*** 2012 NHL Playoffs *** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** 2012 NHL Playoffs ***

I love watching Ryan Callahan play. He may not put up big numbers but he can do everything and he leads by example. I love how he will put his body on the line and do anything to win. Just saw him block some bombs from the point by Phillips and both looked painful. One of the better captains in the NHL.

Panthers and Devils tied @ 2 late in the 2nd. This is going to be a good 3rd period
Let's go Panthers!! It would be great to see the Devils out.

If the Rangers and Bruins lose their Game 7s, things should be looking great for the Flyers in the East.

McGuire: "Can't believe Alexei Ponikarovsky shot it right into Clemmenson on that wide open net."

I can

Bummed that the Blackhawks are out in the first round, but it was a good series.

And the Bruins are out...Caps win game 7 in OT, 2-1.

Perhaps the Caps just needed to play the role of underdog to shed their playoff demons? I thought Semin especially played well this series for someone who typically under-performs, maybe because there wasn't as much pressure this postseason as there is when they're a top seeded team.

Double OT loss at home in game seven...that's a tough one to swallow.

:boohoo:

A tough loss, for sure, but I still love the grit and determination of this team. They do not know the meaning of 'quit'. As Chad Henne would say, "they're not going to stop quitting"... :[

we'll be back next year

kudos on a great season, Cats

There is absolutely no shame in losing in 7 in double OT to the Devils. They entered the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the league, and they are always tough playoff competitors. Almost no one gave the Panthers a chance to even compete and yet the series could have gone either way. Also, they won their first division title ever this season, and took a big step in changing the culture around the team. That is HUGE, not only for team confidence and for the fanbase, but it will also go a long way in attracting free agents. Everyone credits Brian Campbell waiving his no trade clause as a turning point last offseason; after that, players saw Florida as a viable option again. Now that they are division champions, it only strengthens that view. Florida is no longer an NHL wasteland.

Any time you bring in that many new faces in the offseason, there will be a growth period. Players need time to learn to play together, and the longer they play together the better they will be. Obviously every team has new players every season, but the Panthers had an incredible number of them. This was an important season and they can build on it next year and the years to come. If they get a reliable goaltender and a real scoring threat, they will be dangerous. Gudbranson was hot and cold this year but he has elite potential and will get better and better in the next few years. The Panthers also have elite prospect John Huberdeau waiting to come up. I think they have a good future ahead of them, and while I like to see them do well, I do not identify myself as a Panthers fan so I am saying this without (too much) bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom