2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB

I would not want Lamar as an NFL QB. His playing style is not sustainable.
I think you are a good poster so don't take offense to this, but I get sick of hearing this same old stale statement. Lamar Jackson missed a couple of games last year to an ankle injury. Before that he has only missed two games. Those were in week 17 when his team already had the playoffs sewn up.

I mean he is in year 5, what kind of bang for your buck do you want?

3400 tot yd average
84-31 TD to Int ratio
21 rushing TD's
Total of 105 TDs to 31 Int's. Over a 3 to 1 ratio.
Playoffs every year, I mean I sure as Hell would have taken him the last 4 years, but you wouldn't want that?

I wanted us to draft the guy and we didn't, but I still enjoy watching him. I have been a huge Tua fan since he was in college but all we talk about is how this is the year; this is year 3. Also, we keep hearing how Tua is improving on this and that but yet Jackson cannot improve? The gifts Jackson has cannot be taught and he has bulked up in the offseason. Sorry was busy yesterday and couldn't get back to this.

I think you are a good poster so don't take offense to this, but I get sick of hearing this same old stale statement. Lamar Jackson missed a couple of games last year to an ankle injury. Before that he has only missed two games. Those were in week 17 when his team already had the playoffs sewn up.

3400 tot yd average
84-31 TD to Int ratio
21 rushing TD's
Playoffs every year, I mean I sure as Hell would have taken him the last 4 years, but you wouldn't want that?

I wanted us to draft the guy and we didn't, but I still enjoy watching him. I have been a huge Tua fan since he was in college but all we talk about is how this is the year; this is year 3. Also, we keep hearing how Tua is improving on this and that but yet Jackson cannot improve? The gifts Jackson has cannot be taught and he has bulked up in the offseason. Sorry was busy yesterday and couldn't get back to this.
Contradiction galore !!!

I thought excuses were inexcusable! No I’m not quoting you, just a small faction of FH

So what will people say when the chargers, who have one of the best rosters, miss the playoffs again?
I don't know why, year in and year out, their special teams suck balls (like the Packers), but if their defense improves to middle of the pack they'll have no excuse for missing the playoffs.

Hey Ghost, you are a good poster, nothing personal my man. I am a Louisville grad and a huge Lamar guy, so I am admittedly biased.

I consider myself a Lamar Jackson fan. He’s incredibly dynamic and that’s why I said that on any given Sunday he can destroy anyone.

But as a system QB relied upon to do things with consistency and rhythm I wouldn’t put him in Tua’s category of being able to fulfill on field QB responsibilities.

It’s not a talent evaluation though. Lamar is as gifted as anyone.

it hard to talk about to good qb... we could off had... Jackson or Herbert we still miss...

I agree, no excuses! Yet Im pretty confident they’ll still miss the playoffs. who to blame them hmmmm…
If they do miss the playoffs, we'll have to see why. We need to see the games. Their roster is definitely better on paper, but that doesn't guarantee better performance. If Herbert regresses, I'll have no problem placing the blame on him. I have nothing staked on him personally. I just dislike the lazy evaluation of QB quality = wins. Take Burrow. Now he's a god. And if the Bengals bungle next year, then what does that mean? QB performance and team performance are very different things.

3400 tot yd average
84-31 TD to Int ratio
21 rushing TD's

There are some people who simply can't give other QBs a deserved amount of credit because to them it somehow invalidates Tua and his ability to also be good. There are at least 14 QBs in the NFL that have earned the status of being better than Tua based on their actual play RIGHT NOW. Jackson is definitely one of them.

Could that change this year? Of course, and I certainly hope it does.

But to continue to give Tua credit for being something that has not happened yet is insane, and not in the membrane.

Pure passer? Yeah, Tua is probably better. That isn't what makes Lamar Dangerous though so I'm not sure why anyone would compare that.

It's like saying Jerome Bettis ran with more power than Barry Sanders....it's a true statement but it entirely misses what makes each great.
Well said

Josh Allen sucks and the Bills will never win anything of significance. Last year was their best chance, they getting old at some key positions and Allen is only going to get beat up more and more over the years with his playing style like Cam Newton. I'm sure the Panthers thought they were going to be back after the SB too, hey at least they made it there LOL.

I hate the bills too but to say he sucks is crazy talk.

I dont understand why we dont just accept lamar for the dynamic qb that he is. Yes he isnt a traditional drop back qb but that man is must see tv. His total stats is comaparble to every elite qb in the league. He just gets it a different way.

They did... And outside of total numbers, they also had a top 9-12 QB when it comes to efficiency stats... You simply cant take a 9-12 passing offense efficiency wise and throw the ball more than everyone but Tom Brady and be all that successful when it comes to W-L record. Its that simple.

Especially with guys like Ekeler at RB?

How many leads did the Chargers blow in the 2nd half? That running game would have come in handy. Then Herbert would end up throwing late INT because he suddenly needs to score when he should have never been in that situation.

IMO Ekeler could potentially be a top overall RB if they utilized him more.

I understand injuries, but when you're winning 21-3 at halftime. Your next 9 plays should not be passes.

Also, I saw a drive last year where they were first and Goal on the one or 2. 4 straight plays, 4 straight incompletions.

Another similar scenario. 4 plays 4 in completions. Luckily they got a PI. On the 6th consecutive pass they finally scored.

This will make his numbers look great, but more running attack would make the TEAM better.

This is one of those weird cases where Herbert's individual success hurt the team.

If they balanced more at the right time, they would be better served.

I don't think Tua is better currently, but Tua would never be forgiven if he had the type of game Lamar Jackson had against us last year.

As a passer, Tua is miles better. But when you add the fact that Lamar is basically a running back when he scrambles he's probably ahead of Tua as a playmaker so far in their careers.

I think Lamars best days are behind him. He's one injury away from losing his best assest and as he gets older he will slow down and if he can't become a better passer he will fall off rapidly.

Back
Top Bottom