2020 NFL Combine info here | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 NFL Combine info here

A lot of people are dogging him for his 4.47, and I did expect low to mid 4.3's, but imo that's a testament to how fast he actually plays. His burst is unreal, and the testing did show that.

The guy who helped himself the most last night - for me - was not a WR. Cole Kmet had been getting late-1st buzz, and he solidified himself as the top TE for me.

They were saying in commentary that he looked a little heavier than hje was during the season, they thought someone had told him to put some weight on, which Steve Smith and Michael Irvin were arguing was the wrong thing to do, his weight in their view would naturally go up as he matures. I think there is some truth here in that statement.

I still love the kid, I think Shenault is due to have surgery post combine, so I'm not taking anything away from his performance. If he drops in the draft because of that, that could work out great for us, would love to pick up one of Raegor or Shenault in this draft, if we can do that with a 2nd or even 3rd round pick, then we should be elated. Chase Claypool for me was the big winner at WR, along with Jefferson, the 40 times those two posted were way better than anyone would have predicted.

They were saying in commentary that he looked a little heavier than hje was during the season, they thought someone had told him to put some weight on, which Steve Smith and Michael Irvin were arguing was the wrong thing to do, his weight in their view would naturally go up as he matures. I think there is some truth here in that statement.

I still love the kid, I think Shenault is due to have surgery post combine, so I'm not taking anything away from his performance. If he drops in the draft because of that, that could work out great for us, would love to pick up one of Raegor or Shenault in this draft, if we can do that with a 2nd or even 3rd round pick, then we should be elated. Chase Claypool for me was the big winner at WR, along with Jefferson, the 40 times those two posted were way better than anyone would have predicted.
Agree with all this, also Mims

I’ll take Hurts in round 3.

I like Hurts better than a lot, he's a very close 6th on my board but if you take him you've got to set him up for success and build your team around him. That's a tough thing to do for a 3rd round pick.

Agree with all this, also Mims

Mims showed some short area quickness in the 3 cone drill, which impressed me. I mean Miami doesn't need to but should just keep getting huge receivers. They pick up Claypool or Mims they will have maybe the tallest receiving core in the NFL. Feel like a slot guy would be better suited but with Gailey liking 4 and 5 wide just keep putting big bodies out there; a small nickel corner will not be able to cover a 6'5 Claypool or Mims in the slot. While Ruggs has killed his workout I doubt he falls to 18 and there are more pressing needs unless FA is some sort of huge win and they fill many of the holes cheaper than expected to get top flight players.

Juedy, Ruggs, Lamb, and Higgins are my top 4 and I don't think anything changed yesterday.

Reagor and that freak athleticism as well as that tape...I would be shocked if he doesn't go round 1.

The one that caught me a little off-guard was Shenault...I really did think he was faster than that. I still really like him and feel he has the potential to be a very good NFL WR...goos with the ball in his hands and extremely powerful. Him, Jefferson, and Aiyuk should end up in round 1 as well.

This WR group is really freaking good.

Everyone's scratching their heads with Shenault.

The one that caught me a little off-guard was Shenault...I really did think he was faster than that. I still really like him and feel he has the potential to be a very good NFL WR...goos with the ball in his hands and extremely powerful. Him, Jefferson, and Aiyuk should end up in round 1 as well

I’m with these guys. He is faster.

Maybe, yet his time says different...I mean we can say he is faster or actually have a measurement. One is real and tested, the other is a guess and hope.

As I said, I don't think it affects his draft stock and players tend to play a little faster is they are physically stronger..so there is that.

Isn't this the same excuse as "that person is just not a good test taker". So when his career is on the line...hes a no show.

Speed is nice but it's not everything. Most of the best WR's in the NFL are not burners.

Maybe, yet his time says different...I mean we can say he is faster or actually have a measurement. One is real and tested, the other is a guess and hope.

As I said, I don't think it affects his draft stock and players tend to play a little faster is they are physically stronger..so there is that.

But it’s about context. Jerry Rice tested slow, but we know he wasn’t. Why he ‘tested’ slow can he debated.

When watching film of Shenault consistently running with other guys that ‘tested’ much faster, it’s clear he’s comparable. For me, I’m more inclined to believe the larger sample size than a single day test.

FWIW, it does appear Shenault is dealing with a nagging injury that logically would affect his test.

Back
Top Bottom