2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

That RT isnt the answer.

I think he took an unlucky hit that had he not this place wouldn’t have the pitch forks out right now after the qbs play the last 5 games.

That’s what I think.

This is a health thing. It’s not a pocket feel thing or a off script thing or anything else. The qb execution is plenty good enough with Tannehill on tape if the health isn’t a factor.

But I guess watching 5 games and counting of Brock will send anyone into looking for other options. It’s brutal.

Oh please I saw 5 different qbs hit in that same similar fashion last week alone. That was a timing of contact and location of contact relative to throwing motion thing more than anything else.

His arm was torqued back and beginning to coil and his motion was stopped by downward direct force.

For every college smurf qb you keep throwing out that becomes a player in the nfl there’s about 100 that don’t. That kid tonight looks 5 foot 10ish maybe a buck eighty five and probably 4.8

Well, just to be a tad contrarian, if Brady has proven anything, you certainly don't have to be much of an athlete (or great arm) to be an

N F L coitusback! Sure, he likes his soft balls and gets the bennies of his OL holding -- but no one is EVER gonna confuse

him with a great athlete. I mean -- Thill is a legit athlete. But ya know what -- he don't get 'er done like the Lady!

Its not just his height. He is Like 185 pounds also.

The kid can play, I really don't care how heavy he is, the way the rules are going they a making it less of an issue than ever before. He's not going anywhere near the top of the draft based solely on his size, but someone will get a very talented player with a 3rd to 5th round pick, if he lands in the right situation he could thrive. Is he a home run ? No, but my god the kid is a hell of a lot more exciting than anyone we have on our roster. If we end up keeping Tannehill, which we probably will because they are gutless, taking a flyer on this guy in the mid rounds, to offer some kind of back up is not a bad call.

Well, just to be a tad contrarian, if Brady has proven anything, you certainly don't have to be much of an athlete (or great arm) to be an

N F L coitusback! Sure, he likes his soft balls and gets the bennies of his OL holding -- but no one is EVER gonna confuse

him with a great athlete. I mean -- Thill is a legit athlete. But ya know what -- he don't get 'er done like the Lady!

Ehh Brady may be a dinosaur the way the leagues going these days. Shifting away from pocket progression and to off script.

I will say, Dwayne Haskins did intrigue me today. He looked quite good.

Totally agree man, I've liked what I've seen of all the Qbs I've watched today and still have Minshew to watch (taping that game while UCF still playing). Haskins accounted for 6 TDs today, Lock looked great again against Tenn, Grier wasn't at his best but still impressive in their loss, and Milton has lit this up. I'm not totally convinced that this consensus that this is a train wreck of a QB class is correct tbh.

Another drop there from a UCF wideout, perfectly thrown again from Milton.

What I’d do if I was Milton and I’m serious about it is approach Vince McMahon about his new league. No ones gonna take a kid that size and weight etc as a plan a in the nfl so go to the new league which they would love to have a competitor like him in and probably could guarantee him the starting gig out the gate and if he shreds it then make a run at the nfl.

It’s a better option than holding a clip board in the pros for his rookie season or competing for the back up gig.

Either way these are the kind of kids McMahon’s league should be trying to acquire.

For every smurf I keep throwing out?.. I’m confused..you calling Russel Wilson a smurf? Cause that’s the only smurf I’ve lobbied for TIL this point.

I’m simply looking for a prospect that is underrated with hi upside, so we don’t have to spend a fortune...

Maybe ryan couldn’t of done anything in that specific play but overall the weaknesses are there imo, and happen to be crucial ones.

Oh I see. You read that as me being direct to you with the smurf thing. I meant the board overall

Ehh Brady may be a dinosaur the way the leagues going these days. Shifting away from pocket progression and to off script.

Agree. Personally I can't stand Brady nor his cheating ways -- but he does prove it's NOT essential to have a great athlete @QB.

Reverting back to Thill -- the Gase experiment attempting to convert him into a Manning clone (aka pocket passer) not only failed it has cost Ryan his health. My take, right or wrong, is that Gase was the WRONG coach to utilize Ryan's chops. And it has really damaged his career.

The RPO game and movement etc, where always better for Thill -- trying to make him a pocket passer was counterproductive IMO.

