal in that regard.

If the guy at the very top isn't even half-decent at his job then how could any responsible manager blame any of his players for not being decent at their jobs?

It's called accountability at it starts at the top!

If Gase was checking most of his boxes and things weren't working then NOW we can start calling out players.
I hate to say it, but you are spot on. And I've been holding out hope for Gase.

This new "QB should say **** you to the coach and run his own plays" talking point is ludicrous. Please name me all the QBs that are doing this. Marino wouldn't have put up with this? He would and did.
While you're at it explain how you know RT didn't voice his desire to have the ball in his hands in those situations.
While I am no fan of RT, I agree with this. Gase has already shown that it does not matter how much talent you have and it doesn't matter if the move will hurt the team, he will not allow anyone to suggest we should do things any other way than his way. Gase is a total asshat.

Just a quick search showed GB trailed Dallas by one point in the 4th in this game and won. So there could be other games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201501110gnb.htm

Hers' the exact stat cut and pasted, maybe it's regular season I doubt it was made up:

Believe it or not, Rodgers is now 0-37 in his career when trailing by more than one point against teams with a winning record heading into the fourth quarter.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6232326-...rs-really-isn-t-as-clutch-as-fans-think-he-is

No matter hiow we try to stick up for him, as finheaven posters tend to back players of other teams more than there own, this is a disappointing stat for the great Aaron Rodgers. Seriously, I get aggravated when anyone other than Montana or Manning (even though he's not really close) get compared to Brady. The debate is over and Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Losses at Cincinnati and at Indianapolis on Sunday.
“Your disappointed because you’ve got two games where you’re sitting there going, well, 5-6, or 7-4,” Gase said dejectedly. “So it’s a [crappy] feeling.”
It feels bad for the Dolphins because they had fourth-quarter leads in both games and lost them. Both those leads evaporated inside the final 12 minutes of the game.
And both those games could spell the difference between the Dolphins making the playoffs or missing the postseason for the second time in Gase’s three seasons as coach.
But here’s the thing: Both those games have a common theme in that what happened has a direct tie to Miami’s starting quarterback Ryan Tannehill.
No, I’m not saying both loses should be pinned on Tannehill, although the loss to the Bengals certainly was on him and he has taken responsibility for it.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article222188065.html#storylink=rss

Tannehill is responsible for the Bengal game, but not for his play, he tried to bravely play through the pain of being hurt, he should have instead told Gase he was in pain. During the Colts game, he did exactly what was asked of him, and he needed to do to win, the Defense should have been better in crunch time, Gase should played to win, and not taken the ball out of Tannehill's hands (Tannehill was having a great game), Stills should have caught a critical pass late in the game.

The loss to NE was all I needed to see. It showed how much of a mirage of 3-0 we were. That sealed the deal for me. I watched it and went, "Yep, same old Fins we have seen for year"
For me it wasn’t even the fact they didn’t win that game. I didn’t expect a win. I expected competiveness. I just wanted to see them be competitive and make New England work for it. That’s when I’m like yeah this team is still no where close to New England. Very sad

Tannehill is responsible for the Bengal game, but not for his play, he tried to bravely play through the pain of being hurt, he should have instead told Gase he was in pain. During the Colts game, he did exactly what was asked of him, and he needed to do to win, the Defense should have been better in crunch time, Gase should played to win, and not taken the ball out of Tannehill's hands (Tannehill was having a great game), Stills should have caught a critical pass late in the game.

I need to be critical here, because it is part of the problem. When facing one of the top rated offenses in the league, you need to put up points, in bulk, often. 17/25 for 204 yards and 2 TD's is right about Tannehill, in any game (I wont caveat the long ball to Caroo which made up 1/3 of those yards as he threw it, it counts). That is not a great game, well maybe for a bad quarterback, but in the league as it currently stands, those are losing numbers, as was evident Sunday. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, I mean, no INT's is a good thing, but in the context I provided, they will not win games.

Members here have this knack of saying, well he did well but we still lost. I'm not going to bother averaging out stats because of the games missed, but I can tell you fairly certainly that those numbers would be right in the 20-30 range of QB stats.

Can they together create a winning formula over the years, in the future? Should either one or both be allowed to continue into next season?

I need to be critical here, because it is part of the problem. When facing one of the top rated offenses in the league, you need to put up points, in bulk, often. 17/25 for 204 yards and 2 TD's is right about Tannehill, in any game (I wont caveat the long ball to Caroo which made up 1/3 of those yards as he threw it, it counts). That is not a great game, well maybe for a bad quarterback, but in the league as it currently stands, those are losing numbers, as was evident Sunday. Don't get me wrong, they aren't bad, I mean, no INT's is a good thing, but in the context I provided, they will not win games.

Members here have this knack of saying, well he did well but we still lost. I'm not going to bother averaging out stats because of the games missed, but I can tell you fairly certainly that those numbers would be right in the 20-30 range of QB stats.
Bottom line was that 24 pts scored and a 10 pt lead in that game on the road vs a very good team should have been enough.....it was not. Tannehill is way down on that list for the reasons we lost. Either way, incredibly disappointing

Back
Top Bottom