2022 NFL Draft Thread | Page 123 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 NFL Draft Thread

I would have gone another direction, even though it was only a late 7th rounder... but after doing some very quick, very sloppy reading... here's my take.

High TD to Int ratio guy on a team that is never very good. Seems adept at going through progressions and his best passing is short to medium range... can run a bit, but more like Roethlisberger than Lamar...
Sounds like a game manager type... experienced... good teammate.

Probably slated for the PS this year with a chance to be a REALLY cheap backup QB in year two.

Eh... not horrible, just not what I would have done.

I get that nearly all 7th round picks probably don't make the team or just are ST players. But I'm a little concerned they indicated they were going to bring in additional help/competition on the OL (C & OT), but didn't address in the draft. I'm hoping that means they now address it with FA's still out there. If not then I worry about our OL again. We got some good improvements, but still are several players short of a solid line. Not to mention any depth. Just saying . .

i went into this draft hoping they would get at least 2 players who can come into training camp and play well enough to contribute during the 2022 season. I believe their first two picks should at least be solid special team players next season and hopefully they can develop into
contributors on offense and defense over the course of the season.

History shows that it is rare for 7th round picks to have much success at the NFL level but maybe Goode can be one of the few 7th rounders who makes it. I don’t have much expectations for the QB they drafted but I never saw QB as a need to begin with.

Every round I just kept reminding myself that the Dolphins traded for Hill and signed two quality offensive linemen in free agency as well as a solid #3 WR and upgraded their RB position.

So even though they didn’t have a lot of draft picks. Overall this has been a great off season and I can’t wait for the season to begin.

Last edited:
OK, I've laughed about you guys who want RBs drafted by this team about enough so let me ask this:

Is RB D'Vonte Price from FIU worth bringing in as an UDFA if he survives the last two selections? Might we look at him at all and should we?

OK, I've laughed about you guys who want RBs drafted by this team about enough so let me ask this:

Is RB D'Vonte Price from FIU worth bringing in as an UDFA if he survives the last two selections? Might we look at him at all and should we?
No

Price, Master Teague, Max Borghi all udfa rb options.

i went into this draft hoping they would get at least 2 players who can come into training camp and play well enough to contribute during the 2022 season. I believe their first two picks should at least be solid special team next season and hopefully they can develop into
contributors on offense and defense over the course of the season.

History shows that it is rare for 7th round picks to have much success at the NFL level but maybe Goode can be one of the few 7th rounders who makes it. I don’t have much expectations for the QB they drafted but I never saw QB as a need to begin with.

Every round I just kept reminding myself that the Dolphins traded for Hill and signed two quality offensive linemen in free agency as well as a solid #3 WR and upgraded their RB position.

So even though they didn’t have a lot of draft picks. Overall this has been a great off season and I can’t wait for the season to begin.
And we didn’t piss away our 23 picks, that’s huge Jerry, huge!

Which undrafted players still out there do we think are worth bringing in?

I would give back our wr and qb and take that punter and anyone else you want
Hopefully with all the talent they have on offense now, they won’t need a punter. I will take a WR over a punter any day of the week. As far as the QB they drafted is concerned, I would take a hot ham sandwich for him. That is the one pick I don’t understand at all but overall, they have had a great off season.

Back
Top Bottom