The kid can play, I really don't care how heavy he is, the way the rules are going they a making it less of an issue than ever before. He's not going anywhere near the top of the draft based solely on his size, but someone will get a very talented player with a 3rd to 5th round pick, if he lands in the right situation he could thrive. Is he a home run ? No, but my god the kid is a hell of a lot more exciting than anyone we have on our roster. If we end up keeping Tannehill, which we probably will because they are gutless, taking a flyer on this guy in the mid rounds, to offer some kind of back up is not a bad call.

Milton definitely can play. Quick mind, quick feet and quick arm. Reminds me somewhat of Jeff Garcia.

He has always stood out in comparison to his peers, despite the size deficiency and determination to downgrade. I wasn't paying a heck of a lot of attention last season until some reporter mentioned that Milton was MVP of two quarterback camps while in high school...camps with the top rated prospects. That was immediately an eye opener because it is the type of thing I look for in a lower rated guy -- someone who has always been special and not a size/frame goof who requires tape-guy adjustment and patience.

His numbers have fallen off somewhat from 2017 but that was almost a guarantee since 2017 was so freaky. Even if Frost had returned along with everybody from that team coming back, Milton still would have been favored to regress.

We'll have to see about hand size and arm strength.

Minshew, 55 points in the first half tonight. Has 5 TDs 28/35 311 yds in one half !!! Crazy stuff. The guy is electric, I'm gonna go out and buy me one of those fake mustaches :) If we took him, I would be super excited, he just gets the game.

I think he took an unlucky hit that had he not this place wouldn’t have the pitch forks out right now after the qbs play the last 5 games.

That’s what I think.

This is a health thing. It’s not a pocket feel thing or a off script thing or anything else. The qb execution is plenty good enough with Tannehill on tape if the health isn’t a factor.

But I guess watching 5 games and counting of Brock will send anyone into looking for other options. It’s brutal.

I hear ya bro, Hell, I was calling him the man of steel before his knee injury.

And I'm pretty confident RT can beat out any of the competition we might bring into camp next year, if healthy.

But I'm definitely on board for bringing guys in to compete and at the very minimum raise our overall skill level and upside in the QB room.

If those guys come in and show enough to put a clipboard in RT's hand, then I am fine with that too.

Milton definitely can play. Quick mind, quick feet and quick arm. Reminds me somewhat of Jeff Garcia.

He has always stood out in comparison to his peers, despite the size deficiency and determination to downgrade. I wasn't paying a heck of a lot of attention last season until some reporter mentioned that Milton was MVP of two quarterback camps while in high school...camps with the top rated prospects. That was immediately an eye opener because it is the type of thing I look for in a lower rated guy -- someone who has always been special and not a size/frame goof who requires tape-guy adjustment and patience.

His numbers have fallen off somewhat from 2017 but that was almost a guarantee since 2017 was so freaky. Even if Frost had returned along with everybody from that team coming back, Milton still would have been favored to regress.

We'll have to see about hand size and arm strength.

I just wanted to bring him into the conversation as maybe one of those outliers, I think he’s worth the attention to see how it plays out in the draft and see if we could get a kid that has some special traits at a nice price..

If some folks make an overall assessment of his skills based off of this last game that would be a mistake imo.

I'm not trying to discredit your theory, because I think your thoughts on this are interesting and especially your thoughts on keeping an eye on Lamar Jackson as sort of a predictor of Steve Ross's rage...but Todd Gurley does not run out of the I-Formation or 2-TE.

The Rams are the most 11-personnel (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR) oriented team in the NFL, maybe in NFL history. They use it an unbelievable 98% of the snaps. They literally have not run the football a single time in any personnel grouping other than 11-personnel.

Hey CK, Lamar Jackson is starting today. Ross watch is officially on.

So Minshew finished with a WASU record of 7 tds 0 ints and 473 yds 43-55 ! Sorry, I know it's not a popular opinion but I would take him high in the draft and I would expect him to beat out anyone currently on our roster. I would be excited for any of the following, if we took them, Minshew, Haskins, Herbert, Lock, Milton and Grier. I know they all have their flaws but ffs anything to add a little excitement to what is perhaps the most boring QB room in the league.

I think the team will look to the draft, but I wouldn't mind a trade for an up and coming quarterback. Identifying one is the challenge.

How about Mason Rudolph? I think Pittsburgh drafted him in the 3rd round. If Miami offered a 2nd maybe the Steelers would do that. I really liked Rudolph coming out. I guess it would come down to how the Steelers viewed him. If they see him as their quarterback of the future.

Back
Top Bottom