2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2019 Qb Upgrade Ideas

I think the team will look to the draft, but I wouldn't mind a trade for an up and coming quarterback. Identifying one is the challenge.

How about Mason Rudolph? I think Pittsburgh drafted him in the 3rd round. If Miami offered a 2nd maybe the Steelers would do that. I really liked Rudolph coming out. I guess it would come down to how the Steelers viewed him. If they see him as their quarterback of the future.

I'd be all over that. Big Ben looks great this year and I think Pittsburgh grabbed him as insurance. Might be able to get them to flip him to us for a small profit.

You need to see Rudolph in an actual regular season game before you go trading for him.

I will throw out a name that no one is talking about that could bridge the gap til the 2020 class with meat still on the bone.

Jacoby Brissett.

But it would have to be a day 3 pick for me. 4th rounder

Hell no on trading a 2nd round pick for Mason Rudolph. Why the heck would we give up more than the Steelers paid for a qb that hasn't taken an nfl snap?

You need to see Rudolph in an actual regular season game before you go trading for him.

I will throw out a name that no one is talking about that could bridge the gap til the 2020 class with meat still on the bone.

Jacoby Brissett.

If Ben keeps throwing picks you might see him today.

And then the Steelers will demand a first for the kid.

And who do you want?
I want us to draft a top qb every other year until one of them sticks. Since this year's crop of qbs is obviously weak, we'll unfortunately have to wait until 2020. So in regards to this year's 2nd round pick that you're using, I'd rather we'd exchange it for something in 2020 so that we can use it to move up.

Don't get me wrong. It would be so phins like to trade a 1st round pick for a qb drafted in the 3rd this year that has played less than a game.

I want us to draft a top qb every other year until one of them sticks. Since this year's crop of qbs is obviously weak, we'll unfortunately have to wait until 2020. So in regards to this year's 2nd round pick that you're using, I'd rather we'd exchange it for something in 2020 so that we can use it to move up.

Don't get me wrong. It would be so phins like to trade a 1st round pick for a qb drafted in the 3rd this year that has played less than a game.

I hear ya, trust me, I'd love to win the Tua lottery, but we cant bank on it. Hell, Tua and Fromm might not even declare in 2020.

Trust me, I dont want to spend a first rounder at QB this year either and if we were going to take a QB in this year's draft I'd rather get the kid we missed last year. And as much as I like Baker, the pick should have been a QB.

We are definitely spending resources on QB this year, the question is how much and where?

Jacoby Brissett.

Im not real high on Brissett. Honestly, I'm still bitter about him leaving the Gators, lol.

Not a high ceiling imo, but could do alot worse. Serviceable backup at best imo.

Nope. No NFL team does that

I hear ya, trust me, I'd love to win the Tua lottery, but we cant bank on it. Hell, Tua and Fromm might not even declare in 2020.

Trust me, I dont want to spend a first rounder at QB this year either and if we were going to take a QB in this year's draft I'd rather get the kid we missed last year. And as much as I like Baker, the pick should have been a QB.

We are definitely spending resources on QB this year, the question is how much and where?
I have no idea what this front office is going to do. Its probably going to be something terrible that keeps us on the path of mediocrity. I was cool with the Fitz pick b/c I was hoping that Tanne would come back and with some of the personnel changes we made on offense, we'd be good on that side of the ball. But I'm done hoping that all these bandaid qb options will amount to anything substantial. The only option in my mind now is to draft high and often until we find that qb of the future and then build a team around him.

I get that. But until we find a good qb we're never going to be a good football team. We've been doing the same thing for the past 20 years and we've gotten nowhere.

I agree and share your frustrations. But it's like the thread about shaking up the FO. Unrealistic. I try to stay realistic.

exactly my position. every year we have to draft a qb in the first few rounds. no excuses.
most if not all of our draft picks have stunk anyways.

Back
Top Bottom