2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

So many RBs have proven that you don't need to be a top pick, though. It's a tough pill to swallow, drafting a RB high when you haven't an oline to even give them a chance to succeed.

I think a back like Taylor can help make a 2nd teir oline look a lot better than they are, plus his type of talent could forces defense to leave gaps in the secondary. Sure I agree there are some decent backs that might be available on day two or three, plus there will be at least three good back options in the 2021 draft. However, Taylor is going to be a beast.

A lot of bias here, but Lamical Perine has looked very smooth out there, I know the buzz is all about Taylor, Swift and Akers and the NFLN are barely watching anyone else but I don't think there is a RB in this class that catches the ball out of the backfield better than Lamical and that includes CHE.

Taylor has that ability to take it to the house and has good vision. Put that with his size and speed, he should have a very good career. I think he is the kind of RB that can really help an offense. Tua and Taylor? That would be something. We can draft a couple OL in the draft and maybe one or two more via FA. That'd be sexy.

Akers with that 4.47...
Taylor sub 4.4...nice
Swift...looking smooth
Dobbins hurt himself a little by not running.

Dillon is a hell of an athlete...big bastard that can move

I like Dillon, I sometimes wish he would use that size and run over people a bit more. He has a very Derrick Henry like vibe. If you wanted to build a running game that just wears down defense I would sign Jordan Howard and draft Dillon. That's two backs similar in size could just grind out yards. Don't know if that fits Miami's plans. Gailey tends to like backs that run and catch 50 + passes.

Right now...I'm moving Dillon up the ladder.

If we can transform this o-line (draft Wirfs at 18----wishful thinking after today), we may have something with him doing his best Derrick Henry impersonation.

Right now...I'm moving Dillon up the ladder.

If we can transform this o-line (draft Wirfs at 18----wishful thinking after today), we may have something with him doing his best Derrick Henry impersonation.

I was really hoping he would last until day 3...I wanted to snatch Aker in round 2...Dillon on day 3 and remake the RB room. Now I think DIllon goes day 2.

I would think with a back like Taylor you see very 3rd an 10+ situations and it would make things a lot easier on a young qb. Great pass protection would be nice, but I think just decent protection with a dominate running game would be just as good because it makes defenses cheat and opens up things for the qb.

Garbage is rough.

But I do think his ceiling is limited and wouldn't spend anything higher than a 3rd. Depending if some fat uglies are available or not.
A 3rd for a guy who you may have to "streamline" the playcalling is a lot. Baltimore should be the only team that takes a flier in him that high. And that's only because they have an offense he can and has succeeded in.

The only issue I see with Dillon is he doesn't use that size..

He did when BC had an o-line.

There are times, where you want him to hammer it in there and he is trying to cut, spin...I think he is a very good back, just wish he played more like the 245 lb freak he is.

He should have success in the NFL, he has better balance then a lot of RBs playing now...that size and speed...he has a place.

Back
Top Bottom