WOW

NHL Suspends Torres for 25 Games
Saturday, 04.21.2012 / 12:28 PM / News
NHL.com
Tweet
Tweet
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 21, 2012

NEW YORK -- Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended for 25 games for launching himself to deliver a late hit to the head of Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa during Game 3 of the teams’ Western Conference Quarterfinal playoff series in Chicago on
Tuesday, April 17, the National Hockey League’s Department of Player Safety announced today.

Raffi Torres

Should the 25 games not be served by the conclusion of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the remaining games of the suspension will carry over into the following regular season. Torres will be prohibited from playing in any preseason games until he has served this 25-game suspension (playoff and regular-season games).

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=629024

I'm surprised by the length, but at the same time, Raffi is a repeat offender, and one who consistently hurts players the same way. If the NHL wants to get serious about cutting down on those type of dangerous hits, this is a good way to do it. Maybe in the end he will turn into a player who plays with more caution. Look at what happened with Matt Cooke, it can happen. You can play on the edge without crossing over it. Thats what Raffi needs to learn to do, and in the end maybe this suspension will help him get there

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Panthers win! Theodore gets the shutout, 3-0. :thumbup:

One more win and we're in the conference semis.

Very happy the Cats won today. I wasn't able to watch the game sadly because I volunteered to do a neighborhood cleaup, but looks like the Devils could be in trouble.

And the Bruins too! the SE division may start to get some credit in the press if these series continue the way they are going. Also, if Ottawa and the Caps hold on to upset the Rangers and Bruins, the Panthers would be the highest seed left in the East

Florida ****ing Panthers with the shut out...hell of a game by Theodore

Drop the puck, already!!!

Game 6 is next

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

:)

The team that scores first in this series loses.
(So, we've got that outta the way.)

1-0, jagoffs

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Nothing worth having ever came easily.

Down 2-0 after one ... On to the second!!

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

:bobdole:

Really, Fleury?!? Really? That one gets in?!?

3-0

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Gooooaaaaal!

Geno!

3-1

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

Goooooaaaaaaal!!!

4-2

Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!
Let's Go Pens!

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Bull****ing****!!!

It wasn't a problem in the first when Hartnell did the exact same ****ing thing to Fleury!!!

**** the world!

... & after three hours at the range, I feel a little better. :idk:

/season.

Holy ****, CANNOT believe the Nucks lost. Wow.

Most of my good friends from college were from around the Vancouver/ Victoria area, all huge Canucks fans. I almost want to call them and ask if they're ok lol

Holy ****, CANNOT believe the Nucks lost. Wow.

Most of my good friends from college were from around the Vancouver/ Victoria area, all huge Canucks fans. I almost want to call them and ask if they're ok lol
Wow. I didn't think they were going to make the Cup Final, but I thought they would at least get past the first round.

I don't know if anyone else is watching the NYR/Ottawa game, but I thought that was a bs penalty on Foligno that led to the Rangers starting a run and netting two quick goals. Foligno was knocked into Lundqvist by 2 defenders and gets a penalty. Interesting

Back
Top Bottom