2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

I really do not care how many reps a running back does at the combine....

After last night I can't see Akers lasting till the 3rd round. I think him and Taylor were the big winners last night. Swift I knew would do well and Dillon with that time helped himself. Dobbins imo did NOT hurt himself. He's the 1st or 2nd back off the board imo. Hoping one of these RB's falls to us at 70 is very dangerous. If we want one of them I think we'll have to do it in the 2nd round. That's just my not so expert opinion....lol

So, I agree that it's possible that none of the preferred RB's are available at 70. But, it's RB, and there are other decent options, so I wouldn't call it risky.

One thing I like about Kelley is that he showed some ability to let his pullers do their work before hitting the hole.... Ballage is terrible in that regard... Ballage might as well be running blindfolded out there... Kelley at least has some vision and patience.

So, I agree that it's possible that none of the preferred RB's are available at 70. But, it's RB, and there are other decent options, so I wouldn't call it risky.

if we don’t addeess the lines early and often I’m going to be extremely disappointed, and that is going to take several picks. The answers aren’t going to be in FA..

I’m not sure what the point would be in drafting a RB high, to set him up for failure, or the QB for that matter. I hope we have learned something as a FO.

Last edited:
There are times, where you want him to hammer it in there and he is trying to cut, spin...I think he is a very good back, just wish he played more like the 245 lb freak he is.

He should have success in the NFL, he has better balance then a lot of RBs playing now...that size and speed...he has a place.

I believe that Dillon made some business decisions this year. His back was probably sore after being asked to be the only option on offense for BC

Just draft Becton, Wirfs, Dillon and Hurts and emulate the Titans. Just beat the crap out of teams until they quit. I’m only half joking BTW.

I love Becton!!!!!!

We have so many needs not sure if we can take him

My ideal draft would be to trade down with the Raiders.

Take

12 Kinlaw
18 Weaver
19 Fulton or Diggs
26 Baun

Take two offensive linemen in the second round

Sign Eckler and Thuney as free agents...

Draft Hurts in round three along with Duvarney
Draft Dillon round 4

Get rid of Gator and Albert Wilson

I get the feeling come draft day there's going to be a of people saying "That's not the player I wanted at that spot, but he's not a bad player!" And likely saying it more than once. It seems like Miami's going to be loaded with picks in a draft with decent depth at multiple positions. For example they might not have to draft a tackle in round 1or 2. They might easily get by with signing Conklin in free agency and then drafting a tackle in th mid rounds to battle and hopefully beatout Davenport, who is still just 23 years old and has room for improvement. Draft a midround guard like Metane Muti to battle Deiter and kick Jessie Davis back inside and you could have a servicable oline.
F/A will pretty much dictate what Miami does on draft day. Outside of Miami throwing a curveball, by signing a QB, I think Miami will concentrate on F/A Offensive Linemen.

I hope they get us at least two starting OL guys in free agency
I'm with ya, Danny. Who ever is the QB in 2020 and beyond, won't survive behind what Miami put out there in 2019. The OL has to be priority #1, as it should be. But the bigger question is, Who wants to sign with Miami? After the franchise tags are slapped on some of these guys, the cup board may be bare?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom