2009 FinHeaven Draft. | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 FinHeaven Draft.

Yeah, there's been a lot of people that have neglected it. I read your post earlier about being gone for a few hours...that's the reason I kept posting the reminders haha.

Good thing you got to pick.

I'm waiting still...

Also, Beatty will not go before the Fins pick if he cracks the first at all.

Guys, don't be so harsh on the time limit. Yeah, it's frustrating at times, but people have commitments. I have to go to work in 1hr, and wont be back for 12 hours. I can't help it, but thats the way it is.

Have a little patience.

I almost guarentee Beatty goes in the first round.

Heres a solid mock with Beatty at 20

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

Remember last year the run on tackles. Heck SAM BAKER went 21st overall.
That mock isn't very good. The Raiders won't select Oher no way in hell. Also, Sanchez at 3 is very unlikely. Maclin also won't fall to the bottom of the first unless he runs a 4.7 40. Remember that guy had over 100 catches this year in addition to scoring on PRs and KRs. He is a threat all over.

Who do you have the Raiders taking?
I think Sanchez can easily go to the Chiefs. A new regime usually means a new franchise QB. Plus Pioli will institute a short passing effiecient style. Thigpen is a spread offense QB.

If Sanchez doesn't end up in KC, I could see SF possibly taking him at 10.

100% agree on that. Especially if they're desperate enough to want Michael Vick and the Media Poop-storm that will come with him.

They're miserable at the QB position, with Hill being adequate, Smith being a huge ?, and I'm not sure who else they have.

Sanchez would give either one a run for their money.

Who do you have the Raiders taking?
I think Sanchez can easily go to the Chiefs. A new regime usually means a new franchise QB. Plus Pioli will institute a short passing efficient style. Thigpen is a spread offense QB.
Pioli will want a sure thing because if he whiffs on a pick this high from day one he is screwed and everyone loses faith in him. QBs are the toughest position to draft and the bust potential is astronomical, so he will want to go the safer route with Aaron Curry, Jason Smith, or Malcom Jenkins. He knows next year there will be a far deeper QB class, and he can ride it out one year with Thigpen to see what he has because Thigpen played pretty well last year given the situation. If he wanted to shakeup the offense like you suggested he wouldn't have retained Chan Gailey either.

I don't know about the Raiders because Al Davis is completely out of his fricken mind. They definitely won't pick Oher though because the last time Davis raided the OL cookie jar this early in the first he got burnt BAD, Robert Gallery anyone? How about Matt Stinchcomb? Both were tremendous busts.

I see him doing his traditional "I LOVE SPEED SO MUCH" fetishism thing he does and picking Maclin. I think Crabtree may fall though and if he does he will be the pick, but if he decides he has had enough of picking offense like he has done the last two years he will go defense and pick Raji or Orakpo since their pass rush is woefully lacking and with Cutler and Rivers in their division they need to be able to get after the QB.

With the 26th Pick in the 2009 Finheaven Draft the Baltimore Ravens select:

D.J Moore CB Vanderbilt

The corner situation is a little shaky in Baltimore. If anything on their D was a weakness, this would be it. Sammari Rolle and Chris Mccalister have been plauged with injuries and are both on the down side of their career. So they go with a athletic corner who can play with the best of them.

Now on the clock, Indianapolis Colts

Back
Top Bottom